July 30, 2014 | 1103 users online

Eye Primer - Kanebo - Sensai Eyelid Base

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by vanhoppum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to the makeup counter at a local store and asked for an eyeshadow primer. The sales lady showed me this one first and seemed really enthusiastic about it so although I felt kind of 'eh' about the price but decided to try it out.
It's pretty 'eh'.
I have reddish eyelids so I like primers to have a little bit of a concealer-feel to them. This one doesn't conceal at all. It does feel nice and silky when it dries and I thought the shadow stayed quite nicely, even as I sweated in the hot sun, and it didn't crease at all but it was difficult to blend it. I had to really work it in to get it even
The redness of my eyelids also showed through a bit which I hate.
It is very pricey but a little goes a long way, that's a definite plus for me, but I don't think I'll be buying this again because I've used better primers that cost way less than this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a completely useless eyeshadow primer!!
Kanebo blabbers about this product as being a water and silk formula that makes the eyeshadow drawn to the eyelid and makes it look like you just put your eyeshadow on, all day. This I tell you is pure nonsense!!

This is instead a very loose and creamy textured cream that neither covers nor smooths out or brightens the eyelid, nor gives ANY staying power to your eye makeup... If anything it makes the staying power worse than if you would have used nothing under your eyeshadow. Instead it almost immediately makes your eye makeup look like you would have put your eyeshadow on top of vaseline... ;)

Neither does it brighten the tone of the eyelid it basically doesn't make any difference whatsoever, when you put it on... It just over saturates your eyelid, making it horrible for eye makeup.

To be honest, I am not sure what or where I'm going to find any use for this product, but for sure it won't be on my eyelids... :)

If you are looking for a good eye base try either Laura Merciers Eye basics or her new Eye canvas. They really help increase brightness as well as increase staying power for your eye makeup. They come in different shades too.

With this product different shades would not make much difference, since it is completely unnoticeable once applied... ;)

For those of you that are as old as I am, (I'm 44), you might remember that Kanebo many years ago launched a cream eyeshadow, that had almost exactly the same consistency as this in pastel colors. That too was completely useless, and had either any staying power, nor deposited enough color to look anything but just tired an washed out... I'm almost tempted to believe this is the very same formula just revamped into a primer instead...

But for the love of... Do not get tempted into buying this! It is extremely expensive, like all Sensai products, and is nothing but a huge disappointment!