Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup

2.6

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 3.2%) --- Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Aluminium Stearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ugh. I really don't like this foundation. I used it a few years ago and still remember that weird scrub texture. Yes, it's like wearing a scrub on your face. There are little beads in it and while you can't see them, they feel weird and can be super irritating if you have sensitive skin or existing acne. I found it was downright painful over zits.

Foundation is my one splurge and for oil control I love MUFE Mat Velvet or Estée Lauder Double Wear, but for drugstore there are so many better options than this-Revlon Colorstay is the jam, and LOreal Infalliable 24 Hour Matte Foundation is great too! Don't buy this, it's not worth the price and it's a disappointment. For 12 dollars I would go with Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 or even Rimmel Stay Matte, which is only six bucks. Anything, anything but this. If you must have Neutrogena then do the Healthy Skin Foundation.

This product is a minimum-medium coverage but more minimum than medium. I bought it in classic ivory 10, the color matches really well, however it covers nothing. I have acne prone skin, its oily and dry; this product would be good for oily skin if you don't have acne or acne scars. If you have them I do not recommend this because you can see scars and they look gross. It makes your skin look very sandy. The only positive things about this product it the color and its easy to apply and you don't look oily...you look sandy...as far as oxidation goes I don't know because I haven't had it on long enough to tell, I just had to review it now because it is an awful product. however there are more negative than positives so I will not be using this product again, I'm actually going to return it to the drug store in which I bought.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was an okay foundation. I didn't notice any particularly great shine control properties over any of my others. It is very thick and I had to use a small makeup brush to get it out each time. It was easier than shaking it out. Took me a couple months to use up and I wear foundation daily. Smells a bit strong but it goes away quickly. Wear is a solid medium coverage and it wears about as well as my others. Overall, it's a middle of the road foundation. It didn't offend me nor wow me so much I'm running back to buy more. It is a bit expensive for drug store, in my opinion, but there are the sales and coupons that help.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was hoping this product would control shine, and, on the plus side, it did a little better than other drugstore options. But the shine still appeared halfway through the day, and then makeup started to settle into lines, just like many cheaper foundations. The color options were good, very neutral, not too orangey or peachy. But any good aspects weren't enough to offset the grainy texture of this liquid and the terrible packaging. The liquid is almost like an exfoliating liquid and it feels very strange if you apply it with your fingers (although the graininess is only felt, you don't see it on your face.) The opening of the bottle is very small, and the liquid is somewhat thick, so you can only get a tiny bit at a time, which makes application a pain. Because of the grainy texture, I doubt a pump would work, but a large bottle opening would be a big help.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I have just purchased this product and I am currently testing it to see how it compares to my all time favorite foundation, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H. I am 110 Ivoire C in the Lancome foundation and I selected the lightest shade, classic ivory (10), in the Neutrogena Shine Control foundation. I feel like the Neutrogena foundation has a bit more of a yellow tint to it than my Lancome, but I like the color. It looks quite nice against my pale skin. I applied 1 layer of the foundation with a real techniques stippling brush and it blended into my skin very easily and gave a good medium to full coverage. I do have hyperpigmentation and acne to cover and this covered most of it. I just used a little concealer on top of this in a couple spots around my nose and mouth and finished it off with a setting powder. I really like the look of this foundation upon application. It feels light weight (even though the product itself is pretty thick) and leaves you with a flawless matte finish. It does not look cakey, and I don't feel a grainy texture with the formula like some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It also does not have a scent to it. I'm interested to see how this holds up and whether it will break me out since I have very oily skin. (I'll do an update shortly!) So far I am very pleased with the outcome and the only negative comment I have about this product is the bottle it comes in - it would be great if there was a pump!
UPDATE: After 4 hours in 75 degree weather, my foundation still provides full coverage and is just starting to look dewy. It does not look overly oily but just like a healthy glow.
UPDATE: After 12 hours of wear, I only had to powder my face once. I do look pretty oily across my cheeks and on my nose this evening, but overall I'd say this is a pretty good drugstore foundation. It has medium to full coverage, and the finish is nice upon application. I really like the color and feel. It is super light weight even though the formula is a thick consistency. Gives a flawless look for about $12.

Overall:
PROS:
-this shade has a yellow/golden tone that looks nice on the skin
-lightweight
-gorgeous upon initial application
-blends into the skin well
-no fragrance
-no skin irritation
-medium to full coverage

CONS
-product is thick and takes a long time to come out of the bottle
-doesn't always set completely (I was able to touch my face and wipe off some makeup the whole day)
-did look a bit oily after 12 hours

Pro's:

- Definitely mattifies and helps shine control
- Good color payoff
- Fantastic price
- Easy on skin
- Smells great
- Blends well

Con's:

- Wears off quickly

Overall:

I like this product for the most part. It does what is claims to do and the color is beautiful. It also blends like a dream. Unfortunately, it wears off within three hours of a normal day for me. Even after using a primer and setting with with powder, it still fades and by the end of the day, my redness shows through.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is fantastic makeup. You only need a tiny bit. It does what it says. It controls shines (I top with a powder). Has great coverage and lasts for hours.

I thought this was going to be a really good foundation since it is from Neutrogena, but I was wrong. First of all I could not even get the foundation out of the bottle so I had to use my pinky finger to apply it to my face. When I put it on my face it was really hard for me to blend it in. It is really thick. It sticks to every single dry spot on my face. I hate it and I will never boy it again. Very disappointed. Not recommended.

Although there isn't a huge selection of shades to choose from, the natural beige color matches my skin perfectly! For reference, I am about an NC30 in MAC. I am more of a yellow undertone rather than a beige which is what I really need. I'm not sure why they named it natural beige? I like the finish that this makeup gives. It is semi-matte. While putting it on, you will feel a grittyness to it from the rice that is used in the product but it serves as a very nice exfoliator! My skin has actually benefited from the exfoliation from the rice. It stays on for at least 8 hours or more. My skin has not gotten oily from this foundation, so, I cannot relate to what others have said regarding this. I will definately be purchasing this product again in the future.

IT'S GRAINY AND I HATE IT. Applying it practically exfoliates your skin. The shade range sucks. In sure I bought the second lightest shade Classic ivory and I figured it to be very yellow in comparison to the others but only because the others were so PINK! Neutrogena foundations are ALWAYS so pink or orange. It is so drying and hideous.