August 2, 2014 | 969 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Gold Dust Powder Eye Shadow

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this es again if I lost or broke it as it is a gorgeous color. However, the pan is huge: 3.1 grams. I think that is twice as much, at least, as a Mac shadow. I am a little worried about the packaging. It has a clear plastic lid with a plastic hinge. Time will tell whether opening and closing it a lot will cause hinge failure. It is sturdy looking and sturdy feeling at this point.. This is one of a new line of es products from Milani that is just now out in the stores. They all look amazing in the pan. I splurged and bought five of them. For 6 bucks, why not? I have tested this gold one and a brown one (Caramel Brown) so far.
They are both quite pigmented, creamy with absolutely no fall out. They blend easily and stay where you put them. I almost always wear a primer with my es's because I have oily hooded lids. So far I have tested these out without primer and I have not had any creasing over a normal wearing period for me. I do not, however, put es on early in the morning and take it off at bedtime. I usually only have makeup on for an afternoon or evening out. So maybe 6 or 7 hours at a pop, max. No creasing with these. I have two matte colors that I have not tested out yet. The gold and the caramel are pearlized but not overly so. I probably have no business wearing a gold es on my lids at my age, but I could not resist this one. It is the prettiest gold. I keep it on my actual lid and not any further up and so far, I don't think I look too aging disco queen. It is just such a fun color.Of course, I don't have any other gold to compare it to, nor do I need another gold. This giant pan will probably be passed on to my heirs! Go check out these lovely, high quality shadows before they all sell out.....because they will be off the shelves really quickly.