December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Liquid - Boots - No 7 Essentially Natural Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Randomination22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had a few of these now and always come back to it due to it being exactly what I want and need.

I like my coverage to be light-medium and this fits the bill perfectly - redness is minimised, blemishes appear to be a little less visible (obviously not 100% considering the coverage of this foundation), and the texture is demi-matte with a slight sheen; really, the foundation fits with its name - it's essentially natural.

The foundation lasts well on my normal-dry skin but, a word of caution, the foundation can rub off pretty easily.

This and No 7's foundation match service make a good team, one I always come back to and perhaps always will.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a guy I love a foundation that covers imperfections, doesn't cling to dry patches and has a natural light finish as if I wasn't wearing any foundation and this ticks all the boxes I'm so happy! It's so much better than high end brands like mac and Clinique which are either heavy and break you out or obvious you're wearing foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hollypilly

I decided to start looking after my skin more as I was fed up of having to cover it up with cloggy thick orange foundation (I used Dream Matte Mousse, ick!). Quite sheer and not particularly good for spots, but makes your skin look flawless very naturally. Like to put on Burberry Fresh glow underneath as it will still shine through with this thin foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by lilpopgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is absolutely brilliant! If you are looking for a BB-type foundation with a bit more coverage and that works with dry, flaky skin then this will be perfect for you. Having dry skin, foundations that cling to my dry areas are my worst nightmare and it's very important - to me- that a foundation does not show any signs of flaky skin in any type of lighting, and from what I can tell from wearing this foundation for over a month now, it doesn't show any signs of my reptilian skin!

I said that this foundation is close to a BB cream, this is because of the texture of it- You can tell from the name 'essentially natural' that it is meant to look natural, much like most BB creams.

Due to the new foundation match service I was able to find my perfect shade, which is great for me as I have great trouble finding foundations in my shade- I'm usually the lightest shade in most ranges, if not, the second lightest.

I'm not sure about how this foundation holds up throughout the day because I seem to have the most absorbent skin and even the most durable foundations are gone by the end of the day on me. However, whilst wearing the foundation, my skin looks great and glowy throughout the day, whereas with no foundation on, my skin would be pretty dull.

I got a very large sample from the lady at my local No.7 counter and still haven't used it all up after at least over a month, and as soon as my sample runs out I will buy the full-sized product.

Overall, I love this foundation and I think this will be my favourite foundation for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely amazed at how much I love this foundation. I bought it on a whim, I have just come off of heavy meds for acne and my skin is just starting to be happy again. I indulged in several coating of Vita Liberata fake tan and needed something that looked natural but gave me a bit of a glow. I bought 2 shades since I had several £5 off vouchers. Normally these are £13.50 but they are a tube so I figure I can cut them open and scrape it all out so there would never be any waste. I don’t normally like No 7's shade ranges, they start of the tangoed side and get worse from there, however the darkest in this range is an beautiful OLIVE if you can believe it (235 sand) I chose to mix it with 220 light beige which is a relatively neutral lighter shade, I get the PERFECT shade, and in this case they mix so nicely together AND I can adjust as my tan fades etc, so I don’t mind. it has spf 15 so that’s better then nothing, and I skin does not look like a grease ball it just blends in nicely and smoothes everything out. Definitely doesn’t completely dissolve pores, BUT it certainly smoothes them out. I have put a pic in my profile for ref. I also use a light dusting of Pixi flawless Beauty Powder which just sets it all lightly. Really pleased, and I think I've found my summer foundation :)