November 23, 2014 | 2170 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain 18 Rose Pastelle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So while I am not one for concealer lips, I did purchase this for two reasons.

Firstly, I was shopping duty-free in an airport, and found some glossy stains for sale at around $25~ish, and this was one of the few colors left. They were $38CAD at home, so I thought, WHY NOT! I purchased them all blind without any swatches.

Secondly, I hardly use this alone. It is a pastel pink, as the name states. It's quite cool. I will use this in conjunction with a darker lipstick OR glossy stain in the center of my lips for either that delectable or destable (depending on how you feel about the lip stain trend.)

It does cover my pigmented lips.

I love it for the purposes that I use it, but unless I did a severely heavy eye makeup look, I would not usually use this on its own. I do own a few other glossy stains so I do like combining them for variances on looks.

It is a leaning cool tone, in which it does clash with my warm toned NC15 skin. That is why there is one lipstick off.

The formula is a winner, albeit slightly drying on my lips, but the staying power is wonderful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I don't know what planet I was on when I bought this. When I put it on I look like I'm lying in my coffin with a layer of Milk of Magnesia on my mouth. Awful. I have no excuse for being an idiot to shell out so much money on something so useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the formula of these, but the color didnít work out for me. It has a lilac undertone that is unflattering for my olive undertones. I will not repurchase this shade.