Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil Free Energizing Gel Cream Moisturizer

4.3

aqua⁄water⁄eau, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl gluceth-20, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogentated polyisobutene, glycerin, perfluorodecalin, tocopherol, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, coffea arabica (coffee) seed extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, jojoba esters, cetyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, silica, dimethicone, angelica archangelica root extract, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) peel extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, pongamia pinnata seed extract, tocopheryl acetate, polysorbate 80, laureth-7, hydrolyzed jojoba esters, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, glucose, dicaprylyl carbonate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate⁄vp copolymer, butylene⁄ethylene⁄styrene copolymer, ethylene⁄propylene⁄styrene copolymer, carbomer, polyacrylamide, alcohol, benzyl alcohol, 1,2-hexanediol, tin oxide, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, disodium edta, hydrolyzed soy flour, bht, o-cymen-5-ol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), fd & c blue no. 1 (ci 42090).

on 5/31/2015 3:11:00 AM

i love this moisturizer. i have oily-acne prone skin, and this moisturizer doesnt break me out or make me oily. it sinks into my skin and keeps me hydrating without over doing it. butt i recently stopped buying it because a review from paulas choice beautypedia scared me. it stated that this moisturizer actually causes skin to age faster because of the oxygen ingredient it contains. i have tried researching about it and so far havent found anything that finds this true.... soooo since i cant find any other moisturizer to my liking, i am going to go back to this one :).. if u have very sensitive,oily, acne prone skin, i definitely recommend this.

on 5/26/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great moisturizer, my go-to in the summer. It's very lightweight and is perfect to wear under makeup. My skin is super sensitive and it didn't break me out (a rarity). However, I would only recommend this to those who have oily skin because I imagine the formula would be drying if you don't. It can be a little drying on me and my skin is extremely oily!

on 3/12/2015 1:14:00 PM

This moisturizer is very hydrating, fast absorbing and leaves my skin so soft! I find that it's better suited to summer as opposed to winter. I used it all of last winter and found myself having to apply a lot more then I would have in the Summer, and since it's not an inexpensive product that's not the best of ideas. I use Hope in a Jar for the Winter, but this is awesome for warmer weather!

on 12/25/2014 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like the texture and lightweight feel of this moisturizer. That's really the draw for me. Because I have combination skin, I pat an additional moisturizer over the drier areas of my face. This works out OK. That said, for the money I don't think I'm getting something extraordinary. At the end of the day this is nothing more than a decent lightweight moisturizer. I have not noticed a change in skin tone, breakouts, skin texture, or anything else while using this.

on 7/31/2014 11:41:00 PM

I think there are 2 versions of this gel moisturizer, one with SPF and one without. I am using the whipped gel without SPF that comes in a jar versus a tube.

I had been experiencing some hormonal breakouts that were exasperated by dry, wind burnt skin that caused my skin to over-produce oil in compensation and made the cystic breakout stay inflamed. It seemed like I would never get it all under control and even my favorite products were failing me with this issue. I took to puncturing Alleve gel caps and smearing them on the cysts which helped tremendously with the inflammation and Visine helped with the redness but the cysts would not dry out and my skin was so oily.

Finally in desperation I purchased a gentle cleanser for acne prone skin but first washed my face with Philosophy Purity Made Simple with my Clairsonic, to remove all traces of makeup. After using the acne cleanser I would wait about 20 minutes and then apply Take a Deep Breath gel moisturizer. It hydrated my skin without any greasiness and kept my skin hydrated for 10-12 hours. The acne cleanser dried out the cysts and this moisturizer kept my face nicely hydrated and balanced. I have continued to use it as my summer moisturizer, it is light in texture and my skin drinks it in and stays plumped and hydrated.

I have stayed away from the other version due to the chemical SPF and how my skin reacts to anything but mineral sunblock. If not for this weird sensitivity I would totally use it and eliminate the need for using a separate SPF. Those reviewers that complained of breaking out might want to try the non-SPF version, they may have developed the same type of sensitivity to chemical sunblock that I developed over time.

on 4/26/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought this two or three times now. I rotate between this and HIAJ but prefer this one. This clears up my acne, feels great going on, and soaks right in. Absolutely HG

on 3/3/2014 12:38:00 AM

EDIT: I took off one lippy. Started breaking out with clogged pores and small zits after a week or two of use. Such a shame! I really wanted to like this. Oh well. The search for the perfect moisturizer continues!

I think I've finally found my HG moisturizer! I have combo skin and I'm extremely prone to acne breakouts, even with noncomedogenic products. I bought a sample of this on eBay after a friend recommended it to me. It's a light blue-colored gel with a tiny bit of shimmer (which I LOVE in moisturizers). I used a pea-sized amount for my whole face and was in love the second I put it on. It absorbs super quickly and dries to a fairly matte finish. The one bad thing I noticed is that about 5 minutes after applying, I had a bit of dryness on my cheeks and forehead. But after applying another layer to those areas, it was all good. When midday comes around, I don't even have to blot like usual. And after 4 days of use, I've actually noticed that my skin is clearing up! Overall, this would definitely not work well for someone with dry skin, but for those on the oilier side, it's great. Definitely a perfect summer moisturizer (they even have a version of this with SPF 30)! Love it!

This product is made for acne-prone skin and that is what originally sold me when i first saw it. I am a huge fan of gel moisturizers because i find that it absorbs into my skin more easily and doesn't just stay on the top layer but also penetrates deep down to really hydrate. I am very impressed and satisfied with the results so far because i have not had any major breakouts and I have not experienced any dryness or flaking especially since it is winter time now.

on 12/7/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I recently started using Retin-A at night so I needed a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. I bought the version of this with SPF from Ulta. I like the way it feels and the consistency. I have oily skin but this product wasn't hydrating enough so I usually put Rosehip and Jojoba oils on my face first. As much as I really reallllllyyyy want to like this product (I chose it because of online reviews and that it is paraben-free), EVERY time I wear it, my eyes sting and water! No matter how far away I place it from my eyes, and even when I don't use oils underneath, it happens every time. No other product has ever done this to me and I usually rub sunscreen on my eyelids! Tearing up during the day is very annoying :(. If it wasn't for it making my eyes tear up, I would definitely be happy with this product, it leaves my skin with a really nice texture and doesn't clog my pores/break me out. I don't know if it's the SPF in this product or just the ingredients in general that make my eyes water, but my quest for the perfect SPF moisturizer continues!

on 12/7/2013 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great moisturizer for anyone with naturally oily skin. I hate that there are some negative reviews here due to the fact that it is not moisturizing enough...IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE, so don't fault it for not doing something it doesn't claim to do. If you have combination to oily skin, this is the perfect facial moisturizer. It never feels heavy or greasy. I would also recommend it for anyone who uses a heavy moisturizer in winter months, but wants something lighter in the summer. It's very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge...maybe a little thicker.

Popular Moisturizers