NYX Pore Filler

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oddly enough, I'm probably not the target market for this product as my pores are actually pretty small and my skin is more normal than anything (would naturally be on the dry side if I didn't keep it well-hydrated).

That said, primers that promise to be "pore-filling" actually tend to be one of my favorite styles because they do a better job of blurring minor imperfections and creating a nice canvas for foundation than more straightforward formulas.

I also have Benefit's The POREFessional and use that one regularly as well. I find that the NYX Pore Filler is virtually indistinguishable from POREFessional when doing hand swatches, as well as when applied to my face over all the layers of stuff that I usually have on, including high SPF sunscreen. (I've also purchased the Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer because it looked the same in hand swatches compared to POREFessional, but it didn't seem to work as well with the sunscreen layer; ending up noticeable more sheer. Weird!)

The only major difference I've found between the NYX Pore Filler and POREFessional is that the texture of the NYX is oddly grainy and somewhat unappealing in appearance coming out of the tube, whereas POREFessional is perfectly smooth. I have no idea why this is so because once applied to the skin, the NYX primer normalizes to a smooth consistency. Also, the POREFessional has a stronger scent (which I prefer) but those who don't like it might like NYX better.

Still haven't found a holy grail primer yet, but I'm pretty happy with this one overall and will keep repurchasing while continuing to try new ones from time to time. It's definitely a better value than POREFessional and performs comparably for me (keeping in mind of course, that I'm not exactly using either primer for the main benefits that they promise! :/).

on 4/20/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have really bad pores and this is the first pore reducing/coverage product I have bought. If I'm honest, I didn't notice a single bit of difference. It feels nice when you put it on although the consistency is kind of uneven when it comes out. I felt like I needed to use loads and it is such a tiny little bottle but then I have plenty of pores and really bad skin from acne scarring. This is definately not for me. Not sure of it as a primer either, I prefer NYX angel veil for that. Definaly wouldn't buy again.

on 3/26/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Let's just say I live and breathe by primer. I've tried it all. When I snagged this on sale I was soooooo impressed. I have decent sized pores so it fixes what I need it too holds makeup where it should be throughout the day and doesn't leave a greasy oil coat underneath my makeup. Wish it had a brightening option but with all my serums and highlighters I'm good w/o it. Does leave skin dry so make sure your skincare regime includes a good moisturizer. I'm on my 3rd purchase of this used their Studio photogenic primer base and didn't finish before buying this to use in its place. I always use as a primer BTW, never tried it over makeup I like finishing powders so I've been hesitant lol.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Yeah i have pretty big pores on my nose n wen i use foundation and powder they become quite visible throughout the day however i tried this product and i really feel it gets into my pores and covers them up. I really like to use this on my nose only, becz i feel this isnt a great primer but definatly a great pore filler.

This may work well as just a primer for your make up but I never saw any appreciable changes to my pores when using this. The consistency of this product is a bit weird too...it feels grainy straight out of the tube but smooths out when applied.

on 2/15/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Ehh
Not too bad as a primer but did nothing really for my pores or for my oily skin.
Not terrible but did not do its job

on 2/12/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am kind of surprised at the low ratings here but I guess different products work differently for everyone. I normally read reviews on here first before I buy most products but I got this on a whim while trolling through Ulta. I suffer from large pores, a bit of ice picked scars that look like pits on my cheeks. I have tried numerous primers over the years to cover up (Lancome Visionnaire Blur, Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel, Mally Poreless Primer, Dr Brandt Pores No More to name a few) but I was never too impressed especially considering the price tag. What I expect is for the primer to give me a bit of smooth surface and slightly cover up the pits. I find that this product works pretty well in meeting my expectations. I recently saw on Pinterest that this product is considered a dupe for Benefit Porefessional and I was thinking the same. I also own Benefit Porefessional and I do like that product equally as the NYX Pore Filler but at double the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It looks gray under foundation and settles into lines. I didn't notice a huge difference in my pores either. It's easy to use and has nice packaging, but it's not for me.

I used the POREfessionals for the longest time but due to the price I stopped. Being a college student it just wasn't realistic for me to dish out the money like every month for a pore filler/primer. I saw this off pintrest and it said to be a dupe for the POREfessionals. I was excited to buy it because of the price. When I got my hands on it and the first time I used it, I wasn't blown away at all. It did the job-ish. I say 'ish' because some things about this product did not impress me at all. When I squeezed the product out, it did not come out in one consistency. I have to rub the product together to make it one consistency even then it was not enough. In reality I was buying like two tubes a month. I did the math honestly I was spending the exact same amount as I was if I were to buy the POREfessionals. Honestly I don't wear make up every day, but I do want to blur out the pores on my skin. I just wore it on its own.

It is an okay product really, might be great for others. For me, it didn't work out. The packaging was also a problem. I like the whole all white concept, but the texture of the packaging was off. If you got the tube dirty, its done. The tube got so dirty so fast. I tried to scrub off any dirt or stuff off of it but it was no use.

on 11/6/2014 12:57:00 PM

Pore filler? Not so much. I have tried this multiple times now, and I am seriously unimpressed with it. It is extremely thick,and I find myself needing quite a bit of product to cover my face. It does nothing to help with my pores. Foundations that tend to sit in my pores and make them look like colored dots, well, they still do that. My pores don't look any smaller or less visible. And I don't find that it helps with the application or lasting power of my makeup, so I see no benefit from this. And it is not inexpensive, either.

Glad it works for some, but definitely not for me.