September 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Buffing Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by darkside4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the RT Buffing brush. I use this brush every single day to apply and blend my liquid foundation and concealer. The bristles are very soft and it does not irritate my skin. The brush never sheds and it dries quickly after washing. I wish RT would sell this brush seperate. I don't want to buy another Core Collection for the sake of one brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by korean

really great foundation brush. Blends liquid foundation well and also the Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I reach for this more than i do the expert brush, because it is less dense and buffs in the product without removing any of it. I got it off amazon in the core set. No shedding when washing and no stinky smell. Fairly soft , not scratchy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by ding6556

I have tried soo many buffing brushes but after buying this at an amazing price $9 I believe, I am never turning away from this! I use this to apply my liquid foundation, its hard to explain but it really doesd buff the foundation into your skin giving you such a beautiful and even finish! I do the foundation all over my face then gently just using the brush in a circular motion. I am going to buy another one as I feel it would also be a great blush brush. I have also brought one for my sister and she said this is the best brush she has ever used. I cant wait to try the other brushes out by this range.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Xnaomi96x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews I feel like this brush is a hit or miss when purchasing which is really bad on RT's behalf. I however got a good brush and use it a lot for foundation. The bristles are very soft and the brush is easy to clean and dries pretty quick. This brush gives me a even application and I find it a pleasure to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush for applying foundation. It is soft and I have never had any problems with shedding. I have owned mine for a few months and it's been washed several times with zero shedding. Not sure if the reviewers below me got a bad one?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LilyFlowerPink

The bristles of the brush is too hard, and is basically scratching my face! I very much regret buying two sets of RT brushes. I should have just buy one brush to try.
It's such a waste of money. All the raves about RT brushes turn out to be a big lie and disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lolo0310

I'm sorry I had high hopes for this brush since it was highly recommended. But it shed like crazy and I had to throw it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Believe the HYPE .... this is the most perfect buffing brush ever. I purchased the Core Collection just for the buffing brush alone ...... the Core Collection is $17.99, however, I would have paid that amount or even double for the buffing brush alone ..... yes, that is how much I really love the buffing brush ...... I have a few discolorations on my chin and I use a bit of concealer and my buffing brush, and it truly does give you an "airbrushed" quality ...... the buffing brush makes powders and creams go on flawlessly ...... the Core Collection and Real Techniques is a cheap investment for excellent quality brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by AnneSophieP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this brush! I use it every day to apply my foundation. I can't live without it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's time for me to jump on the band wagon with this brush. When these brushes came out, I was a big fan of the Pixiwoo sisters and when I found Sam was putting out a range that were fully synthetic, I had to have it ( especially after finding the umpteenth random black hair on my face). Unfortunately in NZ we rarely get the good stuff, but when we do it's 6 times the price, so it took me a while to track these down, but finally I found them at an excellent price and loaded up on the range. I've been using this particular brush now since 2011-early 2012 and frankly, other than the label rubbing off in a couple of places, it's still looking and performing like new, as are the rest of my RT brushes.

This particular brush has become a major favourite for a few reasons. It's versatile, it cleans super quickly and leaves a skin-like finish. When going away I pack this, the powder brush and the multitasking, maybe a dome brush for eye shadow / concealer. I COULD just get away with this and the mutlitasker, because I can and do, do my entire face with these two most of the time. Foundation, concealer and blush with this, the other for powder. I can even get my brows sorted with this one! For background, I prefer sleep over spending ages doing my face, and as someone who is a main caregiver to a family member or two and also works full time, I have spent a lot of time refining what works for me to get me looking tidy and fresh very, very quickly.

This brush is nice and dense, excellent for liquid and cream products AND mineral powders alike. The only down side to this brush is that because it's so dense it picks up a lot of product when you're using liquid (no problems with cream) and it does get stored away in the dense brush. I mix and match foundations a lot and when I use the brush to mix it sucks the product up something fierce. I suffer from Acne Rosacea so need to make sure I keep the products and tools I use really clean - a day too long and there is bacteria built up (a fact of life on a product that is used wet, not a fault of the brush) and it transfers to my skin and kicks the dreaded process off again. I try and remember to use this to only pick the product up and apply, but sometimes I do just forget and mix with it too. That guarantees me doing a deep clean straight after because of my skin type.

BUT, it cleans so easily, I just use whatever soap or shampoo is handy, wash until clear, then rub off on a clean towel until it's just about dry - only a minute. An hour on the window ledge in a dry room and this thing is BONE dry. My MAC brushes used to take hours (sometimes they wouldn't even be dry the next day). Even better, I am not precious about cleaning this as if it were china, I scrub at it, I get water down the ferrule all the time and since 2011 when I bought this, it's not shed or loosened once. Awesome stuff because I need wash mine a lot because of the above, and can't spot clean because I'm allergic to most forms of alcohol (yay!) and most spot cleaner I've found is just that.

I have now sold or given away all other brand of brushes except these and my few eco tools, because these are just that good. The best bit is they're so cheap. For those of us in NZ, try getting yours on iHerb.com, even with shipping (usually only about $4US) these are cheaper than the Mia and whatever other cheap rubbish brushes we have access to here. I've now bought all the brushes in the range except the duo-fibre (because I have not heard good things about those), as well as their sponge, and along with my eco tools blending brush, that's all I have.

If you were going to get one brush from the range, this should be it. And that's my only complaint - I don't need dupes of all the other brushes in the basics kit - I would love it if you could buy this brush on it's own. While the Kit is still really reasonably priced, it's a waste to buy duplicates that you don't need. This might have changed in the last little while, but I think they do need to separate them out. Until then, and because I think the stand is naff, I give the packaging on this a 2. The over all price and rating is 5 (would give it more if I could).