April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jclayberger5

This is a wonerfully refreshing, silky daily cleanser and the first cleanser which I truly enjoy using. The citrusy scent wakes up your senses and it leaves my skin soft and smooth without drying it out. My makeup goes on smoother and I love this cleanser! I would definitely recommend it as well as purchase it again.
It is the perfect start your day face wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is not strong enough to remove make-up. I had to wash my face three times before it felt sufficiently clean. It has a watery consistency and smells like citrus. I don't think fragrance should have been included. None of the ingredients are capable of actually brightening your complexion so this cleanser can not deliver on its claims. There is nothing special about this particular product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by SuperRational

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Be very, very careful with this stuff. I'm a very loyal Neutrogena customer, I use/have used many of their products, but there is something in this particular cleanser that can cause SEVERE irritation in some people. I used this ONE time and my face was literally bright red and tingly, and not in a good way. It was like a really bad sunburn. I am a very experienced AHA and BHA user, so it's not those ingredients causing the irritation. I'm thinking it was whatever ingredient they add to give the cleanser its glittery look. Another possibility is the soy that's added. I'm not allergic to eating soy, but many people can have skin reactions from applying soy topically. I've noticed many of you others had the same experience. I do not have sensitive skin, so I'm thinking it's that glitter stuff. Regardless, I'd be cautious with this cleanser. If you're looking for bright, radiant skin, opt for a cleanser that contains a high percentage of glycolic acid. Neostrata makes great products, they use HIGH quality GA and AHAs. Yes, there are quality grades of AHAs and BHAs. If that's out of your price range, stick with Neutrogena's Poor Refining cleanser. Contains an AHA (Glycolic Acid) and a BHA (Salycilic Acid). It's a pretty decent cleanser for the price. AHAs and BHAs are really the only ingredients that will give you noticeable results in skin brightening/tone/texture. A pure form of Retinol will as well. And the percentage must be high enough. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by x0jadore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this cleanser and a toner together. that night i used both products and noticed that my cheeks and forehead had turned red. i blamed the toner. the next morning i used the products at different times and realized that it was this cleanser that was causing the redness, not the toner. plus i didnt notice any brightness; this product just has a ton of glitter in it. the only thing i liked was the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

I'm allergic to something in this cleanser. I don't know what it is but it irritated my skin so badly. After I wash it off it literally feels like my skin is burning up. My skin doesn't look any brighter and I have given this a chance but it's a no-go for me. Sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by angelamacaroons

Alright. First, I want to say that this cleanser smells amazing, every time I use it I realize that it would be such a good scent for a fragrance. It's a refreshingly light, sweet, and citrus-y scent. It's definitely not overpowering, but actually rather energizing. The Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit line smells awesome, too, but I actually like the smell of this moisturizer a bittle better. q:

This cleanser left my skin feeling so smooth (which was pleasantly surprising initially, because how does that even work?! There aren't any exfoliating beads in it or anything!). It's so strange, but it makes my skin feel really soft and just... like, pat-able. Or kissable. It's strange, but it works :')

I feel like it's only a light cleanser, maybe to wake you up in the morning, or just as a quick refreshing cleanser in the afternoon on a warm day. I might just feel this way because I prefer my daily cleansers to have acne-fighting properties, though.

And as for the brightening aspect of this product, I really can't quite tell - but I think that the fact that it makes my skin feel a lot firmer, smooth, and soft, that would natural brighten my skin and make it appear and feel more supple. I'm obviously not looking for some obnoxious sparkles (which, now that I mention it, the actual moisturizer has. The color of it is like a really pretty, sunset-orange color with iridescent glimmer. But I'm trusting that people wash off their cleansers nowadays, so the shimmer shouldn't remain after rinsing), so I think in the way that I described it, it does brighten. In a way. Through other ways, by firming and smoothing my skin.

I'm so hooked on the smell of this product xD It's a darling product, and I think good for anyone who doesn't need any acne treatment in their daily cleansers. This freshens and rejuvenates my regular routine -- I recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by shbea

been using kiehls facial cleanser for years, just needed more and didnt feel like going all to the mall so I picked this up figuring i would be putting it in my kids bathroom once I got the stuff I usually get, This is my new favorite, non drying but your face is clean, fresh clean light scent works well with clarisonic too. Glad I didnt feel like going to the mall that day

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ashnice05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample in my Target Beauty Bag, for the longest time I didn't use it and when I got my Clarisonic Mia I used it and I loved it and finally I ordered some and it made my face feeling amazingly soft since I have combination skin. The smell is amazing, I happen to like the smell of citrus especially for my skin because it wakes me up in the morning, and it has made my skin feel more brighter, I love this product and I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by the bad reviews. I have the Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser. I think the smell is great. Very refreshing and citrusy but not like a bad fake smell. It's a very cushiony lather that feels like its really cleaning but not drying out your skin. It says not to get it near your eyes but I am lazy and always use my cleansers to remove my eye make up. This worked really well, even got of my stubborn powder liner. I don't think it would feel nice to get this in your eye but if you do a good job of keeping your eyes closed it doesn't burn or sting at all. I generally make sure I do this with most cleansers. And I prefer using a cleanser to a solution. They seem to migrate into my eyes worse that cleanser and leave an irritating residue. My skin is somewhat sensitive and I am a big fan of this one. Give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh, the heavy floral smell in this face wash made it hard to even use it. Smells like something you would use to clean a toilet. And you can't let any get near your eyes or it will burn, burn, burn. It dried out my skin and wasn't worth keeping around because of the smell/pain. I threw it out after using a few times.