December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Disco Biscuit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great color but I ran into a couple of big problems with this polish. First of all this particular jelly formula take forever to dry if one applies more than two coats and the formula is so thin that one has to do that. Second of all, this polish chips horribly like within 3-4 hours of application.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Great color, horrible formula. It's so gritty & rough! You can get the exact same color with OPI's I'm All Ears (bright fuschia jelly with blue & purple microshimmer), except it will be perfectly smooth & lovely. I love Butter London, I might be their #1 fan, but pass on this shade. I don't know what they were thinking with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Anoia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous neonish pink with blue glitter.

Yes, it's sheer, but that's because it's a jelly. (Glitter polishes tend to be jellys/sheer if coloured, because you need to see the glitter through the polish.)

First time I applied it, it chipped within a day AND stained my nails. The next time I tried a sticky/rubberized base coat (Nfu.Oh Aqua Base) and that did the trick. I use 3 coats and a (fast drying) top coat, since I don't like the matte finish.

Overall I am a bit disapointed with it, since I expect such an expensive polish not to make any problems, therefore "only" 4/5, however I would buy again, because this is one of my favorites and I can make it work with using a specific base coat.

I like the packaging of Butter London polishes, because they don't waste space.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by angel27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the colors for Butter London. But it chips off the next day. I even used the base and top coat by Butter London hoping it would make a difference. Very disappointed! For the price they charge it should last longer than a day

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by klhelder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first Butter London polish I've purchased and I was not impressed. The color in the bottle is unique and fabulous, but it goes on very sheer and matte, making the gel color meaningless unless you have the time to pile on the coats. I've found that a good base (like OPI Ridge Filler) helps the color pop a bit more, but even after trying a few different top coats it never got as shiny as I would like. The polish also peels off very easily, which is obnoxious when you spent an hour applying it. I've gone through the process three times, hoping it would grow on me, but each time its just, "Meh, sad face."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Adore this polish! The color is gorgeous and I like the jelly with glitter thing, I usually use this polish for a "jelly sandwich" manicure. Great formula and application like most BL polishes. I'd rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by KimmerTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous color but oh what a pain to apply. It goes on VERY sheer. If you want it to be fully opaque, you need 3 coats minimum. A professional could do it in 3; I had to apply 4 to fix the uneveness.

It also dries matte so a top coat is a must. Dries quickly though so after applying Seche Vite over 3 coats, I was ready to go to bed in 45 mins or less.

When I went to apply the 4th coat, the polish had gotten a bit goey and gummy but it's still OK for continued use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by turtlebug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm now up to 32 Butter London colors, not including base and top coats, remover and such. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Butter London but Disco Biscuits is a huge letdown for me. I have tried three times to use it and it WILL NOT DRY, even with the speed drying top coat. I'm so disappointed because this is the first of all my colors that I can't get to work. Last night, I added a little Seche Restore thinking that might do the trick but I swear it made it worse. I spent two hours on three coats and then a top coat but when I just barely touched my nail to test the dryness, every layer just smudged itself into a huge mess.

It's an absolutely BEAUTIFUL color and on the nail it's even more awesome, but I'm gonna have to give this one away or something cause for me it's a giant FAIL. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by JanaFae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Disco Biscuit for my best friend, and she asked me to test it out before I mailed it to her. It's a GORGEOUS hot pink pink with irridescent sparkles that lean toward a bluey lavender tinge. I used two coats, and it was lovely, then added a couple more to see how it built up and after those coats and Sally Hansen's Instant Dry Top Coat, it was even more stunning. I know my friend will love it!

That being said, hot pink doesn't necessarily work on my skin tone. While it was pretty, Disco Biscuit (as well as other hot pinks or really pinky reds in the past) tends to make my light olive skin cast a bit yellowy. Since my friend is a bt paler than me with a pinker undertone to her skin, this should look amazing on her.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really do like this colour of nailpolish and I hadn't seen it anything else like it with other brands, so I decided to purchase this polish despite the fact I thought the price was a little steep in comparison to some others. Absolutely gorgeous on your nails, it looks fantastic and it's sure to get you a lot of compliments. I wouldn't recommend that you wear it to work or to anything formal because it's generally a very fun, bright colour that's altogether very unique! The only problems I seem to have is with the texture on your nails without a top coat - it's quite gritty because of the fine glitters, but I don't think that should be a problem if you do decide to apply a top coat (which you probably should do anyway.) :-) Overall I'm very impressed and it was exactly the kind of eye catching shade I was searching for.