November 27, 2014 | 1427 users online

Sunscreen - Ulta - Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 45

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

THIS is the sunscreen I've been searching for!

Usually, lotion/cream sunscreen ends up being greasy, then gritty, and gross. I have NOT found any exception to this rule, and I've used LOTS of different brands.

Even my usual standby, Neutrogena Sport Sunscreen Spray, can be greasy, gritty, and gross after the first application. (It is the least greasy spray sunscreen for body I've found, but it's still not perfect. And, it's getting pricey.)

Last weekend, on a whim, I bought Ulta's Oil-Free Sunscreen with SPF 45. I did a patch test on my hand, and proceeded to shop around, and then headed to another store. I felt NOTHING at all. It barely smelled like sunscreen, and it felt like I hadn't applied anything to my skin. It was PERFECT.

The store had a Buy 2, Get 2 sale, so my friend and I each grabbed 2. It wound up being 4 bottles for about $20. It worked out perfectly, but unfortunately, the price isn't always that way. (Although, the next time I see that sale, I will be buying AGAIN.)

As I said, it hardly feels like I'm wearing anything at all. This is a HUGE plus for me. I have tremendously oily skin, and anything I can do to combat that in the hot, sweaty summer months is important.

I really am excited about this sunscreen.

I do wish it came in a higher SPF, but for now, it is either 15, 30, or 45. I opted for 45, but that's plenty.

Edit: I used it fully a few times in a high heat, high humidity environment. It's okay. It ends up being kind of greasy, and it feels like I've put a waxy coating all over my body... I'm changing from a 5 to a 3. Still a nice sunscreen, but not GREAT.