April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lapis Of Luxury

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Lovely blue, periwinkle-ish color. Applies easily, wears well (several days) with a base and top, and is opaque in two coats. If you can catch it on sale, even better, because who doesn't like to save a buck or two? I use this most on my toes in summer, it's just cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing blue color, love it. Looks great on toes, perfect for summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty color, and unique in my large-ish stash. As pictured, it's a periwinkle cream. The cream finish is such that it's almost just slightly jelly-like to me. I'm not sure if it's my bottle, but mine goes on a bit streaky and require 3 coats to be opaque. It levels itself out pretty well, and it really is lovely. I took off a lipp for the brush-I sort of hate Essie brushes, they're too small. All in all it's very pretty and I don't really mind the extra coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by angelene1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this, it's such a pretty color, it's the perfect summer light blue with just a touch of lavender to it. For me it's definately a spring and summer shade, looking forward to wearing it again! It needs to coats, but stays a good week.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a pale blue that, if putting on more than one coat, can then be intensified into a striking blue on the nails. Perfect for Spring and Summer. Does not go on streaky. I will say that I probably wouldn't buy again because the color, over the months when wearing it, just didn't "wow" me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Mj2012

LOVE THIS ITS THE BEST COLOR EVER. just a little pricey for a broke college girl :/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bhakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This polish applied smoothly and evenly, and I only needed two coats to get full coverage. The wear was fantastic - after a week I was ready to try another color, but other than a little gap around the cuticle, there was no tip wear or chips! It's a very intense periwinkle color and I got a lot of compliments on it. Definitely a good shade for cool toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour on my toes rather than on my fingers. It's a pretty blue for the summer when I wear sandals. I really like the finish on it and it lasts for at least two weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

One of my favorite polishes. It is a very gorgeous color.

On the surface it is a blue with purple undertones. It's like a lilac mixed with a little more blue.

I feel really elegant when I wear it. It's a very classy color that will nab you tons of compliments. Whenever I wear this people always notice!

Totally worth the $8.

Btw you might also love liliacism.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

This colour, to be really honest, didn't appeal to me at the beginning.

Being my second Essie colour, I was definitely not disappointed as Essie does really well with milky colours and I can get a week's worth of wear.

But back to the color, I personally didn't find it as interesting but I got SO MANY compliments on it while I was working. Everybody was mesmerized by the color and said it looked really nice. I noticed on the pictures I saw online, the colour was more indescribable. The pictures were more blue while in real life, the color is a bit more of a blue and purple and green mix..really hard to describe. Everybody that complimented on the color couldn't even put its beauty into words. I was really surprised when everybody said "I love that color" or "I love your nails" because I didn't expect it to grab so much attention. I'm glad I grabbed this at my local Wal-Mart. A good buy if I get so many compliments! Teehehe ~