December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Beyond Belief - Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE PRODUCT! BURNED LIKE ACID!

(If I could give a rating of zero or a negative number, I would!)

I used this once and ended up spending 10 minutes flushing my eyes with cold water to try to stop the pain. I followed up with plain saline eyedrop "tears" (though I was producing plenty of my own tears naturally). I tried to go to sleep but the burning kept me awake for at least an hour. The following morning, my eyes are extremely bloodshot.

I've been sensitive or allergic to a few products in the past, but this is the first time I've worried that the product could cause permanent damage. There were only 2 reviews of this product on the Sally's Beauty site. One of the reviewers experienced the same reaction.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by amberlily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Yikes, I agree with the previous review...these stung my eyes like crazy!!! I don't wear contacts & usually don't have a problem with things burning my eyes, but using this product HURT! It made my eyes sting, water & burn...the trifecta of irritation...so these are going in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by besiktas1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh wow, I never thought I'd despise something as simple as a make-up remover. First of all, I paid $6 for these things. They BURN like crazy and I am not sensitive at all to burning products, if they burn I usually just deal with it but this was painful. Thirdly, I don't know if they're really thin pads or if they're thick ones falling apart. I feel like I'm trying to remove my makeup with a soggy piece of really rough tissue paper. And for the cherry on top, they don't take off my makeup. YUCK

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by TrizyDLuX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think these remove eye makeup fairly effectively, but they are rough! They seem to be made of actual fabric rather than papery stuff like Almay's similar product. But the fabric is just kinda abrasive. Ok... I admit these are better than the Almay Moisturizing eye makeup remover pads. But they are more similar to, yet inferior to Almay's (non moisturizing) pads. Ok... I want to upgrade my review. To be completely honest, I reviewed these after receiving a bunch of MAC pigment samples from eBay! In my eagerness to try all of them, I kinda chapped my eyelid trying one after another and cleaning them off many times in one day. Under normal use, these eye m/u remover pads are really good. The abrasive texture I mentioned actually helps to remove m/u and if you dont use a handful of them in one day I dont think they are harsh. I will be buying more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by genius36

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These things are so convenient. All of this line's products are excellent. I love them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2002 11:27:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this today from Sally's. A tub of 50 pads runs $3.99 but they were on sale this week for $2.99. I was very excited to try these because the pads are already wet, which saves me the trouble of having to locate a cotton ball. These pads are a bit too small. I was only wearing eyeliner and mascara today, no eyeshadow, and I needed two pads to remove all of it. Also, these pads are very wet, so I needed to squeeze some of the solution out of the pad to prevent it from running down my cheek. With all that said, it eventually removed all of my eye make-up, but I don't think I'll be buying these again anytime soon.