November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Palettes - Sigma - Paris Makeup Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Lunabelle09

I was sold on the packaging and the really prettier colors of the whole palette. Didn't care for the brushes, as the handles were super thick. And they smelled.. I found it difficult to create a wearable look with the eyeshadows. The highlighter eyeshadow has chunks of glitter, which is the worst out of the bunch. The black eyeshadow has multi-glitter which don't even show up unless you have glitter glue on. Bottom line: Looks good on the palette, not on my eyes!

Blushes are amazing though. They're silky and very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bpreece

I love this product...the colors are gorgeous and the eyeshadow are smooth and silky- easily blended. As are the blushes and I love that they included a couple brushes too. Definitely one of my favorite palettes I own.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

This is my first Sigma palette, and I was shocked that it has negative reviews here. I wish I knew it sooner so I didn't have to spend 86 SGD for this palette.

The eyeshadow colours are so pretty, although I'm not into colourful eyeshadow. I'm only using the natural ones so far. The eyeshadow is very pigmented, although some is quite easy to fall out and stained the palette.

The blushes that come in this palette is quite disappointing for me. I wish the pink blush is more lighter, because it looks so dark on my skin! The peche blush is more wearable on me, but it fades.. so easily. So so disappointing.

I only used the highlighter twice, and it is quite good actually.

The brush that come with this palette, E55 and F40 (if I'm not wrong), are quite a good brushes. I keep them to apply another products.

Overall, this is such a disappointing product. It is not even worth 86 SGD. With that amount, I could get another palette with higher quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by soi8905

I absolutely love this palette, I love the design of the packaging, when you open it it's got a nice big mirror. All of the colours (both eyeshadows and blush) are amazingly beautiful and I love the fact that each colour's got a French city name to it :) 2 brushes come with it and I love them both <3 I hope they make other city collections.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this palette.
First thing's first, price. It is way too expensive. I realise that it is not only an eyeshadow palette with blushes and highlighter, but that it also includes two Sigma brushes, but it is still very expensive especially for someone who has to ship it from overseas.
The eyeshadows themselves are all lovely colours and very pigmented. I think they are very well co-ordinated and it is awesome that they were all customised by the team who created the palette. My favourite is Orsay, it is such a gorgeous colour with lovely golden sparkles. The eyeshadows all show up best with a primer. I use Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base.
A problem with the eyeshadows is that most of them have a LOT of fall out, especially Eiffel, Seine and Versailles. You need to tap your brush a lot before applying. Versailles leaves you with gold glitter all over your face, but that can be kind of cool depending on the effect you're going for. The eyeshadows can also be a little difficult to blend because they are so pigmented and Versailles is quite gritty.
I find that the blush colour Rouge is very pigmented, but impossible to blend. I've had a lot of trouble with this blush. Peche is a beautiful colour and much more wearable. Lumiere is a fantastic highlight colour and is great even as an eyeshadow.
The box is too bulky for my liking, I don't want to depot as I don't have a Z palette and I like the look of the palette, but then again I can't travel with it.
I would not buy again as I feel this is a one off product, I don't use it very often either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by cinderelka90

I was really lemming for this palette after seeing reviews of it on YouTube and I'm pretty surprised there are so few reviews for it here. Thankfully a friend bought it as a gift for me bec I would never have paid that much to get it myself although Im sure people would think its not such a crazy price for how much you are getting. I think the eyeshadow colors are really unique and swatch very pigmented but don't pack as much of a punch on the lids themselves. Also, be careful with fallout. The brushes were completely useless, I already swapped them away since I don't really get what is so special about sigma brushes (the coastal scents 22 brush set is AMAZING) my favorite thing about the palette is the blushes which are really nice matte shades and a very pretty pinky highlight. All in all, I think this is a beautiful palette but I would not purchase it myself for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by rainydaysay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised that there aren't many reviews on this palette, and that they weren't very positive. i loved it!. All the colours are beautiful (especially triomphe and notre dame)and i didn't have a problem with staying power like some other reviewers have mentioned. A lot of thought has gone into the packaging/presentation.

I did have to keep the plastic protector thing on the inside because the darkest shade (Eiffel) makes a mess and dirtys the rest of the palette, also, weirdly, i found that the contour brush (F40) smelt really bad! Its hard to describe, but it reminded me of the smell of horses/farm animals. I washed it a few times before i used it, and it got a little better.

