Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser

4.4

on 1/3/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great stuff. Restores my brushes, both synthetic and natural, to their original softness. Most, if not all, of my brushes are expensive Trish McEvoy brushes that I have had for nearly fifteen years and I expect them to last. Trish no longer makes her Brush Bath and I use this as an alternative and I am glad I do. Cleans brushes thoroughly (you can see product being rinsed down the drain) yet leaves your brushes really soft. The packaging really is a bummer. It will leak if stored upright so I store it in its original box cap-side up and have no problems with leaking (I took away a lippie due its lousy packaging). Expect to purchase again but that will be awhile from now given how little product one uses. A real problem-solver for me, glad I made the purchase.

Background: I have nearly finished my second tube of this product. I use it in combination with lukewarm water.

PROS:
* Keeps brushes in good condition. I wash my "cream product brushes" (e.g. for foundation, concealer, gel eyeliner, etc.) after each use and they are still as good as new.
* Nice scent.

CONS:
* Does not always get all of the foundation out of the brush. I sometimes have to use a stronger brush cleaner first (e.g. Cinema Secrets) and then cleanse with this product afterwards to ensure the brush is completely clean.
* Packaging. I have to lie mine flat otherwise the product leaks. I agree with other reviewers; a pump would have been a better option.
* Pricey. Considering it's a 100mL tube, AUD $28 is a little steep in my opinion.

At this stage I am unsure if I will repurchase. I am considering trying a cheaper brand next time and if that isn't as good, I will go back to this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great brush cleaner. Use it for all of my brushes. Gel like formula. Nice conditioning lather. Prefer it over MAC brush cleaner.

on 11/20/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very nice product. In my experience, this is far better than just an overpriced baby shampoo type of product. This is a very effective, yet gentle clear gel that thoroughly cleanses my brushes and leaves them conditioned and like new. Since high quality brushes are such an investment I am willing to pay a little more to ensure their longevity. I alternate between this tube cleanser that I use weekly and the spray cleanser from Bobbi Brown for daily use.
Retails for $16.50 a tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does an Ok job however I have a baby shampoo that does equally well and leaves the bristles equally soft at a fraction of the price... Will not repurchase.

on 7/10/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great little brush cleanser that leaves my brushes nice and clean and soft and brand new again! I find it's better to put a bit of the cleanser on the dry, dirty brush and really work it in without water - that way, the cleanser isn't diluted and most of the old product on the brush can be lifted off when you rinse them under the tap. I haven't had any problems with this stuff leaking at all from the tube, but agree that a pump bottle would be easier. Definitely the most effective product I've tried to quickly and thoroughly clean your brushes.

Totally and effectively cleans those grubby brushes leaving them soft like new.
Its amazing.

BUT

Dear Bobbi:
Its a crying shame this ain't in a pump bottle. Please rectify.
How has someone as clever as you not figured out that the current packaging is dysfunctional. I was just wondering how long it takes you to clean your mega huge brush stash with the current tube system.

on 1/5/2013 9:26:00 AM

Love this - keeps my brushes clean and soft. The tube leaks if you store it the right way up though. I store it upside down but it's still messy. I will repurchase because the product is so good but I wish it came in a pump dispenser.

on 1/26/2012 2:12:00 PM

I love love love this conditioning brush cleanser! But I agree with other reviewers about the packaging. It should be a pump rather than a tube.

I just came back from washing my brushes and this cleanser works very well! leaves my brushes looking almost brand new and when washing the brushes, you get to see all the cosmetic products used go down the drain.

i would definitely re purchase this, but the packaging needs to change!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my HG Brush Cleaner. The only downside to this product is the packaging. A pump bottle would have worked better since this product leaks if you leave the tube upside down. Other than the packaging issue, this product helps remove all the gunk stored in brushes-- from synthetic to natural brushes. Not to mention that this cleaner also conditions your brushes making it easy to maintain all our precious brushes. :D