April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Color Creme #100 Ultra Lite Natural Blonde

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Hair12341234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Began with darkish auburn fine hair just past collarbone. Went to salon asking to be dark blonde - left almost the same (medium brown) and told must take 2 more salon trips in the next two months in order to avoid frying my healthy hair. Maybe good advice but began looking for a cheaper alternative which led me to this site and am very glad I found it.

2 weeks later - combined Garnier Nutrisse Randiant Blondes 10.13 (Canadian) and Garnier Nutrisse Intense LB3 Ultra light ash blonde. Left on 40 minutes (mild smell), then used toner (wella 42ml toner and 84ml 20v cream peroxide, strong smell) for 30 minutes, the box conditioner 15 minutes and still brunette....lol

Bought the Canadian 100 (different from the US 100) extra light natural blonde - from application to shower 90 minutes (stronger smell but not a big deal), no toner left, 30 minutes of the box conditioner (amazing stuff) and still brunette....lol. Have you ever heard of stubborn hair?

Thought about it for 24 hours. My final result (must give hair a rest) is very soft shiny light auburn. I've decided that though it's not what I planned - I like it. Plan to buy the 100 Box again in 6 weeks to maintain. Blonde may not be in the cards for me but this colour is much softer and goes better with my fair cool skin. I hope this helps...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have light/medium brown hair and it is already colored blonde so I only do the roots. After L`Oreal dried my hair out multiple times, I will stick to the Garnier. I really like it, smells nice enough, the conditioner is excellent, and I especially like it when my scalp is irritated as this doesn`t burn the scalp, kinda gentle. It has a Vol 30 peroxide, that lightens 3 levels. Quick, easy to apply, smells nicer than most colors, doesn`t burn. My favorite drugstore brand. For once in a while overall color I used the #100 Natural blonde shade, and it came out goldish on the roots but beautiful on the already colored lenghts! (Just once in a while to refresh color, but after that for the roots I use the Garnier #111 White Chocolate, mix with Vol 40 peroxide, and that takes care of the brassyness at the roots.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Comparing Garnier Nutrisse #100 Ultra Lite Natural Blonde to the ultra light shades of Revlon's Color Silk and Clairol's Nice'nEasy, I do prefer Garnier. It lightens marginally better than the above two products and leaves my hair in better condition. I do not like that I can feel the oil on my hair after rinsing but that is probably what preserves condition. The oil residue does not seem to prevent the beige toner I also use from taking. My hair is a mixture of gray and dark/medium brown. The brown comes out a different color but it blends well enough that it is not particularly noticeable. The gloves in the kit are a good quality. When my hair was all brown, these ultra light kits would not have had enough lift but work well now. EDIT: This shade #100 is called Chamomile on some boxes.