August 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Moisturizers - Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stinky, irritating and expensive.The same as goes for my review of Antipodes Vanilla Pod Day Cream. Jar packaged (unhygienic and ingredients destabilize once opened) this is heavily scented with essential oils, and with shea butter as the base moisturizer it has a tendency to cause facial acne (which it did) it is greasy looking and heavy feeling on the face, and my whole face turns red after applying and stays like that till I wash it off - that really can't be a good thing. Natural isn't always better for your skin, although I no longer use solely natural face products I would definitely recommend Trilogy skincare over Antipodes. I really wish 'natural skincare' companies would actually research the effects of their ingredients on the skin because quite often these "all natural plant oils" just irritate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by farmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

While shopping in my local Priceline, I spotted the Antipodes range on sale for 20% off. Since I was making an effort to 1) Shop local, 2) Shop Organic or Natural and 3) Add a great night time moisturiser to my winter skin care I took the chance on the Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream. This product cost me around $39 dollars for 60mls of product in a really beautiful glass jar. While I don't LOVE the smell, I found that as I sleep at night the smell seeps into my pillow which helps me to sleep! Like Jurlique products, this Night Cream is definitely a product that is meant to be used sparingly. That means that for nightly routine you should only use a tiny amount. I found that if you want to have a really intensive treatment then use a little more and let the product really really sink into your skin. All in all, my skin feels, plumper, healthy and glowing. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by patchoul1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful cream and especially over the winter months. Does make a difference to my skin - more plumped up. This has lasted me such a long time and I love it. Will always have this in my drawer and the fact that it is produced in New Zealand and is 100% organic is a bonus too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Seems to be pretty moisturizing, nothing spectacular and not worth the price IMO. Word of warning, If you don't like sandalwood or patchouli scents you probably won't like this. I can't stand those scents and you can't tell from the product name that it has those in it, you'd have to check the ingredients list. Also, FYI it's really hard to return things, they have a return policy that involves a long list of questions and explicitly says they won't accept returns for dislike of scents. So even tho i havent opened the jar (pkg included sample sachet of the cream so I opened that first) I can't return it! I was excited about the Antipodes brand but I don't plan to buy anything more from them, since I won't be able to return it. Plenty of things to try out at sephora and bloomies where I know I can return if it doesn't work out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by zippywax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first ever review on MUA after reading so many helpful reviews I figured it was time to give back too. This over priced product is not anything it claims.
I had high hopes when I purchased this that it would turn my sensitive dry winter skin around. Instead it broke my skin out and only lightly hydrated it while being a very greasy heavy cream.
You could definately purchase a very similar 'organic' cream in a health food shop for a quarter the price. I did not see any collagen reproduction after over a month of use. I stuck at it as I thought my skin was getting worse before it got better but the better never came. I decided to just use it as a hand cream until I found out that the preservative PHENOXYETHANOL used in Antipodes product is in fact toxic and most likely what has caused my skin to be inflammed. No longer even good enough for my hands.
PHENOXYETHANOL is currently banned from being used in baby creams in Australia as it is toxic to them (then why not for us adults too?) and it is completely banned in Japan in all cosmetics.
Shame on Antipodes for claiming to be organic!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream feels deceptively light on the fingers, but it is actually quite rich and very hydrating. This is very spreadable and leaves a dewy finish to the skin. Anyway, a little really goes a long way which means that the cream actually lasts a while. My skin felt moisturised and hydrated as soon as I applied the cream and my skin was plump and radiant the morning after using this. I'm not too keen on the distinctive pear scent though. It sounds innocuous and I don't know how to describe the scent, but I didn't find it pleasant having that particular smell so close to my face. My boyfriend didn't like the scent either and didn't like kissing me when I wore the cream. In fact, the smell bothered me enough that I ended up using this on my legs instead. The amber glass jar packaging is attractive and as the cream is relatively expensive, I don't mind having it in a jar so that every last bit can be scraped out properly. Overall, if you have dry skin and you're not sensitive to fragrances, then I'd recommend this cream as it's natural, hydrating and effective.