July 31, 2014 | 1975 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Far Away Exotic

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased decants of some L'Artisans that I like, but not enough to spring for a full bottle. Safran Troublant was among them. Fast forward a few weeks and I was puzzled when I smelled Safran Troublant on my mother. I could not figure out how she had gotten her hands on my decant--we live several hours apart. I asked her what she was wearing and she told me that she was wearing FA Exotic. FA Exotic and Safran Troublant share notes of rose, saffron, spices, and a creamy, milky accord. I prefer the execution of Safran Troublant--it's more complex and more unique as it "unfolds". FA Exotic's main fault is one that it cannot really help--it's inexpensive and therefore was made with inexpensive fragrance compounds that inevitiably smell a little wan and watered down. FA Exotic has a generic, ambery heart note that I don't care for, but the dry down is a sweet spicy rose that is on par with Safran Troublant.

In nutshell, it's a relatively unique perfume that makes the most of the quality of the materials used, but it's just shy of being truly special. For the price, it's worth a try. You may love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lolitavanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is the perfect blend of womenly feminine and sweet girly. Fragantica.com describes it as ĘThe fragrance combines notes of mango, spiced chai and mandarin with the heart of saffron rose, coconut milk and jasmine and the base of patchouli, amber, musk and sandalwood┤┤.

To me when you first spray it on I can smell the sweet fruitiness it is not very strong and just right to not over power the floral notes which are also not over powering just soft feminine beautiful. In the dry down the smell is more powdery with I love, and the musk amber and sandlewood come through. The powderiness is very much like Miss Dior Cherie but only the powderiness.

Its a complex perfume with top and basenotes which I was not excpecting from a perfume I got for 11.99 on sale and still very affordable at 20.00. I would by this perfume if it was priced as a deparment store perfume. It is one of my favorite scents and I collect perfumes.

The lasting power is 4-5 hours

I just had to write so much because it just so lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered a threesome of this fragrance a few weeks ago which included the EDT, lotion and shower gel for $15. I just love it!! I'm not great at describing fragrances but, to me, this is a warm amber scent that is laced with spice. So pretty and I already have an order in for another bottle. I hope they keep this one awhile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The reasons I took a chance and ordered FA Exotic unsniffed a new limited edition, are because I am such a fan of the original Far Away and because Exotic contains notes of rose and saffron, which I really like.
FA Exotic is very pleasing and more interesting than other drug store rivals for the twenty dollars I paid for it.
I would not purchase again because I have tons of other perfume on rotation to use.
I'm satisfied with my purchase and feel that this was a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I have been enjoying the samples I ordered of this fragrance, and I look forward to getting the bottle on my next order. The notes are listed as mango, spiced chai and mandarin with the heart of saffron rose, coconut milk and jasmine and the base of patchouli, amber, musk and sandalwood. I really love the spice and mandarin notes. I do not pick up much rose or coconut milk. I do notice the jasmine and the patchouli but none of the notes are over done. The combination of them all make a nice scent for sure. I took away one lippie for the lasting ability though. I hope when I get the full spray bottle the lasting power increases. I will update if needed. This is a great new fragrance from Avon and those who know my reviews, know I do not report this often.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No