December 18, 2014 | 1652 users online

Powder - MAC - Mineralized Skin Finish in Light

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm NW13/NW10 for coloring reference. My go to foundation is MAC FB in White mixed with a dab of MAC FB N1. I wanted to try something different with my foundation routine.

The Lightest color in this powder wasn't a bad match. It didn't oxidize on me and held up all day. I didn't have any break through shine. It was easy to apply...althought I found it a bit "dusty" if I press too hard with my buffing brush. The coverage provided was light, but enought to give me that "flawless" look I was trying to achieve.

The downside...after a few great makeup days, this product caused a major break out on my face. When I double checked the ingredients I saw BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE listed. Which, would make sense since it is a mineral based product. I don't know how I missed this ingredient...I can not wear any product that contain Bismuth Oxychloride. It also would explain why all of a sudden, my face felt "itchy".

If you don't have an allergy or issue with Bismuth Oxychloride...then this is a great product. If you do...then hit the ground running...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm REALLY liking this powder. I use it as a finishing powder to my MAC Loose Mineral Foundation. Gives a finished, natural look to my foundation routine. Doesn't settle into fine lines and does not cake up. No break outs either....BONUS!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Loved finish/very pretty
I dusted over TM for a natural not heavy look
had to return because of breakouts but skin is so confused right now I cant say it has anything to do with this product (as it seems anything that touches my face causes issues)
If you are acne prone be cautious
IF NOT def worth a look

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by emilieannaliese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I didn't think that I would be a huge fan of a pressed powder, but now I understand all of the hype around it. This powder stays on all day and you rarely have to re-apply it. The only thing I dislike about this product is that I have fairly oily skin, and I have to re-apply a little more than normal. Overall, this product is really great, and I would buy it again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Caroline244

When I first started using this powder I thought it looked really heavy and cakey, until I realised I was just using too much. Then I discovered it actually gives a beautiful finish without piling too much on. Sadly I dropped mine on the floor the day I got it (I almost cried!) and the top of it cracked (the powder not the case) but I managed to decant it into an old powder pot, which has actually turned out pretty well because now I accidentally have both a pressed and a loose version of it! Overall, a good powder for setting foundation and creating a base for bronzer/blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My summer HG powder. I always use this on top of my foundation -- Chanel Vitalumiere, VitaL aqua, or any of the other's I rotate. I love it over the Vitalumiere because it maintains the light dewy glow of the look. I especially love that I can take it on the road with me -- my loose powders are all amazing but harder to travel with even though I have decanted most of them.

my skin is normal, with a very slight oily T and have not found this powder to be too mattifying... but the truth is I don't want mattifying especially in summer. In winter, I have decided to still keep my face dewy and a little more matte so I am pressing this on with a beauty blender after I apply with my brushes.

I find the color is perfect for me (NC15 most of the time) and the texture of the product is lovely. I have also worn this wet using my brush dampened and the coverage is full on excellent. Hangs on for the whole day too.

will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this a 4 rating, but in reality I would like to give is a 3.5ish rating. Anyways, I use this over my liquid foundation to set it, and normally it looks great and I love the finish. But every once in a while for no reason it will look a little dusty, and if you use just a but to much it will look cakey. I think that with those two things combined with the price is why I gave it a not perfect rating, when I buy MAC I have such high hopes, and this fulfilled some of them, but it's not perfect.

I still love it, and it's worth getting. But I would try it out at the shop first and see how it sits on your face. My friend had similar problems with the 'dusty' effect and stopped using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

