November 23, 2014 | 1153 users online

Body Scrubs - Avon - Naturals Ice Cream Scrubs

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I have this in vanilla and it totally smells like vanilla ice cream!!!

*I love the ice crean cone container and can easily get the scrub out.
*The scent is yummilicious!!
*This scrub imo does a very good job at exfoliating. I always notice how smooth and soft my skin feels after using this.

I like the chocolate one too......these scrubs I'd repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this scrub in both chocolate and vanilla. If they stayed at the introductory price then it would be a great buy, but at anything over that i would say don't bother.

The chocolate smells like melted chocolate ice cream, yummy. The vanilla smells like cocoa butter to me, not sure if it's just me or the scrub. The chocolate smells best,

They are both creamy like a lotion and the grains are very fine and gentle. Great if you have sensitive skin. It sucks if you don't though and you are left with either using an exfoliating mitt or using another scrub.

In the end I gave them to my mom who loves them and bought a strong gritty scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon's new Naturals Ice Cream Scrub is available in 3 flavors; Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla. For me, Chocolate was a the clear choice.Avon only makes one simple claim about these sweet scrubs, that the creamy formula will exfoliate skin to reveal refreshed, moisturized, and glowing skin. Pretty simple. I paid $3.99 for this scrub, which was the introductory price. The full price for this scrub will be $8 for 6.7fl oz (200ml), which in my opinion is a dollar or two more expensive than it should be. This scrub was made in the USA. Avon has recently begun testing their products in their Asian markets, but is still not tested on animals in the rest of the world. Consider whether or not you think Avon is being ethical before purchasing their products.
Avon's Ice Cream Scrub's packaging is kinda adorable. This scrub comes in a plastic ice cream cone. The recyclable "cone" is even textured like a sugar cone on the sides, a super cute detail. The screw on lid's label features a photo of scoops of chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks. Nom. Unfortunately the label offers next to no info on the product, except for the name and size. No ingredient list is included with the product, but you can find it on Avon's website, or at the bottom of this review =D. Like many Avon products that come in jars, an air bubble can form, making it appear that you've been jipped on product, but don't worry, it is all in there.
Avon's Chocolate Ice Cream scrub is very interesting. Avon calls it creamy and it certainly is. It has the same look and texture of mostly melted chocolate ice cream. In the cone it looks smooth, like a lotion instead of a scrub. Once you scoop a bit out, and really you don't need much, you can feel the gentle grittiness of the scrub. Though the granules are fine to the point of invisibility, they're definitely in there. The gentle, creamy nature of the Ice Cream Scrub makes it good for every day use, or good for those with sensitive skin who find most scrubs too harsh. I personally use this scrub just about every other day. So are you ready to hear the coolest part about this scrub? To find out why it's called an "ice cream scrub"? It actually feels kinda cold on your skin! Not in an uncomfortable way, just in a refreshing, semi-surprising way. How does that work though? Like I've always stored this at room temperature, so why is it cool? Clearly, it's magic.
Because of the find granules and creamy consistency of this product, it doesn't exfoliate super well, no more than an exfoliating shower gel would, its that gentle. I don't know if this scrub makes my skin glowy and moisturized, but it does keep my skin soft and smooth, and when used three times a week, I feel like I don't have to shave as often. Score. However, this scrub is also pretty stubborn when it comes to rinsing. I never seem to be able to get it all off no matter how thorough I think I've been.
The scent of Avon's Chocolate Ice Cream scrub really does smell like chocolate ice cream! Once again, magic! There is no other explanation. The scent is pleasant in small doses, but it's quite strong and sweet, and has that cold smell to it. I tend to get very bad, near migraine level headaches from the scent if I'm not careful. I have to use it very quickly, or else horrible pain will ensue. That sucks, and it's really unusual for me because I'm not sensitive to scents at all. Then again, I don't really use chocolate scented products very often.
Much like Lush's Whoosh Shower Jelly, I think Avon's Naturals Chocolate Ice Cream scrub is gimmicky. Like many Naturals products, this is likely a limited edition novelty product. It's really not as effective as it could be. That being said, I like the Ice Cream Scrub by Avon. It's neat. I have no idea how Avon gets the smell and texture so close to real melty ice cream; nor do I understand how they make it feel kinda cold. This technology cannot possibly be harnessed by humans. The scent may be too much for those with scent sensitivities. However, the gentleness of this body scrub might be good for those with easily agitated skin. Even if you don't have delicate epidermis, this light scrub is good for frequent exfoliating. I suggest picking it up as soon as possible before it's sold for full price. I would repurchase this at $3.99, but not full price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No