Yes, its somewhat pricey, even with the discount i used, but I was very happy overall. (one small gripe though, is the crazy amount of postage i paid Sigma to get it to australia, i think it was around $50 which is ridiculous!)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by hissy

The colors are beautiful. This would be a wonderful product if the powders were of better quality. These colors fade after a couple hours. The worst has got to be the white-gold highlight. The base shade does not show up; I end up with only gold glitter on my lid, and it is blotchy and not evenly distributed, no matter which brush I use. The "peche" blush shade fades very quickly. The pinky blush has better stay power, but it's still not the best. Good choice of colors, for sure! However the quality will not hold up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by abyssinia30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay... Let's start with the positives:
1. The colors are wonderful gems, at least some of them are un-dupable. Look up the colors for swatches on the internet. Decent color pay-off across the board (not phenomenal though) Notre Dame is my favorite it's a plummy lavender taupe with a neutral undertone. The blues in the lavender make the shadow cool, but the golden sheen and shimmer cancels that out. Other colors can be duped. Triomphe is very similar to the last color in Wet n' Wild's Comfort Palette, Urban Decay Lounge, MAC's club/MAC blue brown pigment.
2. The packaging is sturdy, it is 100% not going to fall apart on you. There's a large mirror that can be folded all the way back.
3. It includes everything to complete a look! There's a stunning neutral pinkish highlighter, blushes, eight eyeshadows, a shader brush, and an angled contour brush.
4. It is unbelievably beautiful. The palette is one of the most visually stunning palettes I own.

Negatives:
1. The quality is sub-par. The blushes have minimal color payoff. I would choose Covergirl and Nyx blushes over this.
2. I personally find Sigma brushes to be terribly mediocre... I do not get the hype, and I am not sure why I bought more. The shader brush is only good for packing on color and buffing out edges if you are good with brushes. It is too big for precise color placement and lining close to eyelashes. The angled contour brush is sooo soft, and the quality of material used to construct said brush is also good! However, the brush itself performs terribly. The denser the brush, the better it picks up color. This brush picks up NADA, zip, zilch, zero.
3. The scent is terrible. I CANNOT BELIEVE NONE OF THE YT GURUS MENTIONED THE FACT THAT IT SMELLS TOXIC, LIKE HOUSE FUMES FROM MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PAINTS.

The colors would look beautiful on someone who has a darker, more olive/tan complexion. I am thinking NC30 and up.
******UPDATE****** the shimmery colors with the dark blues, teals, and taupes are really good for clubbing... if you go out a lot, I can definitely see you liking this palette

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The Paris Palette by Sigma is a collaboration between Sigma and 6 YouTube beauty gurus who were sent to Paris and assigned monuments to use as inspiration to create an eye/face palette. You can find descriptions of each color on YouTube. While the intent was there, the results unfortunately fell short. Iím a sucker for palettes and I liked the thoughtful design of the palette. Itís a pretty mosaic pattern housed in a cute postcard-like sleeve. Yes, itís bigger than most, but they made it bigger so it can house the 2 brushes that are included. Said brushes are pretty good quality, though the blush/face brush could be more dense because the way it is now, it kind of just flops around the face. The eye brush is decent at picking up and distributing color on the lid. Speaking of color, this is unfortunately where the palette falls flat on its face. At first glance, the colors are vibrant, sparkling things of beauty. However, when you begin actually using it, they become sparkle bombs that hardly hold their pigment. You have to layer and layer and layer while creating crazy amounts of fallout in order to get color close to what you see in the palette. I agree with one review on YouTube Ė make sure to keep the plastic window sleeve in the palette Ė youíll need it to protect from all the fallout from the shadows. After all that work and blending, the colors begin fading within an hour with or without primer. The colors become muddy and brown and even the teal loses its zing.

At almost $60 (even after the discount code) for this Limited Edition palette and the potential from contributions from such talented beauty experts, I would sadly say that your money is better spent elsewhere. I have purchased eyeshadows from MAC, Urban Decay, Dior, Guerlain, Too Face, Smashbox, and even Wet N Wild. Sorry, Sigma. I recommend you stick to brushes.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No