November 27, 2014 | 1385 users online

Body Scrubs - Origins - Salt Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've received this as a gift twice am not a fan of the plastic jar because it's awkward.... I usually grab some out of the tub and close it before turning the shower on. The salt granules are bit too big like everyone says, but hey it's a scrub. Also, the reason why it's big is because it's dead sea salt! I love the fresh minty scent and it's not extremely overpowering like toothpaste. I'm a huge fan of the macadamia nut and kukui nut oils in this scrub. It's not overly greasy if you use it in the shower and towel off. Just heed the warning about not using it on cut skin or right after shaving. Scrub first then shave.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I purchased this salt scrub to smooth out dry areas on my skin. I knew this salt scrub would remedy this problem. It is kind of awkward using this in the shower because of the size of the jar and how heavy it is. The salt scrub irritated my skin and it did not smell that great. This was 30.00 wasted unfortunately.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Save your money and make your own salt scrub. I take jojoba or sweet almond oil, sea salt or sugar, a few drops of essential oils (peppermint when its hot, lavender for relaxation, bergamot to refresh), mix together, rub all over and hop in the shower. While I do love the aroma of Salt Scrub and the jar is really pretty, the grains are a bit too big and scratchy and the jar and hinged lid are cumbersome and messy in the shower. Its also a bit too oily and makes the tub very slippery!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This was my very first Origins product, and it was so great that I continue to try their products. I have loved this scrub for many years. The scent of this is truly what Origins products are expected to have. It is minty and fresh smelling. It is expensive but that hasn't stopped me. Heed the warning on the jar! I once used it without knowing I had a cut on my finger, and I think I blacked out for a few minutes from the stinging pain. The glass jar is awkward and heavy to handle with oily hands so I'm knocking off one Lippie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by rachchen

Amazing for a hot, hot summer day, or a cold, brisk winter's day. I actually really like the oil in it - really moisturises my dry-ish skin and seals in the moisture. No need for body cream. Amazing Origins mint scent. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this product twice over the past few years and I really like it.

First, let me say that one of my only complaints is the glass jar it comes in- it just sucks! Like one other reviewer mentioned, it is dangerous to use in the shower and it's heavy as hell. I also hate having to unfasten that metal lock on it. I have a Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub (great product for 6 bucks, by the way!) and I love that it is in a plastic tub with a flip-up lid. If Origins would put their scrub in a container like that, I'd be thrilled.

Ok, on to the product's performance: This is a very heavily oiled scrub - I think when you first buy it it is literally half oil and half scrub, but if your skin is REALLY dry - like in the dead of winter, it is great to use something with a lot of oil. I don't think I would use this in the summer except maybe on my feet or elbows. After using this, my skin is extremely soft and it lasts throughout the day or night (I usually use it at night). I find that sometimes if I use too much, I am a little greasy, but I just rub in some of the oil after I get out of the shower.

The scent of it is intoxicating - that gorgeous, minty smell that Origins is so well known for. I could just pop open the lid and smell it forever. :) The mint is soft and not overpowering - so it isn't like you are scrubbing with a mixture of salt and Listerine. I find the salt dissolves pretty quickly and if I scoop up enough oil with the salt, I don't find it is too scratchy, either.

From what I remember, Origins has a warning on this product, telling people NOT to use it right after you shave. Follow the warning!

This stuff lasts forever (you definitely get your money's worth) and you might find that when you get closer to the bottom of the jar, you are left with more salt (and almost no oil) that is hard to scoop out . When I get to this point, I actually take the leftover salt and put it directly into my bath water. I get the same moisturizing benefits as if I scrubbed it on my skin directly.

Overall, I love this product and I would definitely re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by BlondeJennyS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a keeper. The smell was okay and thats important for me. The grains were large and hurt my skin to use. I now use St. Ives Apricot Scrub and am very satisfied, try that one and dont waste your time with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lm378

I thought this product was fabulous, until I realized how easy it is to make something comparable for next to nothing. The product does feel great (except on broken or irritated skin--OUCH) and moisturizes and leaves you all shimmery. But $30 is crazy for something that's so simple to make at home, and I hate the glass jar, which is dangerous and hard to handle in the shower. Furthermore, I only used it once a week or so, and it quickly lost its fresh smell and started smelling kind of funky after a couple months.

Now I just whip up my own scrub on an as-needed basis: olive or almond oil with salt (or sugar, which has no ouch factor) and a few drops of whatever scented oil I have around. No grimy jar of overpriced salt and oil in the shower. Works for me every time, just as well as the Origins scrub!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen25

Wow can't beleive the bad reviews. I tried it today for the first time at the store and bought it. I had very dry hands and the SA had me use the scrub (she didn't do it) but she showed me how and it left my dry skin very, very soft and touchable. I think this is so far the best scrub I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by femmearsenal

Pros: It leaves your skin really soft
Cons: If you have any nicks from shaving it will sting like CRAZY. Also, leaves a slippery film on the bottom of the shower.