NYX Pore Filler

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

This may work well as just a primer for your make up but I never saw any appreciable changes to my pores when using this. The consistency of this product is a bit weird too...it feels grainy straight out of the tube but smooths out when applied.

on 2/15/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Ehh
Not too bad as a primer but did nothing really for my pores or for my oily skin.
Not terrible but did not do its job

b82

on 2/12/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am kind of surprised at the low ratings here but I guess different products work differently for everyone. I normally read reviews on here first before I buy most products but I got this on a whim while trolling through Ulta. I suffer from large pores, a bit of ice picked scars that look like pits on my cheeks. I have tried numerous primers over the years to cover up (Lancome Visionnaire Blur, Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel, Mally Poreless Primer, Dr Brandt Pores No More to name a few) but I was never too impressed especially considering the price tag. What I expect is for the primer to give me a bit of smooth surface and slightly cover up the pits. I find that this product works pretty well in meeting my expectations. I recently saw on Pinterest that this product is considered a dupe for Benefit Porefessional and I was thinking the same. I also own Benefit Porefessional and I do like that product equally as the NYX Pore Filler but at double the cost.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It looks gray under foundation and settles into lines. I didn't notice a huge difference in my pores either. It's easy to use and has nice packaging, but it's not for me.

I used the POREfessionals for the longest time but due to the price I stopped. Being a college student it just wasn't realistic for me to dish out the money like every month for a pore filler/primer. I saw this off pintrest and it said to be a dupe for the POREfessionals. I was excited to buy it because of the price. When I got my hands on it and the first time I used it, I wasn't blown away at all. It did the job-ish. I say 'ish' because some things about this product did not impress me at all. When I squeezed the product out, it did not come out in one consistency. I have to rub the product together to make it one consistency even then it was not enough. In reality I was buying like two tubes a month. I did the math honestly I was spending the exact same amount as I was if I were to buy the POREfessionals. Honestly I don't wear make up every day, but I do want to blur out the pores on my skin. I just wore it on its own.

It is an okay product really, might be great for others. For me, it didn't work out. The packaging was also a problem. I like the whole all white concept, but the texture of the packaging was off. If you got the tube dirty, its done. The tube got so dirty so fast. I tried to scrub off any dirt or stuff off of it but it was no use.

on 11/6/2014 12:57:00 PM

Pore filler? Not so much. I have tried this multiple times now, and I am seriously unimpressed with it. It is extremely thick,and I find myself needing quite a bit of product to cover my face. It does nothing to help with my pores. Foundations that tend to sit in my pores and make them look like colored dots, well, they still do that. My pores don't look any smaller or less visible. And I don't find that it helps with the application or lasting power of my makeup, so I see no benefit from this. And it is not inexpensive, either.

Glad it works for some, but definitely not for me.

on 7/23/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It did make my pores appear smaller upon initial use. That did not last, it's only a temporary effect. Made face smoother so foundation went on smoother. Did nothing for oil control in my opinion, although the package does not claim to control oil. It claims to fill pores. Which it does but not for long. I finally used this sucker up with my daily makeup when I didn't really care if hordes of people ran screaming from my humongous pores. Will not be repurchasing. I have a ton of others to try out, already in my possession.

on 7/23/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got nyx pore filler with the interest of filling a specific ice pick acne scar on my cheek that I am overly self conscious about. I had low expectations. When applied "correctly," however, this product works very well for me. It may work for you if you share similar beauty concerns. Like reviewers before me have mentioned, it has an almost 'grainy' texture. I will go so far as to say the texture of the nyx pore filler reminds me of the natural "gunk" that acne consists of - you know, all those bacteria colonies and dead skin cells - what used to be in that darn scar hole's place originally, ;) Do not be fooled; this is a blessing in disguise :) For this reason, the filler molds to the crevices you put it in.

What works for me as far as application is first to shake the product, squeeze a tiny bit out, and grab it with my tweezerman pointed tweezers. Then, using the tweezers, I place the glob into the acne hole. Once placed, I use my finger to press it in and hold. Sometimes I have to pat it in more, blend and smear a tad - you just have to experiment, but this stuff molds to the divit of the hole and creates a smoother surface. Oh, I use this AFTER putting on liquid foundation, as a last step in my makeup routine.

On a side note, I have recently been introduced to the world of foundation primers, which I must say also help in "filling" pitting acne. Still, I would buy this nyx product again. At first I thought it was overly expensive for the amount you get, and although I still feel this way to a degree, I must admit you do not need a lot of product for the desired effect - it should last along time;)

on 7/16/2014 7:15:00 PM

This pore filler works decently but it slightly exagerates any dry patches. I also think its over priced for how it performs in comparison to other pore type products ($14), but in general the staying power is decent. There are definitely other products in the drugstore that work better with the same price tag.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Update: this doesn't stay on my face :( its not too bad but not as even as it used to be. Oh well maybe I'll have to try smashboxs pore filler but until then I think this is still pretty good

WOW.

I love this. I really do. I suffer from pretty bad acne which has now gone down somewhat thanks to getting older and also trying to wash my face with oxy face wash regularly and I have ice pick acne scarring on my cheeks (luckily my forehead was spared of the scarring-at least the ice pick scars) and I was always frustrated with how they would be noticeable especially in the sunlight until my awesome sister bought me this for my birthday! Now it's like the scarring never happened! And I don't need to use too much-well it's not a little but less than the pictures I've seen of others using this product and my skin looked smooth for the first time in forever! ;D

BUUUUT,

(This is kind of important)

you have to use this over foundation! BUT UNDER POWDER. (if you're using a powder foundation then by all means use it under your foundation) I used to hate this because I applied this primer first then applied my liquid foundation and it was like it disappeared

so basically over cream, over liquid, over anything of that type of texture and what I do is press it in, and kind of glide it, think of trying to fill in the pores or the scars you want the product to fill it in but just keep practicing till you've got the results you want

just a side note, I think you might want to let your foundation, concealer, whatever set before you apply this don't go straight into it after you've applied your makeup

(I'm thinking of dusting a tiny bit of translucent powder before applying it and seeing how that works also, hopefully it won't ruin it but I guess i'll have to see)