September 1, 2014 | 1129 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure about all of the negative reviews because I'm digging this little baby. I've been using this to apply my mineral foundation and I've been having stellar results. Now, I will say that I don't use mineral foundation all over my entire face on a daily basis. I mostly use a stick foundation to cover my flaws and I've been using the Studio Pointed Foundation Brush first.

Then, I use this small mineral brush to place mineral foundation over areas of my skin that need additional coverage. Works like a charm for me. I haven't had any problems with at all. I've stopped purchasing expensive, department store brushes as soon as I discovered e.l.f Studio and Ecotools. e.l.f. Studio brushes are basically disposable and I love that I can replace them every six months. I don't care how many time you clean your makeup brushes, they're a haven for bacteria. I love the fact these babies get thrown away two to three times a year...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Nice brush dense, soft etc. I just can't find a use for it. The domed shape and small size just doesn't work. Thank you to the person who put the picture of the brush next to the quarter btw.
It's about the size of the small stipple brush and is too domed for applying foundation or cream blush.
It's too big for around my eyes and too small to use as a blush, contour or bronzer brush. I have brushes for all these applications and this one is just not getting along with the others!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Marianaburgos

Use it as foundation brush and I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- very soft
- multiple uses
- doesn't shed or bleed

CONS

- handle broke off

COMMENTS: So, the handle broke off before I even got to use it. I'm not surprised because I have this issue with most of my ELF brushes. It's an easy fix, but still worth mentioning. The brushes themselves are great quality and incredibly soft. Due to its small size, I love using this to set my under eye. It also works great to contour the hollows of the cheeks, highlight, and even works beautifully with liquid foundation.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I love to use this brush to set my under eye concealer. It is the perfect size for precision powdering and it's dense enough to apply the perfect amount of powder. I think this would be good for contouring also! The bristles are very soft and there is not shedding whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I really like this brush, and I use it almost daily for target powder application around the eye and the t-zone. It is really soft and does not shed. It's great somewhat dense and a little fluffy. It works well with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by XxShadowEyesxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is very soft and easy to work with. It picks up powder or and applies very well on your skin. I'm pretty sure this brush is only 3$. I use this when I apply powder and it doesn't hold product deep in the bristles, so it doesn't waste any. The packaging is a very sleek simple design. I recommend this brush to anyone who doesn't want to spend a crazy amount of money on a brush that is just as good as this. I absolutely love it and I use it every day :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference, this is the size of the ELF Small Stippling Brush. In terms of design it's not too dissimilar from the MAC 109 brush, except that it is less dense, and because the bristles are not natural, they don't fray out as much forming that nice flat top on the MAC.
If you want a fluffy brush that is dense but smaller than the Complexion Brush, I would suggest going for the Angled Blush Brush instead. This one is good. That one is Great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite face brushes because it is so versatile. It's a medium-sized dome-shaped brush (Click CONTINUE to see size comparison). Great for powder foundation and finishing powders, but the size also makes it good for more precise areas, like the cheeks. It's nice for getting into those areas that other giant face brushes can't, like around the nose. I use this brush for applying mineral makeup, finishing powders, blush, powder highlighter and contour colors.

Very soft bristles. It's easy to clean and the bristles don't bleed when washed. It maintains its shape very well, and it does not shed. Looks great for a $3 brush -- nice sleek black handle.

I highly recommend this brush. It's great for a lot of different uses. I might just have to buy another one since I use it so much. Excellent bargain.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a tiny powder brush which i use for contouring or blush. its incredibly soft. im really pleased with this one.