November 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Algenist - Complete Eye Renewal Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I have a mini travel-sized balm that I keep in my purse for use on the go. I use it to freshen up my undereye area throughout the day. I do like it for hydrating and smoothing, but I feel that the claims are so overblown with this product. I have not seen any anti-aging benefits, and a glance at the ingredients list reveals that this product is full of filler ingredients that do not earn its price tag. I am glad I did not spend money on this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've only recently began using eye creams consistently. I am not interested in really any of the bells and whistles/crazy claims a lot of these do. Generally, I believe the key to improving the look of under eye areas is simply moisturizing. The brightening and in this case "microalgae technology" seems hard to believe.
I do feel this was one of the better eye creams I've tried so far, up there with Bobbi Brown (which is $50 for 0.5 oz, while Algenist is $65 for 0.5 oz.). I think it's a great way for those who are new to eye creams to start out, as I do think it's a basic, lightweight eye cream. I'm 27 years old and do not have any fine lines/wrinkles to speak of yet, but I do work overnights as a nurse and have a chronic tired look about me. I feel like an eye cream and good concealer on top (when wearing makeup) really improves my appearance and keeping this area moisturized is a great prophylactic way to keep those (inevitable?) wrinkles away. I do also wear this overnight (or in my case during the day when I sleep), but feel maybe a thicker cream (Clinique?) would be a bit more useful for really moisturizing overnight!
I don't find the ingredients to be irritating, in fact I had a bit of an allergic reaction on one of my eye lids from an eyeshadow primer that ended up causing flaking/dryness and this helped greatly. It's not scented and is very creamy. Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is oily/dehydrated, but the skin around my eyes is extremely dry. The area under my eyes tends to look crepey and crinkly when I smile. I received a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and have been using it morning and night for 2 months. It hasn't caused any adverse reactions, but it hasn't helped the dryness around my eyes either. It's definitely not moisturizing enough for my dry under eye skin. I've been using a generous sample of Replenix Restorative Nighttime Bio-therapy as an eye cream for the past week, and my under eye area looks so hydrated and amazing compared to how it looked while I was using this. Will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great daytime eye cream. It is light, silky, and absorbs quickly and easily. The area underneath my eyes is noticeably more hydrated and moisturized..

I am not convinced that there are any other skin benefits. I have not noticed any improvement with puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, etc. I also don't think the results last beyond the day, as my eyes are just as dry the next morning.

I don't really expect miracles from a daytime eye cream. This product does moisturize my very dry under eye area, making my makeup appear smoother, wear more comfortably, and possibly keeping wrinkles at bay via its hydrating properties. I would repurchase because it is not irritating (I have put it on my lids), made in the USA, unscented, moisturizing, and just a solid product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a generous sample of this in one of the Sephora VIB bags and since I am always on the look-out for a good eye cream I was happy to try this out. It failed miserably in my book, though. Zero effect on dark circles, fine lines and crows feet. It is definitely not hydrating enough for night time. The reason I gave it two stars instead of one is because it may be useful as a daytime eye cream and not interfere with eye makeup. However, if you are looking for something for mature skin, this is not the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by priscillaaa

This eye cream saved my poor eyelids! The skin right beneath my brow bone and above my eye crease was going through a tough time. It was constantly red, puffy and peeling! I tried putting on different eye creams (Lancome, Origins, and my regular night cream (Murad), but nothing was working. The skin had become so dry and red that make up wouldn't cover it. I got a sample of this eye cream from a Sephora VIB event and tried it out that night. It glides on easily, no fragrance and didn't sting or anything. I continued using this for a week and my problem area had cleared up! Amazing! I also had dry patches above my eyebrows, nearing my temples.. my skin was flaking there as well. On a whim, I decided to put this eye cream on that area since it worked so well for my eyelids.. and guess what? It worked! This eye cream has been a lifesaver and I would definitely repurchase. It has worked amazingly well for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this eye balm a lot. I may be in the minority in that I am not looking for a lot of special ingredients. I give it four stars because I don't believe it actually has any renewing powers but I just want something that makes my under eye area feel hydrated, not irritated, and comfortable. I can also dab it on midday on top of my makeup and it works to refresh the area. I use is as a night treatment too and I like how my eye area responds to it.

I have used eye creams that have actually burned (Bobbi Brown) or in made my eyes puffy (Neutrogena) because they were too rich to had irritating ingredients but this is just a nice balm - much like I would expect from a lip balm - it just does what is needs to without a lot of fuss. This is just what I needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use it for lines or circles, but I had been looking for something to cure my eyelids of their consistent reddish sandpaper texture, and had tried everything from la mer to kinerase to ole h. Nothing really helped the texture overnight--until I got a sample of this. It worked! This will be a staple product for me now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Was looking for an eye cream because my co-worker commented on my dark under eye circles. I was like if he could notice, the world could. Its a guy!!! So began my journey researching, everything said mostly the same thing , confused , Of course! Went into Sephora and randomly asked for any eye cream samples they had for my age range 24+ and the sales clerk gave me Algenist samples. I heard of them and was like ok lets try. Within a week of using samples I could tell a difference. My eyes felt firm, it looked refreshed. After 2 weeks of my samples finishing I noticed those little lines at the side of my eyes were diminished. To be realistically honest I was only 24 so I don't have wrinkles or major lines but what I thought I had was just ..gone. The under eye dark circles has lightened . I ordered a pot and used it for a month now, I haven't begun to dig into the pot and I use it everyday and night, so its quite some product you're getting.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This eye cream feels refreshing and very hydrating I love this cream it made my dark circles and bags go away I highly recommend this balm.