October 30, 2014 | 1656 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Super shine lip gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this lip gloss! I thought it wouldn't be to great because it is on the lower price range (not a bad thing) I just didn't expect much from it. I'm not sure what color I have this in as the sticker has rubbed off, but the color I have is a sort of nude/pinky/mauve. I think this is very nicely pigmented, not too sticky, but sticky enough to stay on for more than five minutes. I really like this!
:) mo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Lorizzle33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this gloss in sweetie, piglet, whimsy, and pixie. All shades are considerably pigmented in my opinion. I'm fairly young so I still appreciate the sugar cookie smell. And the fact that they are sticky is fine by me, if they weren't they would have no lasting power, then I would be spending all my time reapplying lip gloss. The texture is smooth, the only one I found chunky was piglet due to the size of the glitters in it. I found this gloss at marshalls for $3 and had to have it in every color after I bought the first one and tried it. Only downsides are that all of the colors have a frost or shimmer in them, I wish they had made some without, and the glosses are only scented, not flavored, they have absolutely no taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cassytava

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
Long lasting
some colors have great color payoff
brush tip applicator

Cons
Cake batter smell is too strong. It smells like a MAC lipstick, except 10x stronger and sweeter smelling (this might be a plus for some people I guess)

I would not purchase these again because the smell makes me nauseated.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate to leave a really bad review... and on a gloss, but I'm sorry even on sale from Sephora, this was NOT a winner or even a remote bargain. I wanted a lightweight nude gloss. I got this in Whimsy and it's turns out it's a bubblegum pinkish which doesnt show up much at all, so that's not actually a problem, it's the consistency. It's STICKY and I don't get that, it say on the box "lightweight"... yeah not so much. As as far as the yummy cookie dough... ehhhh i can take it or leave it. If I loved the gloss that would be a benefit, since I don't... ehhhh. Not a fan. It's available for swap!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Fresh, great pinkish brown color, but it is the exact shade of my lips =(
I was disappointed that it didn't smell like cake batter at all. I hate lip glosses with that lipstick smell (example: clinique). You are putting something right under your nose, what do they expect you to do??? Tarte lip gloss is better b/c of their smell.
Gave it away to my friend. A big disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i purchased 2 of these glosses in fresh and pixie after having had them several years ago in the same shades. i loved them then, but to my disappointment they have not only changed the formula but the shades as well. fresh was an opaque thick nude that covered my naturally red lips but now looks like it almost clear on me. it no longer has the cake scent/flavor either which to me was a letdown. pixie was once a bubblegum pink but now it is more of a fuschia. these are going right back to sephora.com. im giving them a decent rating because the quality isnt half bad. id give them a 2.5 if i could. they do stay on and they are relatively moisturizing, but the color seems to slide off my lips a bit. i will stick with mac lipglass. the packaging is also not too good because the brushes are poor quality and when you push the applicator back into the tube to close it, the product oozes out of the top and gets messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by najee

I bought this lip gloss and it wasn't as shiny as shiny as i thught it would be mac and urban decay is way better when it comes to lip gloss in my opinion. Packaging was cute though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by vbgurlie5757

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipgloss in 'fresh' earlier this week and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm not really a big fan of lipgloss, because the ones that I have bought in the past either smell funny, dry really fast, are gloopy, or really sticky but this one is none of the above. The hint of color is great and it seems to last a while on my lips, even after eating or drinking. So I would definately recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by dropsofJupiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Love Child, a taupey pearly shine that is very pigmented. I wear it over l/s and this last for hours unlike any other gloss. This color gives amazing sheen and shine. It is thick and sticky, not oily or greasy and yet it does not dry out lips. I don't know what the other shades are like but I love this one and adore the way it looks over pink l/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love! I got Hard Candy Super Shine Lip Gloss in Flirt, Sweetie, and Pop, for $12 each at Sephora. They don't have much pigment (fine by me, I wanted gloss, not liquid lipstick) and do have plenty of shine. Everything about this gloss is five lippies: the staying power, the texture, the gloss, and the SMELL!! They smell like sugar cookes!! Yum! It is a scent which fades after application, though. It is high priced for the amount of product compared to drugstore lipglosses, but for a splurge which makes a person feel pampered, this is just the ticket. Good gloss!