July 31, 2014 | 1955 users online

Self Tanners - Nature's Gate - Glow Lotion-Medium Skin Tones

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing. It's not as perfect as my HG LORAC self tanner, but dang, it comes close and costs half as much for twice the amount of product. I am very very fair and this works more like a true self-tanner on me, rather than a gradual lotion-y type product. It can get a little streaky since it's so emollient so I use it with a mitt, just like any other straight-up self tanner. Other than that, it's perfection. And barely any smell, at least, way less than most others I've tried. It also isn't tinted so it doesn't get all over white sheets if you put it on before bedtime. For $11.99 at Whole Foods, you can't beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by SanJoseGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use self tanners from department stores but I decided to give this "drugstore" brand a try based on a review I read somewhere. Overall, I wasn't really impressed. It smelled pretty good, which I like. But the color just wasn't that great. It was splotchy and didn't last very long. I know it's a "gradual" tanner, but the accumulated color I got after a few days of use left a lot to be desired. It might just be my skin tone but this one didn't work out for me :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by roflol123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ho-ly crap. Holy crap. This stuff is bomb! I have been trying to find a self tanner that works perfect for me for about a year, maybe year and a half and my search is most definitely over! I apply this with gloves, because otherwise it turns my palms orange. For being a gradual self tanner, this totally blew me away. I noticed a difference in my skin tone within the first day I tried it! The more you apply, the darker you get so just keep on slabbing this stuff on an wa-lah. You change your race. I bought mine for $12 at Whole Foods. Oh, and it's waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by ajgloosy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, after reading all the great reviews i decided to buy it , too. The price of this product is amazing and I really liked the smell, it reminded me the smell of a carrot pie, but that's it. No matter how hard i would exfoliate my skin before applying this product, every morning i looked like a dalmantine. And it looks so orange on me. Won't buy this one again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by krissay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OH MY GOD.

This stuff.. OMG. Let me just say, this got me darker than Fake Bake within three uses. Fake Bake refused to tan my arms for some reason.. but this stuff did the job! This gives off a BEAUTIFUL tan.. so natural. It's not an olive tan, nor an orange tan.. it's just tan. Looks amazing. However I DO recommend you use gloves to apply this. My hands are way too dark even when I washed them after applying!

The smell.. Hmm.. It smells like natural citrus mixed with DHA.. which is kinda odd, not pleasant.. I actually prefer the smell of Jergens, which is pretty bad LOL. But you CANNOT beat this deal. You get a lot of product for the price and it will take forever to use up the big pump bottle. It's only 11.99 at Whole Foods!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by brittanykboswell

I just re-discovered this product! I stopped using it for a while because I moved overseas and it was packed for about 4 months. I found it today and decided that mid-January is the perfect time for a tan!

-it is gradual but works within a day or two
-it really is more of a glowy tan (which I like) but it does build up to a pretty dark tan in about a week/5 applications
-does not smell terrible like other self-tanners, but there is a SLIGHT self-tanner smell.
- $12 and available at Target.
- one bottle, applying every other day lasts me a few months at least!

GO GET IT GIRLS, YOU'LL LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I cannot believe how impressive this self-tanner is! I have tried several over the last couple of years since I stopped fake baking (L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Jergens, Bare Escentuals, St. Tropez, you name it). Nothing works like this. My husband hates the smell of DHA and has complained about everything I've used. I even tried Beautisol, which claims not to have a terrible smell. Untrue.

So once again, I started a search for another self-tanning product. I came across this on Amazon and it had great reviews, but not many of them. Usually, I won't buy a product if there are few reviews, but I decided to try it out anyway since the reviews that were there were very positive. So glad I bought this!!

The first day I applied, the color was decent after a couple of hours. I put it on again the next day and WHOA!!! Nice dark color! My sis-in-law said she needed to find a good tanner and I pointed to my arms and said she should try this stuff. She was amazed that it was self-tanner and not a natural tan. I like to maintain that level of color so I apply every other day. I've had this 16 oz. bottle ($12.99 w/Prime) for about 6 weeks and I'm about half-way through it.

My husband says he can still smell a bit of a lingering DHA scent when he gets really close to me, but I try to use some Victoria's Secret body spray after I apply, and it seems to do a good job of masking whatever minuscule trace of DHA he can pick up.

This doesn't feel sticky for a long time like some other lotion tanners I've used. I do have to give it a few minutes to dry in the morning before I get dressed, though. I like that it's a lotion because it makes my skin feel nice and soft. When I used spray-type tanners I was afraid to use any body lotion for fear it would mess up the tanner. As a result, I got dry alligator skin. It's nice to have smooth, soft skin again.

As far as product staining, I wore a white top at some point after applying this stuff in the morning, and later in the week, after pulling it out of the dryer to fold, I did notice that there was some staining. The top is cotton polyester with a bit of decorative, elastic-type lace around the neckline (don't know what the lace is made of) and the side of the lace that was touching my skin was stained. You couldn't see it from the front looking at me, though, and the rest of the top was fine. I haven't experienced any other staining with this product.

This tanner will turn your hands dark so be sure to wash thoroughly after applying. I always use latex gloves and just rub some over the front and back of my wrists. With other tanners you could almost see a definite line where I had done this, or see white in the creases where my wrist bends (a dead giveaway that I was using self-tanner), but this stuff doesn't do that at all. It seems to kind of naturally blend in and not look funny at all when it transitions to my non-tanned hands.

I don't use this (or any tanning product) on my face because I'm very prone to acne. Instead, I just try to get makeup a shade or two darker to match the rest of my skin.

I am LOVING this tanner!! Totally HG for me!!

---UPDATE: 1/18/14:
After using this product for a while, I noticed I started to get an orange undertone, so I took off one lippie. I have since tried other products and like the Sun Self-Tanning Lotion in Dark better. No orange color. It does leave a bit of discoloration on my clothing, but seems to wash out with no staining.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

WOOOWWW.

I'm impressed. I'm REALLY impressed. I have had a long self-tanning journey, starting from Loreals sublime bronze, to Airbrush Solution, (React, AYU) Jergens, Dove, Malibu Hemp, some Aloe brand, Toma's Tan Perfect, St. Moriz, Coppertones Endless Summer, Neutrogena, Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun, Bain de Soleil, Nivea. Anyways you get the point, the only thing thats missing here are high end stuff, and I am NOT going to buy a bottle of something that costs big $$$ that is going to last me two coats.

I am really suprised this is labeled as a gradual lotion, as the second day, I was really tan! Like Tan as in I applied self tanner. The color is great but is a tinge bright, and it dries pretty well, no streaking, the smell is like a weird citrus and has a low developing odor. I think the % of DHA is super high its listed as the 3rd ingredient, but this stuff is great! No comment on how it fades, I hope it fades great as it is a moisturing tanner.

I think I might have found my HG and $12 for 16 oz (amazon) you can't beat it!