October 25, 2014 | 1769 users online

Treatments (Face) - Christian Dior - Hydra Life Serum Sorbet Hydratation Jeunesse

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueen333

I really liked this product. The only problem was that it included alcohol as one of the first three ingredients. I found it made my skin tight after I applied the serum. This was corrected after I applied a moisturizer. Allover, I did not end up purchasing this product because of the alcohol and tight feeling. I read that alcohol is a temporary fix for skin and it causes more damage in the long run. I am still in search of my perfect serum.

The good news is, this product did not cause my combination (normal and oily) sensitive dehydrated skin to break out. In my books that is worth something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

I didn't think of getting any CD products mainly cause I'm just 19 and the prices are quite high in Singapore. However, recently my cheeks (cloer to my nose area) have been very dry, red and the peeling is very obvious. I decided to drop in at Isetan and was approached by the CD SA. I asked what would suit me. She suggested the CD nude bb cream too. So she removed my makeup and apply this serum over my bare skin so the makeup will glide better with the moisture from the serum. Initially it burned which alarmed me (at the red peeling area). However when she applied it alone with the bb cream, the redness and peeling is much less visible! I love how it comes with a pump:-) I got a free sample with a purchase of their nude bb cream. (HURRAY THE BB CREAM COST $68 BTW) Oh and the serum costs $130+ SGD:-( The SA mentioned to me how the serum would last about 2-3 monts.... So I'm still considering:-( But if you have the cash? Get it :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by alexandra8282

I'm in love! This cream deeply hydrates my skin and leaves me with a dewy glow. It's velvety smooth and smells wonderful. I did my research and found out that all Dior's products are free of parabens. That puts my mind at ease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This serum is very good as an hydrating treatment. I received this as a sample with the eye cream (it came in a set). It smells good, no breakouts, it hydrates my skin and it doesn´t my skin an oil slick (I have combo-acne prone-sensitive skin and when i started used this my skin was very dehydrated due acne treatments). I purchased a full size bottle (the little bottle with the set lasts me about a month with amazing results). Now my skin is very smooth and glowing. I use this in conjuntion with the eye cream and the cream sorbet with very good results. I NEVER knew what does people do to make their skin glow, now, with these dior products i know, because my skin is not ashy, even with no makeup, and when use my make up, the soft glow shows even with the most matte foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I have very oily skin and I'm just getting off Proactiv after many years on it, and many more attempts to get off it. The SA said I have some premature fine lines for my age so I thought I'd try this serum to counteract the damage benzol peroxide has done on my skin. I have to say so far I really like this product. Absorbs quickly since its almost the consistency of water, little to no smell (for me this is a good thing), 2 pumps does my whole face, neck, and d�collet�, and my skin is luminous for hours after. My redness has also calmed down since using it. One minor downside is the way my face feels kinda sticky after I put it on, but this goes away once I put a moisturizer on top. Overall not a perfect product, but definitely close to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Christian Dior Hydra Life Serum Sorbet Hydratation Jeunesse Youth Essential Concentrated Sorbet Essence as a GWP (Sample) from Sephora.
This product is meant to be applied before one applies one's moisturizer in order to enhance it's effectiveness. And I am sure that it does just that. It's a nice product. However; it's essential ingredient is glycerin, which works well, temporarily plumps the skin and seals moisture in well. It's also an ingredient that is very cheap and can be found by itself in many homeopathic stores for about $3 - $5 a bottle for 2 fluid ounces. The ingredient that Dior uses to bind this is Alcohol (actually listed as the second ingredient following water, glycerin is third).
Now these are all good ingredients (well alcohol is drying, I don't use it to cut my natural glycerin). BUT, you don't have to pay high end Christian Dior prices in order to get these products.
In fact, I often get the same effect by taking natural glycerin and a drop of rose water, rubbing it between (clean of course) palms and using this on my face and neck before using my usual moisturizer. This enhances the moisturizer when my really dry skin is acting up, keeps my skin more smooth and dewey for hours and does NOT cost me an additional $60 a bottle.
So, I recommend that you save yourself $60 a bottle and get a $3 bottle of glycerin and $5 bottle of rosewater at your local natural healthcare or homeopathic or farmacia store. Mix a little glycerin with a few drops rosewater and rub between your palms. Now use this on your face.
You have the same product as Christian Dior's Hydra Life Serum Sorbet, minus the drying Alcohol and minus the cost.