November 27, 2014 | 1278 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Cololr Sensational Popsticks in Citrus Slice 060 / 120

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm coming to the end of my tube and not so happy, purely because I purchased it in the U.K and it is not available in my country :(. I love the light sheen and hint of colour, and of course the taste! The only downfall is that I keep having to re-apply every hour/half hour or so. Unless I spend 3x more on the shipping fee than I do on the purchase of this product online, I'm going to sadly have to be without this staple. It's just my go-to everyday lipcolour; perfect for my sixth form (we're only allowed discreet makeup) and daytime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

In the US the number is 120 and 060 in Europe. This is a light orange mood-lipstick. The look of these lipsticks was the reason I bought them - they look absolutely amazing!
First, I bought no. 020, Tropical Pink, which turned out too pink for my liking (I have a very light olive skintone and it gave a colour very similar to the stain from The Body Shop). I gave it to my mum, who has slightly more pink skin, and it looks amazing on her. She doesn't like lipsticks at all because she hates to feel them on, but no. 20 gave colour (yes, the European one actually gives some colour) without any feeling of anything on.
Then I thought an orange lipstick would look much better one, and there is two different orange ones where I live. One is really pigmented, and one is quite light. I thought the darker one would come out too dark and bought the lighter one (Citrus Slice)... and there's no orange colour payoff - it's a bright tropical pink...! This may look better when I'm more tan, but right ow my lips just look like I have a cold sore with this colour. I could've rated this better if it at least was moisturizing, but it isn't - I much more prefer other things for moisture. I also have to rub my lips with this SO hard to get any colour.
Maybe his would look better on someone with a neutral or pink undertone of skin, and show up better on less pigmented lips, but it's not for me, although I now want to try out the dark orange one. One positive thing is that the colour of these stains the lips for a really long time, and it's like a lipstain and weak balm in one.