July 30, 2014 | 2144 users online

Loose Powders - Cinema Secrets - Ultralucent Setting Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in no color and soft custard. I love that they're vegan and have no talc. The powders are very fine and fragrance free. However, they don't really keep me shine free that well. The soft custard isn't yellow like Ben Nye Banana powder, which I was hoping for as the Ben Nye has talc in it. The no color is truely colorless just like RCMA colorless powder(which I also prefer). I will no be repurchasing, although I do LOVE their cream foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

Very finely milled. Colourless as claimed. I prefer this to the Ben Nye neutral set, as the finish is a touch more matte, less detectable, and if applied properly [rolled onto the skin with a velour puff (then dusted off)], particle for particle it also lasts longer. The container is a bit more handy as well. There is a sifter included allowing for dipping and tapping off for just the right amount.
Both powders list talc as their first ingredient. However, Ben Nye has aluminum hydroxide second, while Cinema Secrets lists rice starch. As far as these (antiperspirants) go, aluminum hydroxide is quite low on the hazard scale, provided you aren't applying it like crazy in sweltering hot climates, giving it a chance to react. As for the latter rice starch, it just straight up helps you fight acne, naturally. The only "may contain" disclaimer Cinema Secrets lists are titanium dioxide and iron oxides. Have no fear, the dreaded combo of flashback hell is in too low of concentrate, so you'll photograph well, candid to HD.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by OrganizedTourist

I use this setting powder with the foundation. They have different kinds from colorless to ones with a slight tint. I use Soft Custard for my fair/medium skin and it helps set the foundation nicely.

The package is simple and pretty cheap looking but the product itself is great! It helps me stay non-oily and keeps my skin feeling matte all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Cinema Secrets offers a very good, standard setting powder that is very fine ("triple-milled") and very matte. It's talc-based, and it has kaolin as an antiperspirant. It comes in colorless, but it also comes in several sheer shades. Currently it's one of my preferred matte powders. The no-frills plastic tub gives you a massive amount of product but no puff. It's good for times when I want my face to look super matte--other times I'm fine with the satiny finish of Lunasol, Suqqu or Koh Gen Do. I'd repurchase.