Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

3.5

Water/Eau (Aqua), Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Isostearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Algae Exopolysacharides, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/Stem Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Tetrapeptide-21, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Malus Domestica Fruit (Apple) Cell Culture Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Glucosamine HCL, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Inula Crithmoide Extract, Phospholipids, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

on 5/25/2015 10:28:00 AM

I got deluxe sample of this from Sephora. We just moved, and I used this before a 16 hour drive from Maryland to Florida. Within a couple of hours, my extremely dry eye area was burning and itching from extreme lack of hydration. It was so bad that I used aquaphor as a makeshift eye cream, just to soothe my eyes while traveling. Needless to say, I would not spend money on this.

on 4/20/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this eye cream for about 6 months and I'm still loving it. The one I was using before was just not providing enough moisture but I still loved it's ability to fight my dark circles. Would you believe it that this works even better in that department? It helps with the little puffiness I have too. On top of that, it's moisturizing enough to help with my itsy bitsy fine lines... I'm only 40, after all :)

on 4/18/2015 10:48:00 PM

I love this eye cream! Doesn't break me out and it's made quite a difference!

on 4/15/2015 12:35:00 PM

I've been using a .23 fluid ounce "deluxe" sampe of this (thanks Sephora, sometimes you really come through! The full-sized version is .5 fluid ounces and $65!) for a few months now and I've come to the conclusion that this is a pretty decent eye balm/cream. Now it won't work permanent miracles, despite containing Alguronic Acid, but it is a non-irritating eye cream that absorbs quickly (nearly no residual stickiness left behind) and doesn't cause smudging with my foundation and concealer.

I have a fair amount of fine lines under my eyes and using this eye balm once or twice a day does indeed minimize the appearance of the fine lines immediately after application, but the results are of course temporary. I do also suffer from slight puffiness and the occasion dark circles - I don't feel this eye cream is especially effective at addressing those concerns for me but again, it does nicely prep the under eye area for application of coverage products.

Overall I think this is a good eye cream, but it isn't worth the $65 price tag for me, so I will not be purchasing it once I've depleted my sample. However, if Sephora happens to have this as a 100 point perk or deluxe sample, I might be inclined to order it again.

on 3/30/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

it's an average eye cream, honestly. not worth the price tag at all.

on 12/25/2014 4:38:00 AM

This product didn't work for me. It lacked moisture, smooth application and has an inconvenient packaging. It has no smell just a plain white cream in a little jar that I need to scoop out for daily eye cream.

I tried dabbing with ring finger around my eyes and gliding it in circles around my eyes, and still no luck.

I've been using this for 2 months and I noticed no changes in fine lines or dark circles. I gained some bumps around my eyes and had to get it extracted to prevent it from scarring. I'm not sure what's this product suppose to help me accomplish, because I saw no good results on my eye area.

The only thing I figured it did was a smoother application for my urban decay eyeshadow primer.

on 12/5/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a generous sample of this from Sephora and used it for a few months. Then I bought the full size (0.5 ounce size for $65). The cream is rich and luxurious without being heavy or oily. I apply it in the am and pm and it doesn't interfere with eye makeup application when I apply it in the am. I have a wrinkle in between my eyebrows that has significantly softened since using this balm and my undereye area looks more supple. I do have some light smile lines under my eyes on my upper cheeks area that I am waiting to see if they improve. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way.

on 11/9/2014 10:30:00 AM

I have a mini travel-sized balm that I keep in my purse for use on the go. I use it to freshen up my undereye area throughout the day. I do like it for hydrating and smoothing, but I feel that the claims are so overblown with this product. I have not seen any anti-aging benefits, and a glance at the ingredients list reveals that this product is full of filler ingredients that do not earn its price tag. I am glad I did not spend money on this product.

on 10/30/2014 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've only recently began using eye creams consistently. I am not interested in really any of the bells and whistles/crazy claims a lot of these do. Generally, I believe the key to improving the look of under eye areas is simply moisturizing. The brightening and in this case "microalgae technology" seems hard to believe.
I do feel this was one of the better eye creams I've tried so far, up there with Bobbi Brown (which is $50 for 0.5 oz, while Algenist is $65 for 0.5 oz.). I think it's a great way for those who are new to eye creams to start out, as I do think it's a basic, lightweight eye cream. I'm 27 years old and do not have any fine lines/wrinkles to speak of yet, but I do work overnights as a nurse and have a chronic tired look about me. I feel like an eye cream and good concealer on top (when wearing makeup) really improves my appearance and keeping this area moisturized is a great prophylactic way to keep those (inevitable?) wrinkles away. I do also wear this overnight (or in my case during the day when I sleep), but feel maybe a thicker cream (Clinique?) would be a bit more useful for really moisturizing overnight!
I don't find the ingredients to be irritating, in fact I had a bit of an allergic reaction on one of my eye lids from an eyeshadow primer that ended up causing flaking/dryness and this helped greatly. It's not scented and is very creamy. Will repurchase!

on 10/26/2014 8:06:00 PM

My skin is oily/dehydrated, but the skin around my eyes is extremely dry. The area under my eyes tends to look crepey and crinkly when I smile. I received a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and have been using it morning and night for 2 months. It hasn't caused any adverse reactions, but it hasn't helped the dryness around my eyes either. It's definitely not moisturizing enough for my dry under eye skin. I've been using a generous sample of Replenix Restorative Nighttime Bio-therapy as an eye cream for the past week, and my under eye area looks so hydrated and amazing compared to how it looked while I was using this. Will not purchase.