July 26, 2014 | 933 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Algenist - Complete Eye Renewal Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Was looking for an eye cream because my co-worker commented on my dark under eye circles. I was like if he could notice, the world could. Its a guy!!! So began my journey researching, everything said mostly the same thing , confused , Of course! Went into Sephora and randomly asked for any eye cream samples they had for my age range 24+ and the sales clerk gave me Algenist samples. I heard of them and was like ok lets try. Within a week of using samples I could tell a difference. My eyes felt firm, it looked refreshed. After 2 weeks of my samples finishing I noticed those little lines at the side of my eyes were diminished. To be realistically honest I was only 24 so I don't have wrinkles or major lines but what I thought I had was just ..gone. The under eye dark circles has lightened . I ordered a pot and used it for a month now, I haven't begun to dig into the pot and I use it everyday and night, so its quite some product you're getting.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a generous sample of this eye cream and while it has moisturized the eye area I don't think it lives up to its claims of diminishing puffiness or dark circles, etc. Way too expensive as well. I will not be buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This eye cream feels refreshing and very hydrating I love this cream it made my dark circles and bags go away I highly recommend this balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Holly987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as part of a starter set from QVC, along with the serum and moisturiser, and I love the effect the whole line has had on my skin. I use this in conjunction with the serum around my eyes and have done for the last two weeks, and my eye area is nicely moisturised and also just looks fresher, less puffy, and my fines lines have reduced. It's still fairly early days but I adore the serum, and in conjunction with the eye cream, I've seen good results. I'm 28 and my eye area is where I'm seeing aging, with fine lines and puffiness, which I'm not happy about. I went to Space NK to try a different range, as I've used so many eye creams and serums in the past and they haven't made much difference. In fact some worsen the puffiness or are too drying, cause milia, or just seem to do very little visibly. The assistant at Space NK was raving about this line and the improvement she's seen in her skin, so I thought I'd try it. It's quite pricy to buy the full line full size, and they didn't have samples, so I ordered a trial set of deluxe samples online. I will be repurchasing the full size products after I finish them

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have given Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm a shot twice now, early summer and late fall so different temperatures for my skin needs. Both times it failed miserably for me. I just cannot see what the hype is about this product. It does absolutely nothing for my fine lines, the cross-hatching under my eyes that is developing and my crows-feet. There are products that I use that when I apply them do minimize the lines I have. I understand post-menopausal skin at my age will have wrinkles and lines, of course. I've earned them through time. But if I'm paying decent money for a product that tells me it will "diminish signs of aging and fatigue, decreasing the signs of puffiness and dark circles while tightening and firming the skin around the eyes...fine lines and wrinkles are minimized for a comprehensive renewal of the eye area", I'd better see some type of result within the month or I'm not a happy camper. Give me something for my money, folks! It does go on silky-smooth, that's the best I can say for it along with the fact that it's also cruelty-free (not tested on animals). I found Algenist Eye Renewal Balm actually made my eyes puffier in the morning upon awakening, the exact opposite of its claims. I didn't feel any tightening or smoothing of my eye area either, as I do from other products. What works for some just doesn't for others. Packaging is in a round pot so to speak which isn't hygienic for you to constantly dip your finger in so I do my usual dip of a clean plastic scoop, removing just the amount I'll need with the scooper, that way the amount in the container stays relatively clean. I also keep all my products in my refrigerator to keep them fresher longer and they feel great when applied!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by LisaLeah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutley LOVE this eye cream. It is very rich and moisturizing yet sinks into the skin beautifully. It really reduces puffiness and freshens up the entire eye area. I love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No, I would not buy this again. I have one almost unused for swap if you want to contact me...

For me, this is one of those super-rich eye creams that "puffs" up my under eye area. It puts in so much moisture that it gives me sort of little heavy bags under my eyes where I normally have none. ;( I don't over-apply either--I use avery thin layer and I keep it toward the outside corner of my under eye area where the crow's feet are. It makes me look much more tired but the fine lines are not diminished at all. A waste of $65 for me personally...

I would recommend this for nighttime use only, and for women who want a very rich cream that will plump the under eye area. Just not for me. I do however really love the Algenist serum, which I use under my eyes for a nice firming and anti-wrinkle effect.