September 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner - London Baby!

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by JazzyLMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eye liner was alright in my opinion.

The color did not satisfy the dark look i was going for it didn't go on as thick as i wanted and it was very "moving".

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Fleurdesol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Most of Essence products are good and affordable. This liner is great because it is creamy and long lasting, has good packaging (your standard cream eyeliner packaging) and inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Giving this 5/5 because I was tired of my black MAC and wanted to give this a try. This product color was recommended by one of my gf's and I pickd it up and loved it! The product itself is very creamy and so easy to apply. The color is brownish, grayish, purple. I only paid 3.50. This is so affordable you have to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

This is such a pretty colour! Although I bought this a while ago, I noticed some changes in the formulation with the black gel eyeliner (which has begun to flake a lot on me) I don't know if the same thing happens with this one, but it is amazing. Long lasting, colour stays all day, veryy smooth application.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Christinegem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would sooo buy this again because firstly it's way too incredibly cheap to be this good. It's veryy pigmented, incredibly soft and easy to work with. My only complaint is that it may have been too soft in the beginning but it's starts to settle a bit better once it gets a bit older. The product does shrink in the pot once it gets a year old or so which is totally fine considering it's lasted longer than my maybelline gel liner which tried up way faster. Overall, I lovelovelove the staying power cuz it'll last all day like I even swam with it and it didn't budge. Maybe a teeny bit of smudge but it was barely noticeable and I was in the pool for quite some time. But a downside to this is that it has a slight metallic goldish sheen that i don't like. If u like those things then yes 100% get it before it gets sold out again cuz it was always sold out at my shoppers especially the black (midnight in Paris) which is my HG gel liner with the kat vondee tattoo pen liner thingy lol. Btw it's so smooth and is actually not that hard to take off. Just use either eye makeup remover or in my case moisturizer works just fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Did I get a dud? I thought this was such a horrible gel liner. It was not pigmented enough and was too....I don't even know how to describe it...oily/greasy? Regardless of the brush I used I could see my lid underneath the liner, which is just plain irritating. I want my gel liner to be thick and creamy. i didn't see any complexity in the color either. Just a dull brown with some gold shimmer. This went right in the trash can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading rave reviews for the Essence gel liners online I have been searching for a pot in the black shade but can't find it anywhere (it is sold here in Aus in Priceline and Target as far as I know). I found London Baby instead behind a clothing rack (someone's secret stash maybe? ) and took it straight to the counter.
I have recently lightened my hair from a dark reddened blonde to a lighter golden blonde and blacks were starting to look a little harsh.
Lo and behold, Lobdon Baby still provides me with dark enough, taupe with purple and bronze tones and micro glitter to leave me with the drama I want for a day or night cat eye wing.

This wore all day for me from breakfast until after dinner. It is also smudge proof but comes off easily enough with an oil based remover.

Essence is fast becoming my favourite low end priceline brand, given the high quality and such low price of all of their products.

If someone can tell me where else stocks Essence other than Priceline and Target via message I would be so thrilled!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is as lovely as the black formula

Price: $5 CAD
Colour: blackened bronzy brown
Finish: creme
Pigmentation: opaque

The Midnight in Paris is already my fave gel liner ever and this is nice if you want a more natural definition :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

HG gel eyeliner! I've been using this for around 9 months now, and I love it so much! It is so affordable ($5.95 AUD, which is cheap in Australia), it is a true jet - black, very pigmented, creamy and most importantly, it doesn't (and barely) smudges! Packaging is gorgeous, the product is housed in a cute little glass jar, though the labeling at the top may throw people off because it looks a little childish - but don't let it fool you, because this is a great long-lasting smudgeproof product! I've also tested to see if it's waterproof, and YES, it is! Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by marikoulmk

Very nice color in a jar. Easy to aply and stays on .
Enough quantity.