Clinique Superdefense Eye Cream spf 20

3.1

Active ingredients:Titanium Dioxide5.6% Zinc oxide 3.8%

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on my second tube. I was looking for a light moisturizer with SPF and this provides that, and more. My under-eye area are looks brighter after application, perhaps due to the fact that this is a physical sunscreen. I was not looking for something to hide under-eye circles.

on 1/14/2015 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I have to say this is better than I expected. I received this as a sample and it has been great for me. I have VERY sensitive skin and eyes and have had no problem with this product...I have also found that my eye shadow and liner stay on better and longer, this acts very much like a primer. I use it over my moisturizer and I think those that don't like it is because they are looking for it to moisturize and it doesn't, it protects....I am a big fan of Clinique and have learned how to use one product with another....each product has special properties and if used in combination with another product you will have great skin as a result. Most if not all of Clinique is expensive, but it is the BEST line of products that I have found for sensitive skin. I would recommend this for all skin types.....

on 12/19/2014 2:16:00 PM

I have thin, delicate skin under my eyes and have worn sun screen everyday for the past 15 years, but don't put it under my eyes. Everything is always too thick for the eye area so I have depended on big glasses and big hats. After using this for a month I wouldn't be without it. It is light enough to apply without pulling at my under eye area. I also put it on my upper eye area (brows too). iving in Florida at the beach, sun protection is a must for my very Irish skin. I also like that it's moisturizing, has no fragrance and the spf 20 is a must. I highly recommend this and I bought some as a stocking stuffer gift for my sister.

on 11/22/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this. It moisturizes my skin and brightens the area all around my eyes. I bought it for the SPF, which has never irritated my skin or my eyes, and it does not give me milia, so I think this cream is perfect.

on 11/20/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very negative reviews on this, but I had to give it a try--there are so few treatment/sunscreen products for the eye, especially with only physical sunblock, and Clinique has done such a great job defending the rest of my face for such a long time. Just using my trifecta of C serum, Clinique City Block Sheer 25 and a tinted moisturizer, my face had less color at the end of the summer than my chest and neck, despite SLATHERING on Banana Boat Sport 100 every day (seriously, went through three bottles of it just on those areas). City Block is an absolute daily non-negotiable essential for me. So now I have something from a company I trust to use to protect my eyes besides sunglasses. I had been using the City Block on and off on the eyelid, but it interfered with shadow application. This is much sheerer, and lighter, and does not migrate (which is why I think some find it not very moisturizing), and goes a little way towards masking the veins in my lids and brightening the area. Shadows apply almost normally, and I can still get the sheer, skin-like application I like. What appeals to me about this is that it is a treatment, not just a sunscreen, so I think the results will be gradual and cumulative. For now I'm happy to have the sun protection!

on 9/4/2014 5:42:00 AM

Bought this product after being told that it would work wonders on the dark shadows under the eyes and hydrate them/reduce wrinkles in the process. Nope. It does brighten the eyes slightly, but the cream is so white that on my olive skin it was really noticable. Did absolutely nothing to hydrate or reduce wrinkles. Stung my eyes occasionally and also had dry spells under my eyes. Not worth the price and would not buy again. I will continue to search for the 'wonder cream'...

on 7/28/2014 12:17:00 PM

This is a hard one to review and I can see why some don't like it. It's not an eye cream that's going to moisturise , fade dark circles or enhance the appearance of skin.It's a protector, not a treatment. But what it IS is a brilliant sunscreen with zinc oxide an excellent UVA blocker. I use this on no make up days when I want to reapply around eyes , around mouth and on the "elevenses". It's super for that.This is rich in antioxidants and it comes in a tube. The way I use it it will last me for ever so I don't mind the cost. It's slightly tinted, but no, it won't hide dark circles.But if you're after a good eye cream with spf(and they're hard to find) try this. Like I say it won't moisturise, but you can apply over moisturiser with spf.Physical SS so no irritation . I can't tolerate chemical SS around eyes.All sunscreen addicts , and we all should be , consider this as it really is a gem.I wouldn't be without it now! It DOES have it's uses.This is rated best on PC website and I understand this

Do not waste your time. It doesn't do anything it claims to.

on 6/10/2013 2:37:00 PM

I was so excited to try this eye cream. I am a big Clinique fan as I have very sensitive skin. Their all about eyes eye cream is one of my favourites and I thought I would love this one as well and it would be perfect for daytime with the spf. Well I was disappointed.

The first two days everything felt fine but on day 3 it left red dry patches around my eye area that were very itchy and also my eyes felt irritated (tearing,itchy, also felt dry). I have tried to make it work with this eye cream but I have the same results each time. A big no no for me.

The packaging is great though. I wish they would put all their eye creams in a tube.

on 2/3/2013 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i got a fairly large sample of this at my local beauty counter about a month ago. it's not empty yet but i used it for about two weeks almost every morning and some nights. the brightening effect on the skin is great and it's quite moisturizing too. unfortunately it irritates my eyes, makes them red and puffy and feeling really itchy. couldn't find the ingredients anywhere but i'm guessing they use titanium dioxide for the pearlescent effect. ladies with sensitive skin should really watch out for this ingredient as it's one of the biggest irritants out there. not trying to bash on the product/company but i'm confused as to why a company claiming to be so big on testing would use titanium dioxide... i recommend anyone who wants this: try it first, and if it works for you, you're lucky! definitely not for me though