April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse- US shades

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by cawowinnose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

If you're looking for a lipstick with staying power, this is not it, as there is less wax in this than your typical lipstick. It's a nice product because it's conditioning and subtle. This is L'oreal's answer to the Revlon Lip Butter, though I prefer the lip butters because they are more the coverage is more buildable and this product sinks into my lips oddly over time. I prefer to wear this under a matching color of gloss because of the latter quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sheer Linen 181 and I love the fact that it comes out a perfect nude on my lips, it blends well with my skin tone so that could be why it works out for me. You will have to layer this on a few times to get more of the color pay off. It has a glossy finish & it smells yummy, like candy (Jolly Rancher). It is also light weight and feels moisturizing. Great product! only down fall is the price, it should be $2 less then what i got it for since it is a drug store product but thats just my opinion, knocked off a lippie for that reason.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought Blushing Sequins, as that is the one on the promo ad that looks so pretty. I had some issues with it: upon first application, it looks too transparent. Upon the next applications, it wore like a very dark fuschia, instead of getting bright, it got darker. And third, as it faded over the day, it faded unevenly so it looked like I was wearing only lip liner. Gross!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by calixa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

These are my favourite drugstore lip product! The formula is near perfect for my needs - sheer to medium pigmentation, silky texture, lightweight and as moisturising as any lipstick product can be without being overly goopy. Almost all the shades are wearable - my favourites being Pink Cashmere, Rose Taffetta and Sunset Angora - and the packaging is so chic. These also don't have the same intense perfume scent that all the other L'Oreal lipsticks have - thank goodness!!! Love and reccommend, definitely prefer these to the Revlon Lip Butters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a huge fan of Loreal lip colors. At first I thought the $9.99 price wasn't justified, but the more I wore these lipsticks, the more it reminded me of my really expensive YSL lipsticks. These pinks are seriously very similar to the YSL pink colors!!! I got 4 colors. I got Merino Mauve, Pink Plush, Pink Cashmere, and Cotton Pink! These are the most gorgeous girly pinks at the drugstore!!! It's moisturizing. The pigmentation is medium to full. I layer it over lipliner to get longer wearing milage. I absolutely love these! I got all four on sale at Walgreens buy one get one 50% off. Merino Mauve is a perfect neutral baby pink matte color. And the cotton pink is a true matte pretty bubble gum pink. These two are my favorites out of the four. I been wearing both like crazy! Best pink color lipsticks I have purchased in a while. If you love barbie or light pinks definitely check these out! Love the gold packaging too! Very pretty! Also, Pink Plus is a pale pink with lilac undertone. And, Pink Cashmere is a Hot Pink / Strawberry type of pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I noticed these newcomers @ Duane Reade, so I picked up 2 shades for $10.50 each.

I got Sheer Linen which looked like a lovely plum-tinged nude swatch on my hand but on my lips @ home it was a dreadful pasty pottery-clay color that makes me look dead. There was hardly any sheen or dewyness to the texture. It's an awful disappointment & I'll have to refund it.

I took a chance on Cherry Tulle w/o swatching it at all. It's a sweet-looking, sheer cherry red shade that's natural looking on my lips. I like that the color's not overpowering the way many reds can be. It's blue-toned but not too much.It has a dewy moistness but not a lot of shine. It's very lightweight on the lips & appears translucent in opacity. This shade has good mistake-proof application & easy clean-up.

The packaging is okay, nothing exciting, & the cap can be used as a mirror, even though it is goldtone.

I'm not a big lipstick person & I don't like the way the dewyness wears away quickly, leaving behind a matte stain of color which needs gloss applied over it. It's nice that the stain is balmy but the color lightens to more of a rose color, which I don't like. Not glossy enough for me... I think I'll just stick w/lipglosses instead of trying more lipstick colors.

The weightless texture is excellent, however, if you're a lipstick wearer you might like this more than I do. It's not cakey, heavy, greasy or waxy @ all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited to try these. There are a lot of colors, and I was interested in a few. I purchased: Sheer Linen, Rose Taffeta, and Merino Mauve. Sheer Linen was a little too grey in color to be a MLBB color for me. This color is a slightly plummy-grey neutral nude color on me.
Rose Taffeta is a lovely color for me. I'm NC20-25 with green eyes. This is a slightly blue-toned light-medium tone rose pink, and really makes my eyes stand out. I think that Rose Taffeta is like a cross between MAC Syrup and MAC Sweetie. Merino Mauve is more like a light MLBB color for me that also brightens my lips a little. It is a blue-neutral toned lighter pink shade. I got these for $7.99/ea at Target. They are $9.99 at Walgreens and other drugstores, I believe, although they may have the B1G1 50% off deals. I would recommend waiting for those types of deals to give a few of these a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to only pick one shade up to test it out. I bought "sheer linen". Super sheer browny nude color so it definitely gives me a nude lip. Leaves a glossy sheen to the lips. Wouldn't repurchase this shade again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up recently after reading so many raves on the board. I bought the shade Sunset Angora and it's one of the prettiest shades of lipstick I own now. I'd call it coral but probably differs slightly depending on your complexion, at least what I've noticed in reviews here. It's a pinky peach shade on me, definitely leans more pink than peach on my NC25-30 complexion. It brightens up my face instantly and is such an easy shade to wear. It's one of those no brainer anytime lipsticks that you can throw in your makeup bag and grab to breathe new life into your face halfway through the day so to speak. :) The formula is moisturizing and semi balm like but it doesn't sacrifice the color for that quality IMO. Overall a good formula and a great unique shade. Retails for just under $8 @ Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by princess101

These exceeded my expectations! The high shine and moisturizing properties do wonders for my sahara desert dry lips. I cannot wear the revlon lipbutters as they seep into my liplines, the colour riche balms are far too drying and the maybelline tinted balms are so limited in shades that none looked good on my warm but pale skin.

I purchased these in Canada for a whopping $12.99, but I'm sure they will go down in price once they are readily available (ie mass grocery stores).

The shades I own are Rose Taffeta, Angora Sunset and Sheer Linen. I have to say i cant pick a favourite as I love them all. While the lipstick does fade slightly after a few hours, they still keep the moisture in my lips. I look forward to purchasing more of these.