July 30, 2014 | 1509 users online

Cleansers - Andalou Naturals - Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very, very sensitive skin and was looking for a more natural face cleanser. I stumbled upon this at VitaminShoppe on sale for $8 and decided to give it a try. It has a lovely apricot scent and feels great on my face. Leaves my skin nice and soft. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am giving this a 4, not because it worked for my skin, but because it's a very lovely cleanser. Because my skin is the problem, not the cleanser, it is not fair to downgrade the cleanser. My skin is extremely sensitive and fussy, so most products, no matter how good they are, do not bode well with my skin. I didn't get breakouts with this (as I have with other cleansers), but my skin just had its typical red blotchiness, which is exactly where most cleansers fail for me. For morning use, having already-blotchy skin unfortunately sets the stage for problematic makeup, so I need a cleanser that gives me an even-toned slate to start with. At night, it doesn't matter because my skin will look good by morning anyway. That said, my skin didn't get as red as it does with most cleansers.

This cleanser does leave your skin very supple in a good way. It's not drying at all, and the pH is good since it doesn't strip the acid mantle.

I don't think I've ever tried a cleanser that smelled as beautiful and fresh as this. I am in love with the scent. I wish I could use it just to be able to smell it. It doesn't contain perfumes or fragrances—which I absolutely hate and wonder why cosmetic companies feel they need to include them since they are toxic. It just has a really lovely fresh smell.

I read so many reviews that say "this one didn't work but another did" but then they don't let us know what it was. For that reason, i want to list alternative cleansers I have tried that do not make me red or break out, because I know how terribly difficult it is to find one if you have reactive skin like mine. Unfortunately it's a short list:
1) Silk Naturals Apricot cleanser
2) MyChelle Pure Harmony milk cleanser for sensitive skin
3) GOW azulene cleanser
4) Avalon CoQ10 cleansing milk - although I have since rejected it due to some ingredients I want to avoid.
and 5) CSI rose hips cleanser - not totally even-toned but good.

While on this topic, I figured I should add: One ingredient that is sure to make my skin react (and for many days thereafter look awful) is argan oil. Tried and tested only to find the same results no matter what product it was in or by itself. So it's a definite no-no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this daily for about 3 weeks now because I wanted to make sure I did not have any skin issues before reviewing this. My skin is really picky about cleansers and many leave my skin red but this one did not.

First of all I prefer natural cleansers as long as they don't have a lot of irritating essential oils or fragrances because my skin also doesn't seem to like a lot of preservatives. Other than being sensitive, my skin is fairly normal. It's rarely dry and only gets slightly oily during the summer.

This cleanser cleaned my skin without it feeling dry, stripped, or irritated. My skin has been calm during the time I've used this without any redness. This cleanser is creamy so if you are overly oily you may not like it. It was not too moisturizing for my normal to slightly oily skin. It has a scent to it but it's mild and not very noticeable. I use this in the shower in the mornings and just use DHC cleansing oil and my clarisonic at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a moderately priced natural or organic skin care line that doesn['t annoy my skin. Well, here it is. This cleanser smells pleasant, cleans my face thoroughly and I have had no allergy problems with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by rayu59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

horrifying experience.

i was finally making progress with my hyperpigmentation when i decided to "step up" by regimen. Smh. what a mistake

while using this product i broke out in unforgivable cystic acne all over my jawline and the side of my face. i've never ever in my life had this problem before. i don't know whether it's the same ingredient that affected the previous reviewer that also affect me, or whether it's the stem cells or if this was just carelessly formulated

whatever the reason, i do not recommend risking the health of your skin over this product. bottom line: it sucks

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by bkoper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite cleanser I've ever used. It cleans my skin without drying, removes my waterproof mascara, and doesn't irritate one little bit. I was a previous sufferer of Perioral Dermatitis (cured using tamanu oil) and even during my worst flare-ups, this cleanser did not exacerbate the problem.
Smells wonderful, super creamy texture, absolutely LOVE!!
Will buy and buy and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been on a search for a good facial cleanser for my skin for quite some time now. My skin is dehydrated/clog prone and sensitive and I also have some fine lines and pimples. It stinks trying to find a cleanser that properly cleanses my skin without drying it out or making it red. The first week or so that I was using this cleanser my skin looked nice. It wasn't overly drying and it smells wonderful. But around the second/third week I noticed that I had a lot more clogged pores, much more than before and this was the only new product that I was using at the time.
I did a little research on the skin care board and found that caprylic/capric triglycerides can be clogging for some and unfortunately they are the fourth ingredient in this cleanser. The bad news is that this cleanser didn't work for me. But the good news is that I found out what was clogging me and I can avoid that ingredient in the future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No