October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Conditioning Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush cleaner. Use it for all of my brushes. Gel like formula. Nice conditioning lather. Prefer it over MAC brush cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice product. In my experience, this is far better than just an overpriced baby shampoo type of product. This is a very effective, yet gentle clear gel that thoroughly cleanses my brushes and leaves them conditioned and like new. Since high quality brushes are such an investment I am willing to pay a little more to ensure their longevity. I alternate between this tube cleanser that I use weekly and the spray cleanser from Bobbi Brown for daily use.
Retails for $16.50 a tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does an Ok job however I have a baby shampoo that does equally well and leaves the bristles equally soft at a fraction of the price... Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great little brush cleanser that leaves my brushes nice and clean and soft and brand new again! I find it's better to put a bit of the cleanser on the dry, dirty brush and really work it in without water - that way, the cleanser isn't diluted and most of the old product on the brush can be lifted off when you rinse them under the tap. I haven't had any problems with this stuff leaking at all from the tube, but agree that a pump bottle would be easier. Definitely the most effective product I've tried to quickly and thoroughly clean your brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Totally and effectively cleans those grubby brushes leaving them soft like new.
Its amazing.

BUT

Dear Bobbi:
Its a crying shame this ain't in a pump bottle. Please rectify.
How has someone as clever as you not figured out that the current packaging is dysfunctional. I was just wondering how long it takes you to clean your mega huge brush stash with the current tube system.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by starbar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this - keeps my brushes clean and soft. The tube leaks if you store it the right way up though. I store it upside down but it's still messy. I will repurchase because the product is so good but I wish it came in a pump dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

I love love love this conditioning brush cleanser! But I agree with other reviewers about the packaging. It should be a pump rather than a tube.

I just came back from washing my brushes and this cleanser works very well! leaves my brushes looking almost brand new and when washing the brushes, you get to see all the cosmetic products used go down the drain.

i would definitely re purchase this, but the packaging needs to change!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by TanyaMarie1219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG Brush Cleaner. The only downside to this product is the packaging. A pump bottle would have worked better since this product leaks if you leave the tube upside down. Other than the packaging issue, this product helps remove all the gunk stored in brushes-- from synthetic to natural brushes. Not to mention that this cleaner also conditions your brushes making it easy to maintain all our precious brushes. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thes cleanses my brushes very well, seeing brown/pink foam down my sink gives me satisfaction too! Lol! Also dries without that residue feel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Bobbi Brown is not known for practical, much less ingenious, packaging and this product is no exception. As other reviewers have mentioned, the consistency of this cleanser is too thin for a tube. A bottle with a pump dispenser would've worked much better but that's Bobbi Brown for you. Other than the lousy packaging, this is one of the best brush cleansers that I have used. Johnson's Baby Shampoo is my usual brush cleanser but I find that the Bobbi Brown does a much better job at getting gunk out of brushes and my Beautyblender sponges. Since the Bobbi Brown brush cleanser is so expensive, I prefer to save it for brushes used for creamy and liquid products such as foundation, concealer, and eyeliner. I also have the Beautyblender brush cleanser and I find that the Bobbi Brown cleanser works pretty much the same.