December 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - SuperStay 14 Hour Lipstick in Beige For Good

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by MaggieJay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have pined over this lipstick after reading about it and finally I purchased it and at first I felt like a kid with a new toy. I opened it, looked at it, tried it on my hand and everything was glorious.

Until
I opened it. The quality is much, to me, like Wet n' Wild's lipstick in texture and endurance. But unlike the $3.75 Wet n' Wild, where the color can be worth the wariness, this color looked grey and overall terrible. After wiping the majority of it off, it was an okay brown-ish color that I found acceptable. Still, it is sticky and tastes/smells awful.

Overall I was very disappointed, I have been impressed by Maybelline before, but this is NOT one of those times.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the consistency and feel of this lipstick, but the color was absolutely terrible for me. It looked almost grey on my lips, definitely not the look I was going for. I removed it almost immediately after trying it on because of how terrible the color was so I can't say much about the staying power. I can say that it did not catch on any dry patches on my lips and it was very smooth when applied. May consider purchasing a different color and giving that a shot, but will definitely not be buying this shade again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit-tried this with an essence nude lipliner to shape the lips, and maybelline color elixir gloss in nude illusion: perfect glam nude lips!

Mandy mann's review is correct, it is the PERFECT neutral. If I could find this exact colour in another lipstick formula, I would get it.

The problem is 1. It smells toxic. Like rat poison masked with a fruity air freshener. I don't trust anything that smells that poisonous coating my mouth. It also makes my throat (gland) start hurting (slightly) for some reason. I only recently noticed this. it is a very slight throbbing pain but if i pay attention it IS there. The problem goes away whenever I remove the lipstick and returns when I put it on again. Perhaps i am allergic to an ingredient in it, or perhaps the formula is as toxic as it smells.

2. Drying. A longwearing lipstick is inevitably drying. This one is not bad compared to most other long lasting lipsticks. However because this shade in particular is so muted and beige, when it dries your lips, just slightly (it isn't too bad) it looks worse than if you had no lipstick on and chapped lips. So if you plan to leave it on all day, it will look much better with a balm or gloss on top. It will make a good 'base' for any nude gloss. I actually like how matte it is on its own though

I am undecided about repurchase. The colour is extraordinarily beautiful and flattering. The finish is better than other long lasting lipsticks. I was told by a lady just the other day about how perfect it was for my colouring. However I may be allergic to something in it and I may be better off purchasing a dupe for this colour from another product range.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I bought this lipstick looking for something long lasting and natural looking, which it is both.
Don't fear about the dreaded "foundation lips" with this, even if you have a deeper skin tone. It's not a true beige I would say, there are undertones of some mauve pink, very very subtle though.

Packaging:The reason I give this 3 stars is because how misleading the packaging is! It looks like a full tube of lipstick but you only get product less than the length of the white cap(roughly 2 cm of lipstick!!), and the actual stick is quite thin, so I took 2 lipsticks off.

It is long lasting, quite creamy, I can only compare it to the 24 hour lip color with the double end. The lip color is very drying, this lipstick is not as drying, but there is still some dryness to it - but I find this worth it for the long lasting nature.
The price is retailed roughly £7, which is ridiculous for the actual amount of product you are getting, I would understand if it was the full tube of lipstick.

I do love maybelline's lipsticks this is why I still rate it 4/5, but I feel like I'm getting played a bit with the packaging, it's misleading.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have tried the other long lasting by Maybelline and neither of them lasted more than an hour and even less if you eat or drink anything. Better as just a regular lipstick. Nice beige color. Def would NOT repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by tristinbrittany

This is my favorite lip stick right now. I purchased 6 colors because the lasting power, and lack of dryness (like other long lasting lip sticks) is amazing. It is the least expensive at Walmst fyi.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lipstick did not impress me. It is tacky after applying. It does have a nice, light strawberry scent to it. I applied it lightly after breakfast, had a cup of coffee, and the lipstick was on my cup instead of my lips. Ok, so I applied a little more, a little heavier after lunch and had a cup of tea. By the time. 4 hours later I looked in the mirror - no lipstick. My conclusion - 14 minute lipstick, not 14 hours. I am going back to the 2-step color-stay type lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice shimmery undertones, a great feel of sensation after applied, it lasts for many hours, but I'm pretty sure affter eating and drinking along with the hours passing by it would need a reply by hour 8. I like this lipstick, it's true to the color, and it doesn't smear and come of after 5 minutes of application lie some cheap lipglosses surely do. The only downfalls are - way too much money, and not moisturizing enough, otherwise this would get 5 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by croatiansweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay.. I did not buy this color i bought the bright pink/purple color. But this lipstick surprised me. Not only does it have awsome staying power like it claims.. it also smells good.. the pink one had a slightly sweet spicy smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This drugstore gem is a great find! It's the perfect neutral: a natural lip look with no hints of pink, orange or red. I myself wear it as a base for my shimmery brown glosses that I love to sport in the summer.

Straight from the tube, it applies smoothly and easily. Pair it with a deep smokey eye look to work the ying with the yang. It is long wearing but doesn't dry your lips out!