August 1, 2014 | 1824 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Seductively Straight

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been curious to try the Herbal essences line since it got reformulated in the UK, so decided to go for the Seductively Straight range as it appeared to best fit my needs. I have mid-length, highlighted hair, that is fine, a little damaged, and that I straighten a lot. All products in the range are formulated with pink lily and Asian silk, which are supposed to help smooth and straighten dry/damaged hair.

The shampoo itself is opaque and pink, and lathers up well. It has a nice, light, floral scent, that isn't overpowering, and can still be smelt vaguely once my hair is dry. Upon rinsing, my hair feels clean and fairly silky, and I have always followed the shampoo with the matching conditioner.

When I air dry my hair using this shampoo and conditioner, it definitely leaves it straighter than the usual haystack-like hair I usually have. It's not pin-straight though, and would need going over with a flat iron to finish it off. When I blow dry and straighten afterwards, it is easier to pull the flat iron through my hair.

The main problem I have found with this shampoo, is that if I use it every time I wash, by about the third wash, my hair starts to feel like it has some build up when it is dry. If I alternate it with other shampoos, or just use it once in a while, it leaves my hair nice and silky without any build up-y feeling.

The other problem I have found with it, is that it does not help to control frizz. Although frizz isn't a daily problem for me, my hair does get very poufy in humid weather, and one day, after washing my hair with this shampoo, I went out for a short walk, and could feel my hair getting bigger and frizzier with each step, so I would not use this in humid weather again.

I don't think this is a completely terrible product, it is probably just not right for my hair type and would be better for someone with thicker hair. I am unlikely to re-purchase this, and will be trying out new shampoos and conditioners instead.