November 27, 2014 | 1009 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Superdefense Eye Cream spf 20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this. It moisturizes my skin and brightens the area all around my eyes. I bought it for the SPF, which has never irritated my skin or my eyes, and it does not give me milia, so I think this cream is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very negative reviews on this, but I had to give it a try--there are so few treatment/sunscreen products for the eye, especially with only physical sunblock, and Clinique has done such a great job defending the rest of my face for such a long time. Just using my trifecta of C serum, Clinique City Block Sheer 25 and a tinted moisturizer, my face had less color at the end of the summer than my chest and neck, despite SLATHERING on Banana Boat Sport 100 every day (seriously, went through three bottles of it just on those areas). City Block is an absolute daily non-negotiable essential for me. So now I have something from a company I trust to use to protect my eyes besides sunglasses. I had been using the City Block on and off on the eyelid, but it interfered with shadow application. This is much sheerer, and lighter, and does not migrate (which is why I think some find it not very moisturizing), and goes a little way towards masking the veins in my lids and brightening the area. Shadows apply almost normally, and I can still get the sheer, skin-like application I like. What appeals to me about this is that it is a treatment, not just a sunscreen, so I think the results will be gradual and cumulative. For now I'm happy to have the sun protection!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by bobbyboo12

Bought this product after being told that it would work wonders on the dark shadows under the eyes and hydrate them/reduce wrinkles in the process. Nope. It does brighten the eyes slightly, but the cream is so white that on my olive skin it was really noticable. Did absolutely nothing to hydrate or reduce wrinkles. Stung my eyes occasionally and also had dry spells under my eyes. Not worth the price and would not buy again. I will continue to search for the 'wonder cream'...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This is a hard one to review and I can see why some don't like it. It's not an eye cream that's going to moisturise , fade dark circles or enhance the appearance of skin. But what it IS is a brilliant sunscreen with zinc oxide an excellent UVA blocker. I use this on no make up days when I want to reapply around eyes , around mouth and on the "elevenses". It's super for that.This is rich in antioxidants and it comes in a tube. The way I use it it will last me for ever so I don't mind the cost. It's slightly tinted, but no, it won't hide dark circles.But if you're after a good eye cream with spf(and they're hard to find) try this. Like I say it won't moisturise, but you can apply over moisturiser with spf.Physical SS so no irritation . I can't tolerate chemical SS around eyes.All sunscreen addicts , and we all should be , consider this as it really is a gem.I wouldn't be without it now! It DOES have it's uses.This is rated best on PC website and I understand this

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

Do not waste your time. It doesn't do anything it claims to.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sofietje

I was so excited to try this eye cream. I am a big Clinique fan as I have very sensitive skin. Their all about eyes eye cream is one of my favourites and I thought I would love this one as well and it would be perfect for daytime with the spf. Well I was disappointed.

The first two days everything felt fine but on day 3 it left red dry patches around my eye area that were very itchy and also my eyes felt irritated (tearing,itchy, also felt dry). I have tried to make it work with this eye cream but I have the same results each time. A big no no for me.

The packaging is great though. I wish they would put all their eye creams in a tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got a fairly large sample of this at my local beauty counter about a month ago. it's not empty yet but i used it for about two weeks almost every morning and some nights. the brightening effect on the skin is great and it's quite moisturizing too. unfortunately it irritates my eyes, makes them red and puffy and feeling really itchy. couldn't find the ingredients anywhere but i'm guessing they use titanium dioxide for the pearlescent effect. ladies with sensitive skin should really watch out for this ingredient as it's one of the biggest irritants out there. not trying to bash on the product/company but i'm confused as to why a company claiming to be so big on testing would use titanium dioxide... i recommend anyone who wants this: try it first, and if it works for you, you're lucky! definitely not for me though

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainBlade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, don't waste your money!
Until now, this is the only product I really regret buying, especially considering how expensive it is.
I'm a true Clinique fan, I've used a lot of their skincare products. So you can imagine how anoyed I am.
I thought this product would be similar to the All bout eyes but with spf and a yellower tint to conteract my under eye redness. Well, it's not.
It doesn't moisturize, it's actually drying and accentuates the fine lines, so you need to use a different moisturizer underneat. Plus it's really hard to blend - yes, patting with your ring finger isn't enough- and impossible to use with concealer on top without looking too obvious.
I'm Nars Siberia pale and the this really pale yellow shade is too pale for me. I imagine how it'd look on darker ladies...
I live in a hot climate, but after 4/5 months the sunscreen started to separate from the yellow cream. I think it's time to toss it although I've spent about 1/10 of the product.
The only good thing I can say for it is that the spf is nice although it should be higher.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jennifer1960

I was so excited to buy this product. An eye cream with SPF, which I can use every day and the search would be over.

But the area around my eyes reacted badly, red spots which really hurt. I stopped using it and gave it a second try, hoping it was something else. But it wasn't. Same reaction again, which took a couple of days to get rid of.

If you want to try this, be careful.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by alka13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Really poor product, smells a little like camphor and also stings my eyes and also mouth area, when tried there instead. Useless, do not waste your money on this.