July 23, 2014 | 1581 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Madison Avenue

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I paid the price for these liners in black, brown, and gray, because in the store I put them on the back of my hand and then rubbed over and the liner STAYED PUT with NO SMEARING.

I used the black to tighline on the upper lashline, with this gray on the outer 1/3 of the lower lashline. It looked WONDERFUL, so sexy and made me look younger and eyes so good! You HAVE to try tightlining!!!

It STAYS ALL DAY! Even when my eyes watered from allergies.

I didn't try smudging it, because i wanted a clean narrow line right at the lashline for daytime/work. I suppose the trade-off for such staying power is that it DOESN'T smudge, which is bad, I guess, if you want a smudged look.

For smudged, i'd suggest Makeup For Ever, because they have a liner that is more smudgeable for a few seconds and then sets more to be longer lasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a recommendation from an SA at Sephora who also has very oily skin and was wearing it on his waterline. Sold. He wasn't wrong, the color is a perfect slightly cool dark grey, perfect for fair skin and hazel eyes and very very waterproof. There are however, a few reasons that this does not work for me:

The sharpener provided on the end is useless, it just breaks the liner and gets gummed up.
The liner comes loose in the "pencil" and falls out/breaks.
It's thick and difficult to blend, which is great if you like a defined line, but I prefer a smudged daytime smoky eye.
Pretty pricey, too - for the amount you get, and the fact that it can't be sharpened means that I'll end up throwing most of it out.

I would recommend this only if you can figure out a way to sharpen it, you are really good at applying eyeliner and don't require a smudge-able look, or if you have tried every other waterproof eyeliner and they all run/disappear.

I'm in that last group, but I'd rather deal with the touch ups than buy this again.