November 26, 2014 | 1736 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - EverStyle Smooth and Shine Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is unexpectedly amazing for my thick, dry, porous hair. I received it in as an extra in a swap and decided to try it after a shower. I typically let my hair air-dry for a bit after towel drying, then I will apply the styling product and comb through with fingers and then a comb while the hair is still very damp. Then, I use a vented brush to dry my hair with a blow drying nozzle until the hair just has traces of moisture in it, and then I'll switch to a big round brush with boar bristles to finish the job. My hair looks SO good, just with this product alone, but it pairs beautifully with my Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry spray. I was surprised that these two products could "team up" for a sleek, shiny, super straight effect, which I wouldn't get alone from either of the two products. I feel like the Everstyle Smooth and Shine Creme was the "missing link" in my hair routine, and I'm very glad to have it now! I like the consistency of the product, the non-offensive scent, and the way it seems to saturate my porous strands and make them look and feel smooth and shiny (as it claims). I like that it doesn't have a slew of silicone ingredients just dimethicone. I can use a ridiculous amount of this product and my hair will not get greasy or feel weighed down (probably because my hair is very porous and thick). If you've got very thick, dry, porous hair like me and you think you can never get it to feel shiny and silky like I always did before, try this combo! I don't generally like using drugstore hair products because in my past experience, they were all crap for my hair type, but I will definitely purchase this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by germaican88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

For the past few years, I've only been using products that rated "green" on EWG's Skin Deep site but the quality of my hair had decreased significantly (felt rough, positively exploded in even the slightest humidity). So I decided to look for something that rated in EWG's "yellow" range and after reading the reviews here, I purchased this styling creme (and L'Oreal EverCreme Masque, which I wrote a review for as well).

I put this on damp, freshly washed hair, let it air dry, and then flat-iron it (the product claims to protect against heat-styling, which I thought succeeded in). My hair was smooth and shiny but not in an obvious, "I have products in my hair" way, which I like. It was also very airy and full of bounce, and a lot less frizzy. However, I've noticed that if I put this on my hair and don't flat-iron as soon as it's dry (as in, I wait a day or two before getting around to it), it will be more frizzy. So plan to style your hair soon after using this, or else it seems you won't get the benefits.

The smell is light but borders on cloying; however, it becomes quite pleasant once it's been in your hair for a while. I have a lot of hair, but I only use a dime size amount on the bottom half, and a dime size on the top half. Once I accidentally used more, which was a big mistake, as it made my hair and scalp feel so itchy and greasy I had to wash my hair after two days (I only wash once a week). Less is more in this case, even though it really feels like I should be using more.

This product has basically replaced many of the styling products I'd been using, which is both a good and bad thing, lol. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I purchased because someone on the Hair board suggested that it's like Kerastase Nectar Thermique (received a sample in Birchox). I fell in love with the Thermique but not with the price. This cream, alcohol-free, make my hair feel soft and light. If I air-dry my hair, my waves look wavy and frizz-free, not crunchy or greasy. If I blow-dry, it have enough control that I can use a round brush for definition. I'm on my 2nd tube and have a 3rd one waiting in the wings.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff was hard to find, but worth the search. I have very thick, wavy/curly hair that tends to frizz. I like to keep it styled with something that doesn't "crunch" and this stuff really works! It leaves my hair very silky and shiny, and greatly reduced the pouf. It also seems to be helping the curls hold, which is amazing for something so light. I love it and will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CocoJuniper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love. I have fine, shoulder-length hair that gets oily at the roots but gets dull/dry/angry at the ends if I so much as look at a blow dryer. I have tried many thermal sprays (with poor results) thinking that a cream would be too heavy for my fine hair. Not this one! I only need a small amount, and as long as I keep it away from my scalp, it's not heavy and doesn't make my hair greasy. What it does do is protect my hair from heat like no other product I have tried, and it gives me ridiculous shine. It makes my hair so shiny, I just want to hug the bottle and take it to parties and introduce it to all of my friends. Smooth and shine indeed. I don't care for the scent, but I don't hate it enough to subtract a lippie from this otherwise great product. I rated the packaging down because the cap on my tube is wonky and doesn't like to close properly. Not a big deal but thought I'd mention it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have yet to use this as a blow-dry cream but I love this as a frizz reducer and smoothing agent. It really helps to keep down frizz and flyaways for me without feeling greasy or heavy. It has a honeyed vanilla smell and agree that it is basically the same scent as the Evercreme line which I really like too. My hair feels soft and doesn't look dull. I have never tried the Nectar Thermique which some say this is a dupe of, so I can't compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This light non greasy cream is great for my fine dry hair. I use this as a blow dry cream. I use about a nickel size amount and concentrate on the ends and middle of my hair. My hair very smooth and shiny. I'm very pleased and with purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shine cream is definitely a dupe of Kerastase Nectar Thermique. The consistency of this cream is nice and non greasy. My hair drinks this stuff up and the blowout was pretty good. The end result was shiny, smooth hair but it lacked in the moisture department for me. Noticed that I had lot more breakage than usual obviously that's a big NO NO.. Not a big fan of the scent it reminds me of manuka honey. I got this cream at BB&B for 4$ after coupon which is very good compared to Kerastase which comes to 41$ after taxes. I would prefer this cream over the Ciment thermique. But Nectar thermique still rules for me in terms of moisture. Its definitely worth a try for the 4 bucks,nothing to lose here right!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by eyring

I really like this product. My hair is overprocessed and needs something to help with frizz. I've been using Silk Therapy and like the results but I worry about the alcohol content/drying effect. I feel safer about this one, and I like the results equally I think. Also I think it's more forgiving - you use a bit too much Silk Therapy and it turns out greasy looking. I've never experienced that with this. I'll keep using this one everyday, and just occasionally the other.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff for my coarse, mostly straight hair. Without a doubt this is the best thing I've found so far. It really does leave my hair smooth and shiny while killing frizz and poofyness. My hair looks so much sleeker and feels soft and silky. Not greasy or heavy in the least. I use it like a leave in conditioner and apply it to wet hair before blow drying on low (under 120 F) heat. It's really easy to distribute evenly on wet hair. The scent it absolutely fantastic, like honey vanilla sort of similar to the EverCreme line, but heavier on the honey. Total HG! :D