October 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Color in T53 Cool Medium Brown

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by salutishi

I bought this product in 60 - Light Brown. A LOT of hair fell out when I got out of the shower and ran my fingers through my hair. It was not damaged to start with (although naturally thin and a bit dry) and I hadn't dyed it in almost 6 months. I definitely would not recommend this to anyone who doesn't have industrial-strength hair.

The colour is even and turned out as expected except it didn't cover the very few greys I have.

I wouldn't try this again as I don't want to turn bald.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying Sublime Mousse and 10-minute hair color, this is my go-to hair color. I got mine in Moonlit Medium Brown in the Tortoise Shell cools collection. I have to say, I absolutely love how this has left my hair. It completely toned down the overly red tones and merely enhanced them and made my hair a bit darker, exactly the results I wanted. My hair feels and looks like silk, it did not tangle, no hint at all of dryness (my hair tends towards this) and highlights galore. I am just hoping that the color lasts long enough to continue to enjoy. My hair looks reborn and has a new lightness and multi-dimensional shine as promised! The other reviewers are right, this is very true to the color on the box. My new HG hair color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent product, I was deciding between this color and #45, bought both and did strand tests, #45 was a nice rich chocolate, not dark at all, it had a slight touch of reddish, bronzy, caramelly, roasted coffee bean color, super nice, then did #T53 and since the color matched the rest of my hair (currently medium brown) I went for it and left it on for 30 minutes, the color came out just like a dark chocolate bar with a beautiful warm tone (my hair pulls red no matter how ashy the color is) also took away brass. It warms my level 4 dark ash brown hair pretty well with no red, will probably do #45 in a few months because it looked very pretty too. No dryness, patchiness, frizziness, just beautiful shiny chocolate hair. The smell of this dye is extremely strong and I didn't care for the conditioner.
EDIT: 12/28 Natural Instincts faded in a month so it was time to color, used today T53 on lengths only and came out great, same color from root to tips, no black ends, hair does feel slightly drier and less shiny. Washed my hair and didn't even need conditioner, hair is mega shiny and soft with lots of highlights, it was the Feria conditioner that made my hair horrible.
EDIT:01/06 Been noticing that I have a ton of split ends, I remember that I had the same problem back in 2008 when I first used Feria.
EDIT Oct 2014: tried this color again after many fails with other brown dyes and it came out beautiful, the first time that I used it I was blonde so it came out exactly as the girl on the picture, this time on natural hair it came out different but you can see the beautiful brown color, hopefully the more I use it, the ashier the rest of my hair will get since I used this to cover orange roots and funky brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by elektra805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this color twice now and it's my absolute favorite. I have black hair(natural) and after using l'oreal T53, they are a rich medium brown.The color is amazing.Love the conditioner(included) .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I am a natural ashy blonde who has been dying her hair varying shades of brown and black for the past 4 years. I haven't had black hair since last year, and I doubt I'll go back. After highlighting my hair at the start of summer to a dark blonde shade, I went back to chocolate brown in July. I have not colored my hair since (except root touch ups).
I went to the drugstore with the intention of purchasing a deep black shade again and instead found myself drawn to this. Now, I used Feria back in high school when I was a blonde (shimmering diamond, I think?), but not since my hairstylist warned me that Feria is a metallic dye and I shouldn't use it. Well, I shrugged that advice off and bought it anyway, and I'm pretty glad I did!
My hair was already dark, so I can't say that this color made a tremendous difference, nor did I expect it to. I was really looking for some shine, depth, and maybe a little darker shade. I got almost exactly what I was after! I say almost because unfortunately my roots are still a bit lighter than I would like. I guess I'll just have to saturate them with a touch up later.
This left my hair shiny and quite soft and manageable. The most noticeable difference between this and some other box colors is the smell. As in, this just smells like shampoo. I don't have that chemical smell you usually get after at home coloring. Also, it rinses very easily and leaves your hair soft, not a tangled, dry mess.
Overall, I would say this is a pretty good at home coloring product, but don't go crazy with it. Meaning, if you have dark hair, the light blonde is not going to make you look like Blake Lively, and if you are blonde, don't get all crazy trying to look like Sophia Vergara. Drastic color changes are best left to the pros! But, if you want to deepen or enhance your color within a few shades of what you already have, go for it!
Oh, and one more thing....this is a metallic dye and may not interact well with previously used color. If you recently colored your hair (like, within 3 months), I would call the number on the box and make sure you won't ruin your hair.

***update*** I will never use this again and have removed 3 lippies! Why the change? Well, it is now 5 days after I colored and my hair has NEVER been so dry and full of static! I have used almost every commercial hair color on the market and this has never happened before. I read something online about possible metallic ions causing this. I don't know if that is true, but what I do know is that I now am leaving deep conditioner in my hair all day this weekend and not washing in an effort to condition and strip some of this product out. I am astonished at how bad this is, and pretty pissed now that I didn't heed my former stylist's advice!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This haircolor is from the Tortoiseshell Browns collection, and it's supposed to reflect the colors found in tortoiseshell. I was torn between trying this one and going with my good old reliable Excellence Creme, but I couldn't stop drooling over the gorgeous brown color with multidimensional shades of amber & honey. I used it right away because I was dying to get rid of some old red color. Upon processing the color looked very dark, almost black. However, when it was done = WOWZA! A gorgeous brown that was very true to the color shown on the box. Now it's two weeks later and I haven't had any fading or brasiness/red. This shade is doing wonders for my skin tone (NC35) and my eyes! Love it and will continue to use. I'm surprised there's no other reviews for this, it's soooo beautiful, just take a look at the pic. There's a $1 off coupon on the L'Oreal website for it, so go try it!