July 29, 2014 | 1933 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Widu Bubniga Wood Nylon and Wild Boar Bristle Brush

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a brush similar to the Mason Pearson mixed bristle brush. I thought this was a good alternative because it was much cheaper and I believe this is an "environmentally friendly" company.

At first I thought this brush worked great, so great that I wanted a travel size one to bring with me everywhere. Widu does not offer a travel size of the mixed bristle brush, so I shelled out more money to purchase a Mason Pearson pocket sized mixed bristle brush. Which I will compare in a bit.

First, let me talk about why I liked the Widu brush. I have thick hair, shoulder length, straight Asian hair that sheds a lot. I have a ton a little baby hairs growing at the crow of my head that stick up...which makes me look frazzled. Prior to purchasing this brush I only combed my hair right after the shower. This brush really smoothed out my hair. Took care of the baby fly-aways and I looked more polished.

Then I received my pocket sized Mason Pearson...this is when I discovered what I didn't like about the Widu brush.
The Mason Pearson bristles has more space between the bristles and the Nylon bristle were rounded. The boar bristle were, broad, blunt, and scant. The Widu brush is more densely packed, the boar bristles were skinny and pokey, and the the Nylon tufts with cut bluntly.

The bristles of the Widu brush hurt my sensitive scalp after a few strokes, whereas the Mason Pearson felt good against my scalp and felt more soothing.

I will still use both brushes, but I think I would have invested in the larger size Mason Pearson had I had known I was going to like it more overall.

I would still recommend the Widu brush if you're looking for a brush comparable to the Mason Pearson, and if you don't have a sensitive scalp.