There's nothing I love more than venturing out and having a super splurge on makeup, that I wouldnt normally buy, or I know I shouldnt buy. While I have a lot of MAC makeup (definatly a guilty pleasure of mine), I have many similar products to the mineralized skin finish, so it was a splurge to me! I picked up MAC's famous Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder last year, for around $26.50. I use it frequently; it definitely wasn't a waste of money, but it didn't live up to my expectations. MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Powders are often used as setting powders for makeup, but can be used as a light foundation when applied wet (best to use MAC's Fix+ for this). I prefer using it as a setting powder, as I find it gives very little coverage when attempting to use it as a foundation; I like medium-heavy coverage, so if you're looking for something light and natural, you'd love this. The main reason I like this powder, is because it has lasted me absolutely ages! There's barely a dent made in the pan, and I've had it for at least 8 months. I love the packaging; it's simple and sturdy. It doesn't get too worn out and it's able to take a good beating amongst other makeup bag essentials. It's good to use as a setting powder, mainly because of the colour and glow it gives. It makes your skin look healthy and fresh, and keeps your foundation and concealer in place nicely. However, if you have oily-combination or dry-combination skin this doesn't work too well! I find that after an hour, my t-zone is incredibly oily again (especially around my nose) and the powder clings to the few dry spots on my face, and starts flaking off making me look all scaley (especially on and around my chin). I use a mattifying, translucent powder on my t-zone and apply this everywhere else on my face. I find this works alright applied over translucent powder, so it's ideal to pop into my handbag for touch-ups throughout the day. It's a fantastically light powder; suiting fair skin well - unlike a lot of powders out there claiming to be "porcelain", when in fact they make me look orange! It works best applied with a synthetic brush, also. Overall, it's a great powder, it just doesn't suit my skin type. Even after moisturizers for oily-combination skin and using a high end primer, it still doesnt seem to work out for me. It's 100% worth the money; probably one of the best MAC products I own, price-wise. If you're fair skinned and you have a normal skin time (not super oily or super try) and you happen to be looking for a nice powder for Summer, make sure to try this. I am very bummed it doesnt work well on my skin- however I am working on it! It is really hard to find products for my skin- because I dont have one spicifc 'type' of skin. I have a mild-oily T zone, a very dry chin and sometimes nose, normal cheeks. I try to even out the type and tone by using certain products on different parts of my face, but after a while it just becomes too much! So i will keep this in my arsenal of products and hang onto it until I can manage and get a hold of my skin type a little better. Usually when we are in transition of the different seasons, is when it seems to really act up. After a while and when the shift is over with, is when it seems to get a little better.

Overall, this product may not suit my skin right now, but I still love.and plan on using this product in the future. I would reccomend this product to any woman who is looking for a high end setting powder, with an excellent price to go with it. I love that this powder comes in different shades. One of my favorite setting powders (which just so happens to be E.L.F. brand, and pretty cheap) comes in translucent ONLY! I thought that all of them only came in translucent, which ended up being wrong. The translucent works well, but when your being photographed, there is a white cast that appears all over your face, when you are in pictures. Because Mac has shades to choose from, this is no longer a problem. Anyway. Its an excellent product, it suits many different shades and tones of women. I also love that MAC has a super flexible return policy- if you happen to dislike the product, or for some reason it just doesnt work for you, they will always take ot back and either exchange it for something else, or give you a full refund. This is very important to me, I will not shop anywhere where their return policy isnt 100% flexable, because of how hard it can be to get products that suit me and look good at the same time! I give this 5 lippies... it may not have worked out for me, but the product is exceptional... and I will reccomend it over and over!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I first used this product about a year ago with the mineralized liquid foundation that I believe is discontinued. I hated the products! But I found that the liquid foundation was the reason, it would get cakey and not cover. I ended up going through the powder within a month since I had oily skin and the liquid really didn't help.

I'm now using this to set my concealer. I currently use the Select Cover-Up and I use the skin79 orange bb cream. It really goes good with the my bb cream if I want a less dewy look, yet not powdery. It lasts a really good amount of time just setting my concealer.

This is definitely my favorite powder since it doesn't look like powder, it looks like skin and it's really amazing. It's not soo great at oil control but I like that it gives a slight glow rather than major grease faced.

This powder is about 10grams and the dome shape makes it seem like it would have more but the studio fix is 15grams. Just an FYI. I'm personally not so thrilled about that since the studio fix is cheaper and has more product but other than that it's a great product! Oh and it's very sheer and doesn't seem to alter the color of my concealer or bb cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is great! It really does leave a natural look and actually makes me look more glowing and natural than I would be with just my foundation. I'm kind of hooked on it now and wouldn't feel done without it over my foundation. The only downside is that it doesn't keep me oil free the whole day, after a couple of hours I'll be somewhat shiny in the t-zone. It doesn't bother me that much though, I'll just re-apply a bit. Overall it's a really good powder that I'm guessing will be my favourite powder for quite some time!