Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

3.2

Aqua (water), butyrosperum parkii (shea butter), squalane (vegetable), persea gratissima (avocado oil), leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil), calendula officinalis (calendula oil), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, lecithin (vegetable source), citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), vitis vinifera (Vinanza Grape grapeseed extract), santalum album (sandalwood oil), pogostemon cablim (patchouli oil), cananga odorata (ylang ylang oil), benzyl benzoate+, benzyl salicylate+, citral+, d-limonene+, linalool+, eugenol+, farnesol+, geraniol+, isoeugenol+, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyglycerin, Vitamin E. + Component of essential oil

It's interesting to read others reviews and the mixed opinions of this product. It is worth noting that they reformulated this product a couple of years ago. So if a review is 2012, or before, it may not be so relevant.
I had the Antipodes anti-ageing mini's, which is a tube of this night cream & a small bottle of their protein oil, sat in my drawer for months before getting around to using them. When I finally did, I was actually blown away and loved them both. Like all skin care, what works for one person's skin, might not work for everyone. The same for scents, I find the scent quite pleasant & subtle, but it is kind of a hippie essential oil scent, some may love, some may not.
The main thing I love about this cream, is that it is super hydrating and that hydration lasts all day or all night, without breaking me out, which is a rare combination.

Pro's:
Reasonably priced ($20 for mini set from Feelunique.com)
Rich, long lasting hydration that does not break me out
Beautiful, nutrient-rich, non toxic ingredients
Gives the skin a great glow
Keeps my picky skin balanced & hydrated (I use am/pm in the winter)

Con's:
Only available online (as far as I'm aware)
Regular packaging is a jar, which I don't love

This is a staple for me & I can't see that changing. One reviewer said it broke them out. It seems like Shea butter, the second ingredient, does that to some. For me, my skin loves Shea butter. I feel like the manuka honey prevents breakouts for me, as it is anti bacterial.

This is a really nice and rich night cream. I have combination skin and initially I was concerned if this may cause break outs but this cream actually absorbs really nicely and also highly moisturizes my skin. The texture was smooth and creamy. The fragrance was also lovely and not to strong or pungent. Personally, I would use this night cream in winter rather than summer; but if you have a more mature skin, you might like to use this every night regardless of the season.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

LOVE this beautiful soft, hydrating face cream. My skin feels sister and plumper. I use in conjunction with Joyous Protein Oil by the same company. Great combination. Highly recommend. Love the fragrance too

I bought it in london for around 31 pounds which is quite expensive, but my favorite youtuber, Essiebutton raved about it, so i decided to try it out for myself. I acutally thought it would smell like avocado and pears but it smells very herbaly and soothing to me. I actually love the scent! It calms me down and is perfect for a nightcream! It leaves my skin really radiant and plump, but not greasy! I have combination skin, but right now it is normal-oily and it does not make me greasy at all. I have never found it too thick at all, it is the perfect consistensy. I got hooked on the body shop vitamin e nightcream for a while, which is much thicker, and kinda forgot about the antipodes one. One day i read that Cara Delevinge uses this and i started using it again and i fell in love with it all over it again! Much better than the body shop vitamin e night cream, therefore it has proven to me to be worth the money. I went on camp and brougt a bit of this in a travel jar and my friend forgot her nightcream and i borrowed her this... She loved the scent too. She has dry skin. The next morning she ran to my room, she was so exited!!! She said it was the best nightcream she has ever tried and made me tel her what it was called and where she could buy it and so on. She said her dull skin looked radiant and her dry flakes where gone. I have around 5 uses left of my pot now and will order a new one! To sum up, this makes my skin radiant and plump but never oily, and i look forward to my nighttime skincare routine because of the amazingly calming scent. It is worth the money and i recoment it to everyone! <3

I actually like the fragrance as I am a fan of Patchouli and Sandalwood so that aspect of the product didn't bother me as it has some readers.

I am nearly 50 years old and unfortunately this product made me break out with acne. I stopped using it for a while and the acne cleared up. I started to use it again and the acne reappeared in exactly the same places.

For a night cream I didn't find it hydrating enough for my face, it just sat on the top in a greasy pool and I think more ended up on my pillow than being absorbed by my skin.

Very expensive and just doesn't do the job.

This cream has a such a strong scent that I am not sure that I would be able to use it on a daily basis. The scent permeates the ENTIRE room and lasts for at least an hour. Forget putting this on with perfume because the only thing you can smell is the scent of sandalwood emanating from the cream. I only used this on my neck (thank God!) because I would not be able to stand this on my face. Besides that, the cream is incredibly moisturizing and left my neck silky smooth. I prefer the tube packaging as I find it to be more hygienic. I would not repurchase this due to the scent.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I wanted to like this product. I really did. But it is just so hard to love. The first thing you notice with this is the smell. It is like a punch in the face with patchouli and sandalwood. It is insanely strong and lasts for HOURS! Typically I'm fine with scents so I can't even image what someone with sensitive skin would think of this. But what made me stop using this was that it broke me out. Reading reviews I know I'm not the only one here so if you are breakout prone don't even bother with this one!

Sadly, the texture of this moisturiser was really nice. It was light and sunk into the skin quickly but it was very hydrating and made my skin feel very soft.

So if it doesn't break you out and you can get over the smell then I think this would be a great moisturiser. But I think a lot of people won't appreciate this one.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Stinky, irritating and expensive.The same as goes for my review of Antipodes Vanilla Pod Day Cream. Jar packaged (unhygienic and ingredients destabilize once opened) this is heavily scented with essential oils, and with shea butter as the base moisturizer it has a tendency to cause facial acne (which it did) it is greasy looking and heavy feeling on the face, and my whole face turns red after applying and stays like that till I wash it off - that really can't be a good thing. Natural isn't always better for your skin, although I no longer use solely natural face products I would definitely recommend Trilogy skincare over Antipodes. I really wish 'natural skincare' companies would actually research the effects of their ingredients on the skin because quite often these "all natural plant oils" just irritate.

While shopping in my local Priceline, I spotted the Antipodes range on sale for 20% off. Since I was making an effort to 1) Shop local, 2) Shop Organic or Natural and 3) Add a great night time moisturiser to my winter skin care I took the chance on the Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream. This product cost me around $39 dollars for 60mls of product in a really beautiful glass jar. While I don't LOVE the smell, I found that as I sleep at night the smell seeps into my pillow which helps me to sleep! Like Jurlique products, this Night Cream is definitely a product that is meant to be used sparingly. That means that for nightly routine you should only use a tiny amount. I found that if you want to have a really intensive treatment then use a little more and let the product really really sink into your skin. All in all, my skin feels, plumper, healthy and glowing. I'll definitely buy again.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful cream and especially over the winter months. Does make a difference to my skin - more plumped up. This has lasted me such a long time and I love it. Will always have this in my drawer and the fact that it is produced in New Zealand and is 100% organic is a bonus too.