April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Conditioner - Alterna - Bamboo Abundant Volume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on the receiving end of genetically miserable hair. I have very fine, long, graying hair that has dry ends regardless how often I trim or condition them. I use Bamboo moisturizing shampoo as a partner to this conditioner. I love the shampoo and believe I love this conditioner as well. I apply this to my ponytail, clip the end up and shower while this goes to work. This isn't thick or greasy, in fact, I was convinced this was useless until my hair dried. That said, the only thing I really dislike about this is the overt scent. Why oh why does it have to be so cloying? The shampoo doesn't reek. One lippie removed for the odor. Once rinsed and dried (I air dry my hair to limit more damage) my hair is very bouncy, shiny and really full. My ends currently need trimming but this has tamed them nicely. I have finally found a volumizing conditioner that works without making my hair a stringy mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mcperry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried so many volumizing hair products, and this is the first I'm going to reorder again and again. I have fine limp hair that gets oily quickly, and this conditioner is a dream. Definitely plumps it up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fifi_kitten

i hate this conditioner as much as i hate the shampoo. it's supposed to provide volume, but doesn't at all. and as for conditioning, it's lacking as well. it provides neither moisture nor detangling. i could have just as easily skipped using a conditioner and would have ended up with the same results. it's pretty much useless. and it's expensive (WAY overpriced).

the smell is similar to the shampoo...kind of masculine and cologne-ish. it doesn't last in your hair, but it may be a bit strong while you're applying if you're sensitive to smells.

and as for the packaging, it's the same as the shampoo. i love it. but overall this conditioner is as terrible as the matching shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by cheljo01

I posted this on the shampoo, but it applies here too :)

After switching shampoo and realizing the old one was just knotting my hair and making it fall out, i knew i had to do something. My husband is in the military and we just moved to Tennessee...if you have ever been in this situation, then you know it is extremely difficult to find a good salon! Anyways, i have noticed a lot of salons around here using Alterna (found out on their websites.) So, as I'm trying to take better care of my hair and notice this is natural/organic, I figured i had to try it. I found it on eBay for cheaper than normal. (oh, btw, my hair is very damaged from dying it and very thin/fine....also, naturally curly/wavy.) It was pretty expensive for my taste, but considering this other shampoo (which is from a good company) was just knotting up my hair like a birds nest, i was getting frustrated to the core! Got this stuff in the mail the other day, used it yesterday and OMG! SUCH a 180* compared to before!! It didn't even use my leave-in conditioner and my hair was amazing!! I usually have my husband touch my hair after i try something new and he's like "yeah, it's ok.." but yesterday, he loved how soft and silky it was!! Definitely going to stick with Alterna. FINALLY found something worth sticking with!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful conditioner which really seems to treat and feed the ends if my hair ...rather than coat it in slip. Beautiful smell....have used with the Bamboo Kendi oil-a few drops added, which gave an extra boost. The lid is poor....you have to really get some arm action into flicking the bottle down to squeeze product out...I leave this standing upside down as a result...pump would have been much better . Only complaint a about this product though:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Alterna Bamboo Abundant Volume Conditioner for a number of reasons. I'll hit the most important one first. It gave my hair great weightless volume. I don't blow dry my hiar so I applied this conditioner to my damp hair after shampooing and combed my hair into the style that I wanted. Once my hair dried, it had great weightless volume, was not frizzy and had a nice healthy shine to it. Since my hair is color treated and high lighted and tends towards dryness, these are all important points and just what I am looking for in a conditioner. That and it helped me maintain my low maintenance hairstyle but gave it a more high maitenance look. Which is what makes this conditioner worth the $18 - $20 a bottle that it retails for.
And, of course, this is one of those wonderful, eco friendly products from Alterna. Please see the description below, courtesy of Alterna:

Alterna BAMBOO Volume Abundant Volume Conditioner

8.5oz

$20.00
description for Alterna BAMBOO Volume Abundant Volume Conditioner

BAMBOO Volume Abundant Volume Conditioner combines strengthening pure organic Bamboo Extract and stimulating, phyto-nutrient rich organic Maca root in a paraben and sodium chloride free conditioner that energizes hair with weightless moisture and volume boosting vital nutrients for a fresh, full-bodied look. Because great hair should be sustainable.

Benefits:
•Infuses hair with weightless moisture and vital nutrients to amplify volume and healthy shine.
•Makes hair look fuller and feel stronger.
•Protein-binding amino-acids penetrate the hair shaft to naturally rebuild and thicken it.
•Provides fullness, thickness and lift to even the finest hair types.
•Protects color with Color Hold technology.
•Contains eco-certified ingredients grown responsibly and ethically traded. FREE OF sulfates, sodium chloride, parabens, gluten, TEA, phthalates