April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Avon - Precision Grip Teardrop Blender

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGal86

Well.....Avon discontinued these but I found them on ebay for like, less than a buck each. These are great. I would never spend $30 on a sponge but Avon had these for about $5 and like I said, you can find them for a $1 or under.

This really makes foundation, concealer, and cream blush go smoothly and look more natural. I bought a bunch of these (for real....they attack me when I open my bathroom cabinet) and will keep doing so until I can't find them anymore.

It works the same as the Beauty Blender. You wet it and then pat and roll the foundation/concealer/blush onto your face. I use a new one for foundation and concealer and then after about two months or so (washing every few uses) I use the older one for blush and open a new one for the face.

Give these a try. I don't think you'll regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am in love with this! I have not been much for applying makeup with sponges or brushes. I have much preferred using my fingers. I just always felt I got the best results that way. The last few months, however, I have been buying sponge wedges and using them for blending my foundation at the edges. I liked that. I also found that for my Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily formula (which I alternate with the Normal/Dry, depending on what my skin is doing), I actually did like to use a sponge. I was intrigued when I read about the Beauty Blender, but no way would I spend the money for that. It's a sponge, first of all, thus seeming overpriced, and I was afraid I wouldn't like it. But when I read about this, I decided to give it a try. I bought it from the Avon website for $4.99. (I always wait for free shipping w/$10 before I order from there). I am amazed at how much I love it. It really makes my foundation look flawless. I use it dry. I have used it with both of my Colorstay formulas, and also with my Revlon Photoready foundation. Beautiful. The results are smooth and flawless looking. I also have been using it to apply powder over my foundation, too. I use the pointed end to do foundation, then flip it over to the fat end, dip it in my powder, and apply with that. Love it for that, too. Mine did get stained right away, which is ok. I do wash it after each use, but I imagine that the long wearing properties of the Colorstay make it hard to wash out. Not sure, but oh well. I plan to order a few more of these soon. Avon is notorious for discontinuing products, and I want to build up a stash of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Morganox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this. If you use it moist it makes your foundation look perfect and natural. It's easy to use and way cheaper than a beauty blender. I use it everyday

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a Beauty Blender some months ago and I love it. It is one of the tools I can rely on to deliver great results (good coverage, speedy application and a natural look) when applying liquid foundation. But the Beauty Blender sure is pricey for a sponge - and one with, from all I have read, a fairly limited lifespan (unlike a foundation brush, for example, which can last years and years). So imagine how thrilled I was to read the great reviews for this similar type sponge from Avon. I got 2 of them earlier this week and I couldn't be more pleased. I don't know if they're made of the same material(s) as the original Beauty Blender but they sure perform just as well. The shape isn't really a "tear-drop" - it's more a fat hourglass with a pointed tip but the slightly different shape doesn't affect how it performs in any negative way. It does feel a bit more dense. In my experience, it doesn't seem to soak up any more foundation than the BB does but I dot my foundation onto my face using my finger-tips and then blend with the sponge, only applying a small bit onto the base of the sponge to help with seamless blending.

This are just over $6.00 CDN when not on sale but I'll be checking the Avon flyers and if these do go on sale, I'll purchase a few more. In my experience, this sponge works every bit as well as the original Beauty Blender and while it had a bit of a funny smell when I first opened it, that went away with a light washing. The huge price difference really does make this sponge an excellent purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

GREAT!
Again, why pay 20 bucks for the Beauty Blender or 10 bucks for Sonia's at Target ??

