Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush

4.6

on 3/10/2015 7:44:00 AM

I got this in the core collection and i love it! (Love all the RT brushes I have tried) Best foundation brush I have ever tried. It blends my fondation/BB-cream perfectly and the size fits perfectly in all my nooks and crannies.
These brushes are really cheap, so perfect for my student budget. They are so soft and stay soft after many washes. Easy to wash as well.
Big plus for being cruelty free!
Only con is that it cannot be purchased separately, as i would like more of them!

on 3/5/2015 2:35:00 PM

My best friend bought the core set on my birthday and I like this brush most! it's my everyday foundation brush, I use it with liquid foundation. Love the size of the brush and it's super soft. Even after washing it several times (I use baby shampoo) :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush in the set it came with, I wanna say the expert face brush set? I dunno! anyway I bought this set about a year ago and I have been in love with every brush excluding the pointed face brush it comes with up until now! The brush hairs on the buffing brush in particular have gradually started sinking back into the tube! the brush hairs used to be about 3-2 centimetres long and now there is about 1-1/2 a centimetre left of brush hairs! This has condensed the brush size significantly and makes it really hard to use! This brush used to be my go to foundation brush but now I can barely use it! Not impressed!

on 2/5/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a large collection of RT brushes and this is my favourite for applying foundation. I also have the stippling brush and the expert face brush which are also really good. The buffing brush lets me blend out my foundation perfectly and stops it from looking patchy or cakey. I find it really easy to clean and it dries really quickly compared to my other brushes. I have been using this brush almost daily for the past sixth months and it's still as good as the day I bought it! I think this brush came in a set (possibly Sam's Picks?) with 4 others, which I managed to buy on sale for less than Ģ20 so it is excellent value for money. I will definitely be adding more RT brushes to my collection.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I like the brush and I have gotten a lot of use out of it, I donīt like the package. I like more of the traditional appearance of a brush.
Price is excellent for the quality!
Next I would like to try Sigma F80 brush.

on 1/22/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Really like this brush. I bought it because it looked like my fav sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush. The hairs are just slightly longer and not a tightly compressed as the sigma brush, but it work as well as my sigma brush. The price is great and I find myself reaching for this brush more because it is easier to clean than my sigma brush.

on 1/21/2015 8:37:00 PM

OMG love these brushes!!! And so affordable it's crazy! This one works for everything: liquid foundation, mineral, cream, you name it! My favorite is Estee Lauder Double wear and this blends very nicely making my foundation look more like skin. I've also bought more than one of these and has used it for blush too. It's more dense so mostly for foundation but such a wonderful brush AND it can literally stand up on its own. It also drys pretty fast which is a plus.

on 1/14/2015 12:52:00 PM

This USED to be my favourite brush; it flawlessly applied both liquid and mineral foundation and every time I knew I was going to get an airbrushed result!

BUT a bit less than a year in and the bristles started coming out (not shredding exactly), but deteriorating.

I was pissed off. Not because it was expensive, because it wasn't, but because I take very good care of all my brushes - I wash them often and always leave them to dry on their side so water doesn't go in and destroy the resin. And this still fell apart!

Although I loved the result it gave me, I think I'll just wait until it falls apart completely and go for another brand.

Also, I'm not a fan of the fact that you have to buy the whole set just to get this brush (the others are not as good I'm afraid).

Holy amazing brush, Batman! I have used this brush to apply both mineral powder foundation and BB cream and it gave by FAR the best results. (As opposed to application via fingers, foundation brushes, sponges, etc.) The only reason I gave it 4 stars for price is because, to my knowledge, this brush is only available with the whole "core collection", which are also great brushes but not as commonly used as this one. But honestly this brush alone is worth the price of the whole set, so still totally worth it!

on 12/13/2014 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! It's my everyday foundation brush. I use a liquid foundation, and pump the tiniest bit onto the top of the brush, swipe it down whatever part of my face I'm doing and then blend in circular motions, and it's given me the most flawless finish I've ever had! It's a shame they don't sell this brush separately, they could make a killing! But honestly, I love this brush! It doesn't keep the product on the brush, it all comes off onto your face, so I didn't have a dirty brush after every time i used it! I love this brush and will continue to use it!

Popular Makeup Brushes