July 22, 2014 | 1893 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Field of Flowers Violet Blossom

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Violet Blossom is a pretty violet perfume...smells like violets,a little powdery maybe...its a dainty perfume...very pleased with Violet Blossom since I love violet perfumes....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to agree with the reviewer below me. I love violet based fragrances, but I had a hard time finding an "everyday" one. This is so fresh and pretty. I purchased the lotion and the perfume, which both come in lovely bottles. A perfume loving friend waved her hand at the bottle and said it was not classy when I asked for her opinion. Pffft. All I know is this is the first time in a long time my husband has sniffed me like a freshly spritzed carpet in a Febreeze commercial. If you are a violet fan and want an alternative to vintage inspired violet scents or va va voom, check it out. Pretty bottle, affordable price, nice juice.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Philosophy has begun a new fragrance collection based on a "wardrobe" concept. (Think Jo Malone, 40% cheaper, in the prettiest bottles you could ever imagine). A range of different florals in a "field of flowers" are beautifully packaged in individual boxes that look like books. You open the "book" and inside is a gorgeous bottle with painted "theme" flowers. So far, the collection has Peony Blossom (the original Field of Flowers fragrance, re-named), Magnolia Blossom, Orange Blossom (which I've been on waitlist for at QVC for two months!), and Violet Blossom.

Violet Blossom comes in a "book" with violets illustrating the cover, and lovely purple flowers are painted on it's white bottle. It's pretty enough to buy just to look at, and I want the whole collection because it's fun.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the violet fragrance, because violet fragrances usually don't work for me, so I was surprised with delight when I wore this the first time. My allergies have been miserable this season -to the point where I'm having problems tolerating fragrance- which is nearly tragic for me. As is often claimed, and true for me as well, most of Philosophy's fragrances do not irritate my sinuses or nasal passages!

Violet Blossom is welcome not only for it's high tolerability, but it's an incredibly attractive fragrance. I can't help but compare it to other fragrances, for description's sake, but reactions to fragrance are as relative as everything else. This smells like Love's Soft Jasmin (vintage), with hints of fresh violet, on a base of heliotrope. It's clean, but it's nothing like laundry detergent or fabric softener or room spray. It's definitely "perfume".

I find the lasting power to be outstanding. This is a soft fragrance that won't bother anybody, but it lasts and lasts. On clothing, especially, you have to launder clothes to remove the scent. After wearing one day, I wake up the following morning and I smell this on my skin. (I love to spray it on my bedsheets, too).

I tested the Magnolia Blossom at Ulta, and I didn't like the fragrance as much as Peony or Violet; but I usually don't like magnolia soliflores, so I wasn't surprised. My four year old daughter LOVED the magnolia, and I'm going to buy it to wear for her, or to spritz lightly on her skirts or shorts. The Magnolia Blossom bottles has pink magnolias painted on it, and my daughter, unlike me, goes nuts for anything pink.