April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Buffing Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lollycat99

Am I the only one who got a bad brush?! Right after I opened it I ran my fingers through the bristles and they were NOT soft AT ALL like literally no feeling of softness whatsoever. I hope it gets softer after I wash it with olive oil and soap ...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing is awesome!
I've been looking for the best brush or sponge for foundation for a very long time. I first invested in the Sephora Pro Airbrush Foundation brush, which I still really like, but it has to be kept very clean to blend well. I got the BeautyBlender, and it leaves a really nice finish, but it doesn't fit into my everyday routine because it takes longer to apply than using a brush and I don't think it makes foundation last as long because you can't really buff it into the skin, it kind of sits on top.
FINALLY, I unexpectedly found this within the Core Collection set and I've been reaching for it ever since. It does a great job of easily getting into tricky spots like the sides of the nose and under eye. My face just looks so smooth when I'm finished with it.
The only thing I don't love about it is that when I use it to stipple on foundation to get more coverage on certain spots it feels prickly, which really surprised me bc of how smooth it feels when buffing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by pookiedoll80

This is the best brush I have ever used. And I have tried everything there is out there from $100 brushes to $5.00. I personally use it for powder foundations but I can see it being great for liquid as well. It never sheds, its not itchy. Gives the coverage you desire whether sheer or matte. The brush itself is sturdy and not cheap looking. I use other brushes from this line as well. But this is my HG brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Luv this brush it is fantastic! I use mine to buff in my Ambient powder or I'll use it to blend my blush. I also love it for bronzer and blending contour lines. Super soft buffs powders,liquids,highlighters like a dream. Very easy to keep in good condition a little gentle shampoo does the trick for me. I as well wish it was sold separately and the contour brush as well. I love this brush because no matter what I put on this bad boy makes it look flawless and perfectly blended. I especially like the results I get with bronzer it looks so natural when blended with this brush. Love it and it's worth getting the Core Collection to have it. Definitely Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

This brush is AMAZING!!!! I use it for liquid and cream foundation. It applies foundation soooo flawlessly and evenly. I even use this brush to buff in my concealer and make everything blend in. The only downfall is that it cant be purchased on its own only in the core collection set in which i only like this brush and the Contour brush...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

Wow. This is probably the best foundation brush I've ever tried (and I've tried most RT ones at least!). I use it pretty much every day and clean it very frequently and it is still as good as it was when I bought it a little over a year ago. It's kept both its shape and all the bristles!

It is great for applying foundation evenly and smoothly. I usually pat on a little bit of foundation where I most need it with my fingers (to cover up redness around the nose and chin) and then use this brush to buff it in and blend it outwards. On days when there's hardly any redness in my skin and I want a lighter coverage I'll just use this straight up (without the finger application).

It holds product very well; it doesn't soak up or waste any product. The feel of the brush is very soft and smooth (keep in mind that I have very easily irritated skin) and it's very easy to clean (I just use a couple of drops of Dr Bronners peppermint soap and water!). All in all, I love this brush and I'm not sure I could live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by madeleinekate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my all time favourite brushes for liquid froundation! It is such a soft, densely packed, good quality brush, especially for the price!

It blends out my foundation flawlessly, no streaks, nothing. I find it quicker to use this than my hands because you just don't have to put in any effort to get an amazing result.

This brush is easy to clean and has not shedded on me at all, and I have had it for over a year. It is seriously amazing!

I will forever recommend this brush to anyone. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the best brush I have for liquid foundation, because it makes application quick with flawless results. I bought this in a set and I also love the contour brush. I only wish these brushes were less expensive in Europe, and there where more sets available, as individual brushes become very expensive, when you have to pay shipping costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this brush UNTIL it started shedding on me! I've been using it for about one month and after washing it a couple of times recently with my MAC brush cleanser, it's shedding like crazy and virtually unusable! Such a shame...am I the only one who's had this problem??

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this little gem! and want another, it is durable and great price point! does the job with little effort, I am a MAC, Sigma, and Real Techniques girl, and I plan on purchasing another one of these brushes!