July 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Pore Filler

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It did make my pores appear smaller upon initial use. That did not last, it's only a temporary effect. Made face smoother so foundation went on smoother. Did nothing for oil control in my opinion, although the package does not claim to control oil. It claims to fill pores. Which it does but not for long. I finally used this sucker up with my daily makeup when I didn't really care if hordes of people ran screaming from my humongous pores. Will not be repurchasing. I have a ton of others to try out, already in my possession.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by bbpandabear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got nyx pore filler with the interest of filling a specific ice pick acne scar on my cheek that I am overly self conscious about. I had low expectations. When applied "correctly," however, this product works very well for me. It may work for you if you share similar beauty concerns. Like reviewers before me have mentioned, it has an almost 'grainy' texture. I will go so far as to say the texture of the nyx pore filler reminds me of the natural "gunk" that acne consists of - you know, all those bacteria colonies and dead skin cells - what used to be in that darn scar hole's place originally, ;) Do not be fooled; this is a blessing in disguise :) For this reason, the filler molds to the crevices you put it in.

What works for me as far as application is first to shake the product, squeeze a tiny bit out, and grab it with my tweezerman pointed tweezers. Then, using the tweezers, I place the glob into the acne hole. Once placed, I use my finger to press it in and hold. Sometimes I have to pat it in more, blend and smear a tad - you just have to experiment, but this stuff molds to the divit of the hole and creates a smoother surface. Oh, I use this AFTER putting on liquid foundation, as a last step in my makeup routine.

On a side note, I have recently been introduced to the world of foundation primers, which I must say also help in "filling" pitting acne. Still, I would buy this nyx product again. At first I thought it was overly expensive for the amount you get, and although I still feel this way to a degree, I must admit you do not need a lot of product for the desired effect - it should last along time;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This pore filler works decently but it slightly exagerates any dry patches. I also think its over priced for how it performs in comparison to other pore type products ($14), but in general it does lasts the whole day. There are definitely other products in the drugstore that work better with the same price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: this doesn't stay on my face :( its not too bad but not as even as it used to be. Oh well maybe I'll have to try smashboxs pore filler but until then I think this is still pretty good

WOW.

I love this. I really do. I suffer from pretty bad acne which has now gone down somewhat thanks to getting older and also trying to wash my face with oxy face wash regularly and I have ice pick acne scarring on my cheeks (luckily my forehead was spared of the scarring-at least the ice pick scars) and I was always frustrated with how they would be noticeable especially in the sunlight until my awesome sister bought me this for my birthday! Now it's like the scarring never happened! And I don't need to use too much-well it's not a little but less than the pictures I've seen of others using this product and my skin looked smooth for the first time in forever! ;D

BUUUUT,

(This is kind of important)

you have to use this over foundation! BUT UNDER POWDER. (if you're using a powder foundation then by all means use it under your foundation) I used to hate this because I applied this primer first then applied my liquid foundation and it was like it disappeared

so basically over cream, over liquid, over anything of that type of texture and what I do is press it in, and kind of glide it, think of trying to fill in the pores or the scars you want the product to fill it in but just keep practicing till you've got the results you want

just a side note, I think you might want to let your foundation, concealer, whatever set before you apply this don't go straight into it after you've applied your makeup

(I'm thinking of dusting a tiny bit of translucent powder before applying it and seeing how that works also, hopefully it won't ruin it but I guess i'll have to see)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This isn't a magic potion but for someone who has acne scars (pot holes), I most certainly see a difference. I was truly happy after my first application and after several hours I am happy to say that I didn't see any makeup patches. The price is perfect for the amount of product you get and affect you see just don't expect anything close to a miracle just an above average product that works well to cover any unevenness in your skin.

I used my fingers to apply a small amount to my cheeks then waited a few minutes to apply my foundation. I have semi oily tzone but overall average skin. I do use my blender to apply my foundation so i don't see any streaks or patches.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No. I have pretty dry skin for my age so maybe that's what's going on here but when I use this, it does not settle in. It feels very dry coming out, and I rub it in and it starts pilling up on me. I get it calmed down, wait a second, and add my foundation: DISASTER. My makeup starts sliding everywhere and leaving really weird holes in my makeup. I look like an Easter egg that's been attacked with a wax crayon prior to being dipped. After that, forget it. There's no fixing it, without starting over, because it clings to my makeup but not my face, if that makes sense. I hate this stuff. Maybe by itself with a moisturizer it would be ok but it's still sort of orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by melswag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far one of the best makeup products i have ever purchased! since buying it i've gained the confidence to stop majority of my makeup routine by using this by itself with concealer.
It makes my skin look and feel incredibly smooth and always having struggling with oily skin, this is a godsend. It keeps my face oil free by itself and under makeup and does not remotely dry my skin.
It comes in really handy for nights out where i may not get a chance to wash off my makeup, i don't wake up with my face a mess as it holds really well.
It doesn't really have a smell to it and as far as texture goes it's kind of odd. once on your face it feels fine but coming out of the container, the consistency looks abit off putting, almost grainy. Also when it comes to application of other makeups on top of this you have to wait a while for this to dry otherwise it sort of just makes a mess. I usually put this on and then work on my eyebrows while i wait for it to dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not impressed with this. I've never used pore fillers before and I was expecting it would do a decent job at making my pores look any smaller, but it didn't. In fact, I have noticed it made my make-up look a bit more cakey and uneven in some areas like the nose sides and eye area. In Cyprus this costs almost 12 euro which I feel is way too much for such a mediocre product...shame@@

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Ruth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Does what the name says. This is one of the few products I buy again and again. It leaves a no-color matte finish on the skin and fills in big pore holes in completely or at least partially. Age has disappointed me by causing noticeable pores all over my face, and this product makes me feel much better about that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

They say good things come in small packages. In this case, its correct.

I was skeptical of a product claiming to cover pores and be friendly to other makeups AND sensitive skin. But I was blown away when I actually applied it.

The product is a light color, but doesn't seem to add coloring. It goes on smooth, and so soft!

A little goes a long way too! A small amount (about pea sized) will cover the nose, cheeks and between the eye brows.

It dies quickly and doesn't move when you apply foundation and powder.