St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

I have been using st tropez dark for at least 3-4 years now. When I notice I'm getting low I go out and purchase several bottles at a time to ensure I don't run out. This stuff is awesome! I am naturally incredibly pale, like a piece of paper. In Mac I'm probably about an N3, which if you see it looks like it couldn't possibly suit anyone because it's so pale and ashy. I am also blonde so when I am not tanned and with my very light hair, I resemble a plate of potatoes. Sooo washed out and pale. St tropez dark is my secret! It takes me to an nc20 skintone which to many is very pale but I actually just look like a normal, naturally fair person (instead of being pale white)! A lot of reviews I've read say that this product leaves a green tint which I do not understand. I am PALE and I can see a hint of green when I first apply before bed, but in the morning after showering off it reveals a warm toned glow. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last very long on me. The loving tan ultra dark gets me a little darker and lasts longer, however it doesn't wear off as nicely. The st tropez dark may not last more than about 3 days on me, but it wears off very naturally and evenly, which is important when my skin underneath is so pale that other fake tans (like the loving tan) wear off in a scaly and ugly way. Overall this tan is fabulous and I highly recommend it!

Horrible. I applied this last night. The green color is startling to say the least. Glad I had planned to do it just before bed. I washed it off this morning and I swear I still have a green tinge. I don't know how they can call this product "dark". I've been using the Express Bronzing Mousse and it comes out darker than this in only 3 hours, with a much nicer result. So disappointed with this product.

I used to love it until I came across LovingTan. I wouldn't buy this in the future.

Cons:
-I have sensitive skin, so for 2 days after I would be madly scratching little bumps all over my body.
-The smell wasn't that nice. Especially the first day of your tan, if you sweat on a hot day the tan smell emanating from your body is overpowering.
-The guide colour looks quite patchy while you are baking so I never wanted to wear it out until washed off - in saying that, when it was washed off I was no longer patchy.
- When getting close to its last days it would become very patchy

Pros:
-Good colour

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This stuff definitely turned me dark! But the color.. It looked orange in certain lighting/pictures. I have olive skin, so I have to be very careful with the slightest bit of an orange tint (i'll look jersey shore)

I loved the application though. Smell wasn't bad. You have to be careful not to get any water on you during those first 8 hours. It faded great, lasted a long time.. Yea, the only thing that was off was the color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First, the smell is awful and I dread putting this stuff on because of it. In addition, the smell does not leave until like 2 days after even if you shower the morning after. It also is very sticky and during the summer when its hot and humid this is not the stuff I want to be putting on my skin. However, the color is amazing. It has a beautiful olive green color and it is dark- unlike the original St Tropez. I would actually sit through a night of headache (aka the smell) for the color. However, there are other brands that offer similar color to this without the smell and the price like Tarte or Vita Liberatas self tanner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

BEYOND ADDICTED!!

This is hands down, the best self-tanner on the market. I've tried everything from Jergens to Gurelain and this formula makes me a beautiful golden tan, ZERO DORITO ORANGE, it's super easy to apply (just a little prep required) and it doesn't smell that strong. I needed to stop going into tanning beds yet can't live without a tan.

You need to drop $8 on the application mitt. If you wash it after use, it will last quite a while but it's imperative to use the mitt for buffing the tan and not getting orange palms.

Ideally, you need to let the formula sit for at least 6 hours so this should be done at bedtime to let the formula develop. Shower and exfoliate and I moisturize my face, elbows, knees and feet. I apply Vaseline with a Qtip on my eyebrows, lips and hairline.

It goes on super evenly with the mitt and you can see where you've missed a spot once it starts to dry.

