September 19, 2014 | 1005 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Loaded

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is amazing, it came in my b.o.s. 3! I love to pair it with kush, money, and protest! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic eye shadow.

The velvet soft powder finish is slightly shiny with a satin touch. NOt glittery. Love it. It looks phenominal on brown eyes. Blends wonderfully to create a dramatic look or day time subtle for work. This shadow lasts easily 12 hours. Probably longer but I wash it off before bed. The pigment is such that you can use a light touch or go heavy. I actually wet my eyeshadow brush and find it blends beautifully. You can put this on dry or wet it works. I am told that the primer makes it last even longer or for those girls with oily lids. This stuff is so great, I do not need a primer! Crease issues? None at all. I found it to be soft and did not crease on my deeply hooded lids and boy did it last. Truly Lasts....

Oh I must tell you I even use this as a liner. I dip my liner brush in water and then into the pigment and it paints like a liner. Works wonderfully.

Other beautiful blue green shades....Swimming pool, Hijack, Mermaid blue....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

Oh, UD. You and your tricky eyeshadows. I gave Loaded four points (for when its used over primer), thanks in no small part to how interesting this shadow is. It doesnt look that interesting in the pan, no. And when it goes on, it just looks like a boring old black with almost invisible green shimmer. However, the color develops slowly over the hours, until it is completely, undeniably green. It was kind of magical!

But I'm sure there are tons of people who aren't amused by slowly-appearing shadows, and would prefer the color to be true right from the get-go. Loaded isn't for those people. However, if you enjoy the change or are indifferent, the wear with primer is phenomenal (pleasing wear for up to 12 hours). I had no issues with dryness, powdery-ness, or fallout. It went on smoothly and was easy to blend.

(read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color. Totally unique. A beautiful deep emerald. I took one lippie off because I find the new formula doesn't stick as well to my lid (if that makes sense). Harder to really layer it on. The metallic seems to move around, even over top a primer. Otherwise, love the color, love Urban Decay!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this shadow in the Book of Shadows Vol.3, which isn't the newly reformulated shadow but even this formula is excellent! I am so glad that UD has now made this shadow available individually, so others (who missed BOS 3 or who don't like to spend on a whole palette for the sake of one or two shadows) can experience it.

I initially wanted Loaded because I'd read it was a good dupe for the darker side of the NARS Rajasthan duo (which I'm not able to get near me). So I ended up splashing out for the entire palette (which wasn't such a bad expenditure in the long run!). Loaded is a deep, sort of dark-based green shadow that leans slightly toward the cooler/bluer side of green. It is STUNNING, whether used for a smokey eye or just for a "zap" of drama (lining the upper and lower lashes or in the outer corner). Even the old formula applies smoothly and delivers good, even pigmentation so if the new formula is even better, well that is bonus for any of you who will be buying this beauty on its own.

Definitely a "repurchase-worthy" product and now that it can be purchased on its own, so much the better!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a stunning dark teal eyeshadow that is like nothing else I own. It is also my first Urban Decay shadow and I not only love the color but the texture and blend-ability. I went in to Ulta thinking I would try UD in a neutral like mushroom but hen I saw this I knew I needed to step out of my comfort zone. It goes on wonderfully dry and I also wet a liner brush and use it as an eyeliner. I will definitely be buying more UD shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by vixxin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Loaded is one of the new formula UD shadows, and it is such a beautiful and unique color. It is described as "deep metallic emerald", which is pretty accurate, but there's some blue in there too. I'd call it more "metallic emerald peacock". It's very dark, but not simply a black with green shimmer. It's a color all its own. Does not look charcoal when applied, like I've found many dark shadows do. I usually use it as a liner, but it really shows its beauty in a bold application all over the lid. So pretty, and so much better than any flat black or brown smokey eye. The formula applies so smoothly and pigmented. I applied it dry all over the lid, and it looked like a wet application. Wore all night with no creasing. I have so many e/s, so a color really has to blow me away and be truly interesting for me the consider it "unique". I like the new, sleeker UD packaging also. Buy this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No