October 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Liquid Lipshine in Big Apple Spice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by gwenwalls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip gloss! Such a great color; perfect red and not overpowering. Could probably be worn on any skintone. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Soccer11

This is the perfect fall lip gloss! It’s a slightly maroon-ish browny rose with very subtle shimmer. Gorgeous! The packaging is sleek enough to fit in your pocket, but the applicator is a bit lacking. Also it was only 1.77 at my target!!! Steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a really fair complexion (Mac NW 15-20; everyday minerals Fairly Light Neutral). I really liked Mary Kay's lip glos "Fancy Nancy" but it was too expensive for everyday use AND has obvious gold shimmer. The base color was perfect but the shimmer was too noticeable against my skintone for day.

This is a great brown rose shade, slightly darker than MK's Fancy Nancy. The sparkle/shimmer is very subtle and usually looks more "shiny" than "sparkly."

It's thick, creamy, and moisturizing without being too sticky, and it give a nice medium to heavy coverage for a gloss. Most glosses seem to be more sheer. It also smells great - a light vanilla scent.

It may look dark or pink upon first application (especially over lipstick) but the color tones down to a more natural shade after about 30 minutes. The shine and moisturizing last nearly all day. I've gone 8 hours (with al unch break) without reapplication and the color faded a bit but my lips were still soft and shiny.

The price is great - about $3 at big box stores and drug stores - and sometimes drugstores like CVS have buy 1/get 1 50% off deals on NYC.

The only negative for me is the applicator. Instead of a "doe foot," this applicator is very long and the tip is very flexible. This makes exact application a bit more difficult (although some people may love the long applicator). If the applicator were like the old NYC applictors, this would be perfect.

Edit: As of June 2014 -- the color seems to have been taken off the market. It's not longer listed on the New York Color website or offered in stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sugarcookielady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brownish rose color. Medium to heavy coverage for a gloss, not too sticky. Very subtle sparkle. The only thing I would change is the applicator. It is a very flexible foam tip and "bends" too much when applying (even with a light hand). For less than $3, cannot go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

So a few weeks ago I purchased a lip gloss from "Pur Minerals", which I completely loved, but its waay too expensive for a gloss and it doesn't last long on the lips. I was hoping to find a dupe for it. And I found it!
This gloss is beautiful. I saw one of my friend's wearing it at school and I was like "oh my gosh I need that stuff!" So I went straight to target and bought one. This is a gorgeous dark rose shade that is not "shimmery", but "shiny" if that makes sense. It is a very complimentary color to my NW20-25 skintone. It's only around $3, and stays on a decent amount of time on my lips for a gloss. Not sure if there is such a thing as a "HG lip gloss", but this is it!