April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Dirty

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This was a decent soap. I don't think it has a dominately masculine scent, but I could see where people would make that assumption. It's a unisex scent with a faint hint of mint. While it did a good job moisturizing my skin, I find it a bit difficult to get a good lather and the scent didn't wow me like other soaps from Lush have. So I doubt I'll buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Needless to say that the smell of this soap is not dirty at all but fresh and strangely minty. Since I love the smell of mint in cosmetics this is a favorite of mine. I don't agree with the other reviewers who mentioned that Dirty is geared towards men. I think this soap is suitable for both men and women. The only problem I have with a lot of Lush soaps is that they dry out my skin but other than that I am really enthusiastic about this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift but to me it's better as a man's soap. I love the minty but yet creamy smell but I love more girly smells better for myself. My hubby really liked this and he shaved with it with very good results and sometimes he breaks out on the neck...he didn't! It isn't pure mint the way Ice Blue is, but more subtle and sexy. I would use this on a hot dirty work day, I think it would feel very fresh and clean. Yes, I'll keep this one around!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lush Dirty soap is geared towards men but I love this stuff. It smells amazing! I was in Las Vegas a few months ago and I went to a Lush store and smelled this in person and flipped. I bought a huge hunk of the soap right away. It has the best minty bubble gum scent. A previous reviewer described it as that and I yelled out "YES! Exactly!" she hit the nail on the head. It has a flirty clean smell. Its one of my favorite Lush soaps and I know I write that about 80% of the Lush soaps I have reviewed but this time I mean it. I love that it moisturizes the skin, I have never used a Lush soap that dried out my skin. I'm not going to lie, this soap is expensive, it ain't no joke. $37 a pound. I always have them cut me a $10-15 piece. It will last me quite a while because I store it in a soap tin and threaten my husband that if he uses it I will beat him to death with a bar of dial soap in a sock, prison style. I know it's selfish but I need my lush soap, I can't be without and my closest store is 90 minutes away and when you order online they make you click a box that says your crap might get melted when shipped and I live in the desert where it's a million degrees outside this time of year. My rant is done, buy this soap if you want to smell minty fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

I would 5 stats for a dirty bloke but it isn't for women in the slightest, it's very masculine smells like a typical harsh cleansing agent. It isn't moisturising at all, but then again I think lush aim this at men so its all good

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Dirty is a great bar soap - an effective cleanser and a fabulous scent. The entire Dirty line was designed with your guy in mind, but I find the scent to be unisex - not particularly masculine. The soap has a bubbelgum-y, mint scent that's a great pick-me-up but not overwhelmingly mint like Ice Blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by boop1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is actually for Lush's Dirty Hair Cream. I have very thick, black, curly, coarse hair. I was originally using R&B hair moisturizer, but found it didn't give me that "hold", although R&B does make my hair super shiny, which is why I still use it. However, Dirty Hair Cream is exactly what I was looking for. It's sort of like a mix between hair cream, and mild gel. After towel-drying my hair, I will "skim" the product from its pot, rub between my palms to emulsify it a bit, and run my palms through my hair, scrunching the ends, and twirling my curls around my fingers as a finishing touch. Then I walk away from the mirror to allow for air-drying. Once my hair is about 80% dry, I take a tiny bit more Dirty Cream (less than pea-sized) and twirl it through the curls that need a little more help. The end result is defined, frizz-free hair that is controlled without being crunchy.
The smell is pretty, though unusual, and works well with R&B. Also, I find Dirty Cream makes my hair look great even on not-washed, second day hair. I simply spritz my hair with water, scrunch, and walk away.
Dirty will last a long time, because I only use a finger skim each time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by chococatbeauty79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

......I like the scent of " Dirty" ....I lean towards the woodsy herbal scents anyway and I've been told that I carry the smell very well....I didn't remind me of toothpaste at all.... It smell very clean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a dirty little secret............I am a closet soap sniffer.

I didn't like this soap when I first tried it but now I am totally addicted to it.

I keep this soap on a shelf in my walk in robe because it makes the room smell so good and every time I walk in there I find my self picking up this soap and sniffing it!

I just LOvE this soap..............

Dirty is described on the LUSH website as

"A blue bar of Dirty soap, for when you want a quick wash that will leave you smelling of spearmint, sandalwood, pine and oakmoss."

It just does something to the senses and makes me go Aahhhhh