September 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Loose Powders - Dan Read Finest Setting Powder Light Olive

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ladydog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this loose powder when I purchased the Dan Read foundation, (see separate review) and this is just what I have been looking for. I always set my foundation with loose powder because my face is oily but the powders I've tried lately haven't worked. I've tried KGD, L'Oreal, MN, MAC and more in last couple of years. Most had that "luminous" glow that makes some skin look so glowy and beautiful, but makes mine look even oilier than it is and shows every pore. The ones that were matte were too matte and made me look chalky and felt uncomfortable on.

Dan Read's is just perfect for my needs. It is matte but finally milled and feels like nothing on my skin. It sets my foundation for hours and there is no glow and my pores appear smaller. The light olive is for pale to medium skin (I don't know why it's called light olive, it is pink-tinged but adds no color.) There is also a powder for darker skin tones.
I also love the shaker bottle is comes in. I sprinkle some on a big puff, rub the powder in the puff, and then press and roll over my face. I wait about 3-5 minutes then brush off any extra with a kabuki brush.

It's $21.50 at Dan Read's website and if you are looking for a loose powder without luminosity that looks beautifully natural on your face, I recommend you give this a try. Definitely a high quality product.