December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Shine Control Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sspinosa

Although there isn't a huge selection of shades to choose from, the natural beige color matches my skin perfectly! For reference, I am about an NC30 in MAC. I am more of a yellow undertone rather than a beige which is what I really need. I'm not sure why they named it natural beige? I like the finish that this makeup gives. It is semi-matte. While putting it on, you will feel a grittyness to it from the rice that is used in the product but it serves as a very nice exfoliator! My skin has actually benefited from the exfoliation from the rice. It stays on for at least 8 hours or more. My skin has not gotten oily from this foundation, so, I cannot relate to what others have said regarding this. I will definately be purchasing this product again in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by taiyatbh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

IT'S GRAINY AND I HATE IT. Applying it practically exfoliates your skin. The shade range sucks. In sure I bought the second lightest shade Classic ivory and I figured it to be very yellow in comparison to the others but only because the others were so PINK! Neutrogena foundations are ALWAYS so pink or orange. It is so drying and hideous.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by oreodewylola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't quite know why everyone thinks this product is so bad. I have pretty oily skin and no makeup I've used before has kept the shine down for more than an hour. This product lived up to it's claims though and my face was reasonably shine free for most of the day. The little bit of oiliness that was there could easily be taken care of with a little bit of blotting or powder though. The bottle design isn't ideal, but it's certainly not a reason to not buy the product. I haven't broken out since using this product, and I'm happy so far. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because it was good, but nothing spectacular. Overall though, I would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by karat94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using this foundation, and so far so good. I see that a lot of you guys aren't liking the graininess of the foundation but I know it's from the rice which absorbs oils so I really don't mind it. I'm pretty shine free for a foundation which usually makes my skin appear extremely greasy. I like that it's not super heavy coverage and it looks very natural on my skin! My only pet peeve is that it rubs off and that always makes me feel like a cake face :( I also prefer a pump for my liquid foundation so this container makes things a bit messier. for a foundation that was on sale at Walgreens for 10 dollars I'm not too upset about my purchase. My recommendation for you ladies that are looking for a light to medium coverage and don't want your make up to rub off would be Almay TLC liquid foundation. I loved it but I have super sensitive skin and had to quit using it :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I don't have "problem" skin as a lot of the reviewers of this seem to have so my review may not be valid, but I really didn't see how this was so horrific. I have medium skin (NC35 MAC and MUFE 128) I going the natural beige shade to blend easily. My skin did stay shine free all day at work and I'm a trainer so I get sweaty as well as oily though out the day. Also, because I don't have acne I didn't use a lot of product which may have some thing to do with why it didn't suck as bad for me. I bought this bc I wanted a less expensive product for everyday wear. My only complaints are that it is super hard to get out of the bottle ( I used a cotton swab) and it contains SPF which cause flashback in pictures. If I want SPF I prefer to apply it seperately . All in all I don't see why this got such bad ratings . I personally think that if your skin is bad, you should bite the bullet and fork out the money to buy a department store brand . But if you have normal skin this is perfectly fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by rachelking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. Didn't do much in terms of shine control unfortunately. It doesn't have a matte finish at all - in fact, I found that my face was shinier when I used this foundation. Ironic. Also, it is a BITCH to get out of the container. The liquid is quite thick, and eventually I had to use a cotton swab to scoop it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Shine Control" my butt! I have acne and oily skin, and this make-up did nothing to help that. I had high hopes for it because Neutrogena is generally acne concious and "shine control" implies it will have oil absorbing properties, but this foundation made me look ill. I have only had it on for 5 hours and I look like I'm not wearing an ounce of foundation - which is a problem, not a "natural/beauty" benefit.

Not only did the lasting power blow, but this was $13 at Walmart! That's pretty pricey for no benefits. Also, it's impossible to shake out of the bottle, leaving you to use your pinky or a q-tip to get any product out. I'm going to give this product a big fat wtf.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by cristinabc

So I bought this thinking it would be good for me because I have super oily skin, and also acne prone. Thinking it would be great, lasting all day and all and it doesn't last long at all! The shine control is just BS!! I get shiny like an hour later and feels like it melts off my skin. And I also think its breaking me out aswell. I wish I could return it but I bought it out of the country. I do not recommend this foundation at all

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg where do I start. I had a bad experience with this from the very beginning. Picking out a color is extremely hard and the closest match was the lightest shade as the others were too dark or too pink. I bought anyway because cvs has a good return policy but this thing was 16 dollars! The only reason I wanted it was because I wanted a foundation without cones. Okay so I go to try this and literally the foundation is so thick it won't come out. But it's a pour bottle! You need like a tool to get this out or a qtip or a scoop or something. Like someone else said it's like putting toothpaste into a jar with a narrow opening. I could get past that, but the formula was horrid. It was so hard to apply, it would not blend, it was grainy like I was putting on an exfoliator or something. It clung to every dry patch that I didn't even know I had! I have severely oily skin normally!!! I tried to blend it some more and take my time but it started balling up and flaking off and getting in my hair! It looked awful. I did not mind the smell, it smelled literally like rice flour. But the formula was so bad and I looked so bad that I immediately had to go wash it off because I could not go to work like that. This is the only makeup I've ever applied in my life that I felt justified washing it off immediately. Worst foundation formula I've ever used and I'm returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by arielise24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high expectations for this product because of the brand. I regret spending 12 dollars on this crappy foundation. It melts off my face in 3 hours! Even with a primer and setting powder it does not last. The coverage is light and it blends in with my skin nicely, but it does not last at all. I like the SPF so I'll probably just use this for the beach when I want something light that I can apply sunscreen over. I do not recommend this product, it is horrible for oily skin.