MAC Extended Play - Endlessly Black

4.2

on 4/10/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my ultimate, go-to product. I always have atleast two in my kit. Holy grail item for sure.

The formula is a clay base so once it dries it really stays in place. It doesn't flake, smudge or get clumpy. I love letting it dry just a touch and then adding a quick second layer to really bulk it up and add volume. I have oily skin and long, curly lashes so I have had a lot of trouble in the past with smudging but not with this mascara!

The brush is the perfect size! It is very thin and long. It works wonderfully for those with thin lashes. The tiny brush can really reach in between each and every lash and coat it. If you can't seem to fall in love with it for your top lashes then try it on your bottom lashes. It's amazing!

I have tried many mascaras in the past ( MAC's zoom lash, haute&naughty, In Extreme dimension ... Diorshow, Buxom) and this one is by far my favourite. Honestly $20 (Canadian) for a mascara is not that much these days. Especially compared at Diors $35-$45 mascaras and typical drugstore mascaras coming in at $10-$15.

on 2/17/2015 10:20:00 PM

My second favorite mascara (first one is max factor false lash effect). This is best for dramatical look.

on 12/21/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for me. Yes, it is expensive but it's worth it. I love the skinny brush. It is so buildable without clumping and holds a curl. Doesn't smudge either, just a wonderfully perfect, simple mascara. I will for sure buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My current go-to mascara! I've tried a couple of other MAC mascaras as well as a ton of drugstore brands and the cult favorite, the Diorshow. I think this one works the best. It separates and lengths my lashes and it stays all day long. It doesn't smudge and it hasn't flaked off at all on me. It also washes off easily so I don't have terrible raccoon eyes every night! Love this mascara! And it's pretty amazing for the price.

on 10/2/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was desperate for a mascara that won't flake or smudge on me. I was at Mac purchasing other items and asked for a mascara that would last on my lashes and not give me dry brittle spidery lashes that I usually get from waterproof formulas. The MA gave me this one. It is a very wet formula and gives me length and definition. I like the small brush as it finds and coats every lash. No volume with this one unfortunately but since it does everything else that I need I am very happy with my purchase. Plus it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Removal is easy with the Mac cleansing oil.

on 7/20/2014 3:25:00 PM

I don't understand the negative reviews. Anyways... This is absolutely perfect for your bottom lashes! It separates and lengthens. The wand makes it so easy to really get into your lashes! I also use this for my top lashes, but I always layer it with something like MAC mascara in Plushblack after. I've never had any problems with it flaking throughout the day. I've also never had any problems with washing it off! Definitely will keep buying.

on 7/4/2014 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'm sorry but no.Why does MAC keep making such horrible mascaras? The only good and descent mascara I had used from MAC was Studio Fix and it was discontinued.
This didn't work for me.I was so excited to buy it because I kept reading all these rave reviews about it and I thought why not?-despite my traumatic experiences with other MAC mascaras (haute and naughty).
At first the packaging is really cute and reminds me of summer.The wand is quite small and I thought small therefore more handy.But no.The brush is so freakishly thin and tiny -not to mention toooo hard- that it is not so easy to handle and when applied it does not volumize my lashes at all.Not just a little bit.I have really long and thick eyelashes but they're straight and I need a mascara that gives me lots of volume.This did nothing except coating my lashes black.The only good thing about it is the rich black colour.My eyelashes are blonde so I need a good black mascara for them to show up otherwise it looks like I have none.
No more MAC mascaras for me.

on 6/14/2014 10:26:00 PM

I liked this mascara until I had to take it off.
The woman at the Macy's counter told me this is a tube mascara. Unlike other tubing mascara, this did not come off in tubes or flakes. Instead when I washed with my usual cleanser, it smudged under my eyes and stained the skin there. I had to dig out an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. Even with the oil, I had to really scrub under my eyes to get it off.
Also, unlike other tubing mascara, this is not at all waterproof or water resistant. I ran through a sprinkler and got a few drops of water on my face and the MAC mascara ran under my eyes. I could go swimming with my Blinc and Clinique tubing mascaras and they didn't come off.
I will stick to mascaras that are truly tube mascaras--that come off in warm water and wash away with no scrubbing.
Due to the difficult removal issues, I will be throwing this tube out. What a waste of $16.

on 5/20/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Without a doubt my favorite mascara! I use this almost every day and have been for about four months. I love the way this applies, very very rarely clumps and never looks like you have too much on. I have fairly long lashes and this emphasises them beautifully without a false lash effect, which is something i prefer to avoid. Great, narrow brush so easy to apply with precision without getting it all over your face. Will happily repurchase.

on 4/4/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is, and has been, my go to mascara for two years now...since its release. First the brush is VERY tiny. Which I love! it allows me to get every single lash, and absolutely no clumping, EVER! My lashes are insanely long but very thin..so they clump very easily. With Extended Play that has never been an issue. Another bonus is this mascara coats your lashes in little "tubes" so no flaking or smudging. Even when working out/sweating. I use this everyday, but in different ways. For a more natural lash look I love to layer two coats of Extended Play for a soft length and volume. When I want to do a dramatic "false lash" look I layer this under a volume boosting mascara. My go tos are MAC Opulash, or good old Loreal Voluminous. This is one of the few department store mascara I find to be worth the investment! I would say a tube of this last me 5 months, with daily use, which I don't think is bad. If you have long, thin lashes this is definitely worth a try. Nothing else I've found defines quite like this. Which is important when laying so you don't have the dreaded "spider lash".

Top Rated MAC Products