October 30, 2014 | 1687 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by genevieve9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what ingredients in this are making me break out, but they are, and I now know it's definitely not something else because other users are reporting the same thing.

Pros:
- I love the smell (it's strong but goes away quickly)
- Texture is nice. I don't find it too oily and it rubs in well and feels great on my extra-dry skin
- Very moisturizing. Gives me a dewy glow. Again, my desert skin lacks this
- Mineral-only sunscreen that doesn't make me look ghostly! It's a miracle

Cons:
- I broke out within a week of use.

Zits, especially in my T-zone and around my mouth area, are dealbreakers. It might be a better winter product, so I'll give it another go in November/December.

UPDATE: I don't know if my skin had to adjust or if the breakouts got better as the weather cooled, but I bumped this to a four...skin looks and feels great! My only complaint now is that it takes a full 1 1/2 pumps to cover my face, and even then, it barely covers it. I'm assuming it will run out fairly quickly because of that—hard to tell how much I've gone through because it's a dark glass dispenser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a smaller bottle of this to try and it really has impressed me. This moisturizer has an amazing smell and I love how it does not have an icky smell to it. This does a good job of moisturizing my skin. That being said it does have a few things that are a little disappointing about it. I found perhaps because of the oil in the moisturizer, this is hard to smooth into my skin. I usually pat a little on each section and then rub it in. Also I have found that this sometimes breaks me out. So I cannot use it every single day. I have a love/hate relationship with the packaging. I like the idea of the glass bottle with a pump. The problem is when it gets to the last little bit of product it is really hard to get it all out. There is no way to cut the packaging to scoop out the rest of the moisturizer. Even turning the bottle upside down I was only able to get out so much. So I like this moisturizer, but do think it could use some improvement.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by piggygirl6487

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: it has a nice smell to it
Hardworking sunscreen
Beautiful packaging

Cons: too heavy for my everyday sunscreen
Made my slightly oily face look like I have been working out nonstop
Really expensive

Overall: not really for teenagers whose faces get oily

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

not a bad sunscreen, it has good ingredients but it doesnt spread that easily, not too oily but not matte either.. it also has a little scent of fragrance, some people may not like that. i prefer the eminence persimmon spf and the epicuren spf zinc sunscreen much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and have been using this product for a few weeks. It is nicely packaged. It absorbs very easily into my skin doesn't feel greasy. However, it does feel a bit heavy for me, and since I started using it, I have been breaking out more. It does have a nice, almost sweet smell which is a plus. It doesn't have the typical chemically, sunscreen smell. It also has a higher SPF which is great too. If it didn't break me out, I definitely would have repurchased. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by akharri785

I didn't expect to like this moisturizer but I really do. It's actually become my HG. I originally only bought this because I really wanted a moisturizer with a high SPF which can actually be harder to find than you'd think. This has SPF 40 and it's always done a great job protecting my skin. I have oily and sensitive skin so I can sometimes have a difficult time finding skincare products that suite my skin type. It gives me just enough moisture without making me oily and it doesn't cause any reaction to my sensitive skin. This moisturizer is rather pasty when you pump it out but it doesn't leave any white cast and soaks in fairly quickly. I typically use a pump and a half because I find anymore than that is too much for me, so I'd recommend to start out in smaller doses and work your way up until you find how much works best for you. I know a few others have mentioned the scent, but the scent doesn't really bother me and I don't notice it at all after a few minutes. Additionally, I like that this moisturizer can be layered under makeup without any issues... at least for me.

As for the cons; for others with truly dry skin, I'm not sure if this would be enough moisture. Other reviewers with dry skin have said it didn't provide enough hydration for them. It also is not actually entirely natural as it claims which I don't like, but it still is more natural than other moisturizers and it also doesn't contain parabens, phthalates, or sulfates.

