LUSH Dirty

4.1

on 6/26/2014 3:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Like many Lush products, Dirty soap comes with no packaging other than the paper they wrap it in. This isn't a problem for me but for others it might be a consideration.
I have soap in the shower mainly for the benefit of my boyfriend who won't use shower gel (my favourite is Lush Happy Hippy). It smells somewhat masculine but I also have no problem using it myself from time to time, and use the other half of the bar to wash my hands.
As it's a glycerin soap, I've found that it doesn't get used up as quickly as some of the other Lush soaps I've used - in particular Sexy Peel and Bohemian. This is great for me because it's very expensive here in New Zealand ($7.90/100g).

on 4/25/2014 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Very meh. Smells good only when it's dry then when you lather it, it loses the scent and it does give a minutesimal hint of mint for around 2-3 minutes tops while lathering your skin with a bluish hue. Honestly, skip this.

on 2/12/2014 3:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was a decent soap. I don't think it has a dominately masculine scent, but I could see where people would make that assumption. It's a unisex scent with a faint hint of mint. While it did a good job moisturizing my skin, I find it a bit difficult to get a good lather and the scent didn't wow me like other soaps from Lush have. So I doubt I'll buy this again.

on 1/21/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Needless to say that the smell of this soap is not dirty at all but fresh and strangely minty. Since I love the smell of mint in cosmetics this is a favorite of mine. I don't agree with the other reviewers who mentioned that Dirty is geared towards men. I think this soap is suitable for both men and women. The only problem I have with a lot of Lush soaps is that they dry out my skin but other than that I am really enthusiastic about this one!

on 7/1/2013 8:14:00 AM

I received this as a gift but to me it's better as a man's soap. I love the minty but yet creamy smell but I love more girly smells better for myself. My hubby really liked this and he shaved with it with very good results and sometimes he breaks out on the neck...he didn't! It isn't pure mint the way Ice Blue is, but more subtle and sexy. I would use this on a hot dirty work day, I think it would feel very fresh and clean. Yes, I'll keep this one around!

on 6/28/2013 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lush Dirty soap is geared towards men but I love this stuff. It smells amazing! I was in Las Vegas a few months ago and I went to a Lush store and smelled this in person and flipped. I bought a huge hunk of the soap right away. It has the best minty bubble gum scent. A previous reviewer described it as that and I yelled out "YES! Exactly!" she hit the nail on the head. It has a flirty clean smell. Its one of my favorite Lush soaps and I know I write that about 80% of the Lush soaps I have reviewed but this time I mean it. I love that it moisturizes the skin, I have never used a Lush soap that dried out my skin. I'm not going to lie, this soap is expensive, it ain't no joke. $37 a pound. I always have them cut me a $10-15 piece. It will last me quite a while because I store it in a soap tin and threaten my husband that if he uses it I will beat him to death with a bar of dial soap in a sock, prison style. I know it's selfish but I need my lush soap, I can't be without and my closest store is 90 minutes away and when you order online they make you click a box that says your crap might get melted when shipped and I live in the desert where it's a million degrees outside this time of year. My rant is done, buy this soap if you want to smell minty fresh.

on 5/22/2013 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I would 5 stats for a dirty bloke but it isn't for women in the slightest, it's very masculine smells like a typical harsh cleansing agent. It isn't moisturising at all, but then again I think lush aim this at men so its all good

on 4/8/2013 4:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Dirty is a great bar soap - an effective cleanser and a fabulous scent. The entire Dirty line was designed with your guy in mind, but I find the scent to be unisex - not particularly masculine. The soap has a bubbelgum-y, mint scent that's a great pick-me-up but not overwhelmingly mint like Ice Blue.

on 6/21/2012 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This review is actually for Lush's Dirty Hair Cream. I have very thick, black, curly, coarse hair. I was originally using R&B hair moisturizer, but found it didn't give me that "hold", although R&B does make my hair super shiny, which is why I still use it. However, Dirty Hair Cream is exactly what I was looking for. It's sort of like a mix between hair cream, and mild gel. After towel-drying my hair, I will "skim" the product from its pot, rub between my palms to emulsify it a bit, and run my palms through my hair, scrunching the ends, and twirling my curls around my fingers as a finishing touch. Then I walk away from the mirror to allow for air-drying. Once my hair is about 80% dry, I take a tiny bit more Dirty Cream (less than pea-sized) and twirl it through the curls that need a little more help. The end result is defined, frizz-free hair that is controlled without being crunchy.
The smell is pretty, though unusual, and works well with R&B. Also, I find Dirty Cream makes my hair look great even on not-washed, second day hair. I simply spritz my hair with water, scrunch, and walk away.
Dirty will last a long time, because I only use a finger skim each time I use it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

......I like the scent of " Dirty" ....I lean towards the woodsy herbal scents anyway and I've been told that I carry the smell very well....I didn't remind me of toothpaste at all.... It smell very clean