The girls are all getting one of these in their Christmas Stocking this year :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon's Precision Grip Teardrop Blender is their version of the much loved, but quite expensive Beauty Blender. Avon calls their dupe the "secret to complexion perfection" The Precision Grip Blender has a "unique shape and suede like texture that helps blend makeup seamlessly by eliminating visible lines and streaks". This beauty toll is made of polyurethane. I'm not sure where this sponge was made. My Avon lady/neighbor gave this blender to me for free, it retails for $4.99 and can be bought online or ordering via your local Avon rep.
This blender came double wrapped in plastic with no other packaging to speak of. The sponge is soft and squishy, fun to play with. Its just about the same color as the true Beauty Blender, a Barbie pink. Avon girls 2 3/8" x 1 5/8" as the dimensions, I measured it and that's just about accurate. The spongy polyurethane tool can be used wet or dry, it expands when used wet. The shape isn't exactly what I would call "tear drop". Actually I really hate the name of this product, it sounds depressing, like it would blend your tears away. I'd call the blender egg shape and nips in at the middle. The bottom of the blender is rounded and the tip comes to a very small point. It kinda looks like a nipple. Lolz. I really shouldn't joke about the nipple-like point though, because it's quite useful.
As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, Avon's Precision Grip Blender can be used wet or dry. I've always loved using a wet cosmetic wedge or sponge to apply my liquid foundations, so I always use this tool moistened.I use the sides to apply foundation in a combination of rolling and patting motions over most of my face, then switch to the tip to blend in smaller areas. This sponge applies and blends foundation so beautifully, it's hard to explain. I will never use a wedge again unless I really have to. That's a shame cause I just bought a brand new pack too. I also use this blending sponge to apply concealer, applying product with the tip, then bouncing the rounded bottom over it to blend it out. Once again, the finish is natural and flawless. This blender can be used with a multitude of products; cream, liquid, and wet to dry foundations, concealers, highlighters, blushes, and bronzers. I've even seen a Beauty Blender used damp to apply loose powder for fuller coverage. This is a truly multi-functional tool.
How do you care for Avon's Precision Grip Teardrop Blender? Beauty Blender makes a special cleanser for these beauty sponges, I'm currently using a sample of that product to clean my blender, but you can use simple, everyday dish or hand soap. I've washed my blender four times and its still good as new. Its easy to rinse the product out of this sponge. I should mention real quick that this sponge will absorb product during use, I find that I need to use 1/3 more foundation or BB cream when I use this sponge.
I love Avon's Precision Grip Teardrop Blender. Love it. Its become one of my favorite beauty tools. I don't even want to touch another cosmetic wedge again. The shape is unique and it works wonders. A great multi functional tool definitely worth the five bucks. Why spend $20 on the Beauty Blender, or $11 on Sonia Kashuk's version. I'm going to buy another one of these. I highly recommend this tool. Your foundation will never have a more flawless finish.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MedusaSant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this sponge! Its almost as good as my BeautyBlender, but the shape is taking a little getting used to. It blends my Anew Transforming Foundation to a completely flawless finish and is also amazing for blending the setting powder once everything is on.
Just be sure to soak and squeeze it prior to using or it will gobble up all your product. If you don't feel comfortable shelling out for the BeautyBlender or want to save mileage on your BeautyBlender, use this baby! Well worth the 6.99$ price.
I'm buying three more (on top of the two I just bought.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by damag

This stuff is amazing! Right now is $4.99 introductory $ my sis is a Avon representative. Pm for more details! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Buggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay this is great! I cannot compare this to the famous Beauty Blender....because I will not spend $30 on a sponge....but this is fabu for foundation and powder. This makes my foundation look flawless and is also great for making powder look smooth. I think I might stock up. You know how Avon is about getting rid of products.

Edit: Well....Avon did what it does best and discontinued this product. I was not very happy LOL. I did, however, find this on ebay and I got a package of 5 for just under three dollars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I just got this last week and I love it. I have never purchased the actual beauty blender so I can't compare it to that. This blender however does an amazing job blending in my foundation. I like it better than using my 187 brush. The price compared to the actual blender is excellent. I am going to order another one of these sponges just in case they don't carry them for very long. Price is good, so if you have been tempted to try the beauty blender but don't want to spend that much on a sponge, I say give this a try. I also want to add that I do not sell Avon, I am just a customer.