My only complaint is that it's really hard to get your back covered on your own. And that's saying this as a former ballet dancer. it's super awkward to get the formula on in-between your shoulder blades. But that's about it! It last a week and it seems to fade very evenly.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Is this for real? I can't live without this stuff! As a makeup artist, it was really pleasing to see the green tint that it had upon application as a counteracting color to yellows and oranges. I got a sample where I work and I've applied it to my legs and have yet to wash it off to see the result but I know it's going to be wonderful because I did a very sheer layer and I can see the color. it's the furthest from orange self tanner that I have ever used. Its on the pricey side but you might as well go to the salon and pay 50 or 60 bucks for a spray tan which in my opinion isn't even as good. Whatever you do, by the applicator mit for 6 or 8 dollars whatever it is. After rubbing up and down my calves my hands are Brown.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used an entire bottle of the original formula in 2013 and it applied evenly with no streaks and gave a natural brown tan. The only complaint I had about the original was that I'd need to apply two coats in the same night to get the color deep enough for my preference. I bought the dark in January 2014 thinking that I could apply only one layer of this instead of two of the original which would save time and product. My complaint about the dark is that it turns my skin an orange tan. Not as bad as some drugstore self tanners were orange but the tone isn't the same brown as the original. My skin is NC15 naturally and the Orange tint just was too unnatural. I spoke to a girl working at Ulta today about the two formulas and she agreed the dark is orangy and to stick with the original and make sure to exfoliate. Also the dark mousse comes out green so you can only apply it at night before bed or when you won't be out in public. To exfoliate the Tree Hut scrubs are nice, I tried the Brazilian Nut scent and it was nice and took down some of the orange tan.

There are a lot of pros with this self tanner, but I'm sorry, the cons really do beat the pros!

CONS:
First thing - this has a very strong 'guide color'. When I wake up in the morning it does look very very dark but not in the most flattering way, you can defintely tell it's a bit greenish. When I'm off to take my
shower, I would say 60% of this color is gone. To me it looks like any light fake tan.

And second - this is veeeery prone to getting blotchy. When it's drying I have to be so careful not to get one single water drop on it or either it will make a little white dot. And one tip, do not go out with this without showering off the guide color! I did once and I had washed my face, and you could tell so hard that some water had run down my neck, aaaawful!

You also have to moisturize your skin AT LEAST one time a day or it will start to crack up looking all funky around your elbows, wrists and hands. This has also stained my clothes even after I've washed them, leaving it looking a little bit greeny or pink.

The PROS? I like the scent, I like how easy it is to apply and that you can really see if you have missed a spot. I like that it really does make me look extra dark, and for an evening out when the light is not so bright it is perfect. And for me this price is ok.

Would I buy this again though? No. I want something that stays dark and that isn't so easily patchy. I will keep looking for my perfect self tanner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As I have never not been living on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean .. I have never not had a deep dark tan!

When I moved back home to Canada in Sept of 2014 my tan had since faded. While browsing Sephora the other day I came across the St Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse and decided to give it a try to see if I could get my deep dark tan back. I bought the glove ( highly recommended ) and went on my merry way to give it a try!

I showered and exfoliated as soon as I got home and applied a light layer of moisturizer to my elbows, knees and ankles. I was so shocked when I put this stuff on! It was tinted green .... panicked and came to learn that that is normal and it is just the colour guard that washes off. The smell at first was a light floral scent, but as time went on the smell became very self tannery. I feel this tanning lotion does take some time to dry and will rub off on your clothes. I waited about 20 mins to put my clothes back on and put on an old t-shirt and leggings, went to bed and woke up the next morning to be shocked at the colour development! Jumped in the shower and was so happy to see the muddy green colour come off only to reveal a beautiful "just got back from the beach tan". Not as dark as I was hoping, but I will keep applying every few days and Im sure it will build. I didnt not find this product patchy at all! Mind you this was my biggest fear so I probably spent more time than normal making sure to rub it all in!

Now for the cons: the smell and cost. In Toronto it came to about 60$ with taxes. But, not bad if you think of how much a spray tan costs .. and you will get multiple uses from the bottle. Would definitely repurchase when I run out!

As you wash your hands more than other other body part the tan does fade very fast on your hands ... for this reason it has made the tan around my write very patchy! nothing too noticeable, and I feel when you re apply it will even it out.

Other than those 2 cons I have nothing bad to say about this product! It left my skin smooth and beautifully tanned. Only thing I woud do differently is not put this on my face! I feel like my face absorbed it too quickly which in turn made my face a little darker than the rest of my body! but nothing a little lighter foundation didnt fix. I would use their daily gradual face tanner next time!

Hope this review helped :)

Top Rated St.Tropez Products