November 23, 2014 | 1644 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Special Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW! If this just isn't the most perfect dark brown eyeliner for a no-makeup or natural look, I don't know what is. So natural looking and it just glides on. I press just a little on or between my upper outer and lower outer lashes and with a slight smudge, bingo - wide eyes, thicker looking lashes in an instant, without even applying mascara. I was looking for an alternative to black for a more natural look, and this IS it. Will repurchase. Laura Mercier is pricey, however, her products are always a hit for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good deep brown with more of an ashy leaning neutral base than red. Not as green based as BB's Espresso e/s, this is closer to a true neutral and not as dark. Does not always apply as smoothly as I'd like, so I have to resharpen and sometimes warm it up with a hairdryer or pass through a flame. Hard enough to hold a crisp point and apply with said fine point without wearing down too fast and requiring me to resharpen. I have the best luck when I layer my products. So either a cake, her caviar or a powder to tightline with (gels always end up too goopy, but work when in a rush), then i'll layer thispencil with a powder and it works for a softer line. Tied neck-and-neck with my Lancome Black Coffee for what I'll reach for. If you are looking for a well pigmented, neutral brown non-waterproof pencil that can hold a point, this is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ceen

(i) Colour: impressive, deep chocolate.
(ii) Consistency/formula: firm, which aids precision lining.
(iii) Performance: glides on, reasonably long-lasting.
Last word: useful, subtle alternative to black; worthwhile purchase.