Unfortunately though, the original formula of this product has been hard to find for awhile now. Rumors say that it's being discontinued and a new, reformulated version is coming out. So I'm not sure how I feel about that. Josie Maran's FAQ page says that they're moving the production of this product to a larger facility due to the popular demand and says it is coming back in an even larger variety of sizes, however it's been about four months since that was posted and I'm still yet to see any signs of it being restocked. Her Facebook page claims it should be back in April.

Overall, I think it's worth a try if you can get your hands on it and have oily or combination skin. I know it definitely seems pricey but a 2 oz. bottle usually lasts me 4-6 months with daily use, rain or shine. I definitely plan to keep repurchasing it if/when it comes back out and the formula is the same or similar.

REFERENCED: https://josiemaran.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200812797-Where-s-the-Jumbo-Argan-Oil-Daily-Moisturizer-with-SPF-40-

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I initially bought this moisturizer for the sunscreen and I really like the apricot scent in it. The only problem I feel with this moisturizer is that it isn't as hydrating as I'd like it's really good for oily skin instead I feel like oily people would appreciate the texture and the non greasy SPF. I've been using this on top of the new version of Clinique ddml+ because I've heard that it's supposed to absorb better on top of the Clinique and it seems to be working out ok for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by flamingoyo

I have been hunting for a great daily moisturizer that had a high sunscreen component for what feels like FOREVER. Everything I would come across would be either below SPF 30, or not broad spectrum, or anti-aging (I'm not quite there yet), made for different skin types, etc... the list went on. I finally stumbled across this beauty, and as I was familiar with Josie Maran before and loved her traditional pure argan oil, I was stoked to try this.
I bought the small travel sized bottle, given that I wanted to take it for a test run in case it turned out it wasn't for me. Even though it's only 15ml, I have a feeling it will still last me a while which is a great bonus! The pump feature is perfect, a pump and a half is enough for my entire face and neck. The texture itself is great: creamy, but not heavy and it absorbs pretty quickly, with no white residue. The argan oil in here really moisturizes my skin, and I love that I've finally included a product into my regimen that not only moisturizes but that protects me from the sun, an ingredient that I've been lacking, sadly..
The only down point, although it doesn't really bother me, is that it does smell a tiny bit like sunscreen, but the scent does not last and is not overwhelming at all.. I find after 20 minutes it's gone, especially after putting on makeup. And given that you're supposed to apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before heading out, this is perfect.
All in all, AMAZING product, especially for dry/normal/dehydrated skin types! Not sure if the argan oil would be too intense for more oily/combo skins, but you should definitely give this a shot if you've been searching for that perfect moisturizing sunscreen. This is my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this!
Not many items agree with my skin (it's oily), but after using this moisturizer after all the others I've tried, this became a holy grail!

It didn't break me out at all, applied smoothly, lovely scent, and the only reason I marked off one Lippie is the cost. I swear everything I love currently has a ridiculous price tag attached, lol

It made my skin so soft, so alive and flawless. It even faded some of my sun spots, didn't clog pores and my skin soaked this up and loved it!

I highly recommend this to those that are looking for a daily moisturizer with SPF protection as well as other benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the big bottle of this after using up 2 smaller ones (they had been my travel ones for vacations). LOVE this. My previous favorite was the Dove Facial Moisturizer that has now been gone for years I guess. This is smooth, light, really makes my skin softer & overall better with each use. Use under makeup, alone or mixed with the Josie Maran highlighter. Just needs to settle into skin a little before applying makeup, since it does have the argan oil component. The SPF is great...have used this in the Caribbean multiple times, and no sunburn! I have skin that tans well but definitely burns when near the equator if I am without some good protection.
The large bottle will probably last me a good year with daily use, maybe longer. Be sure to shake it up now & then...I did have a smaller bottle that started to separate, and eventually would separate on my face :( Also, if you use an oil as a serum/moisturizer (I love coconut oil), I would wait to apply this until the oil has absorbed; that can also cause it to separate on your face. I have read some places that this has been reformulated? I believe that I have a bottle of the original, so can't speak to the newer formulation.