October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Color Creme #100 Ultra Lite Natural Blonde

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Spacebarscandybars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this product to touch up my roots which are naturally a level 5 or 6 light brown, and I also wanted to freshen up my color a bit. The rest of my hair was already a dirty blonde with highlights. Anyway, I started off by applying the product to my roots first since they would need the most time to lift. I sectioned my hair very carefully and made sure to saturate it well. To do the back of my hair, I put one of those light-up cosmetic mirrors on a table infront of me so it was facing the bathroom mirror behind me and I was able to see what I was doing. After I was done the roots, I went ahead and applied the color onto the rest of my hair. I think the instructions said to leave it on for about 35 minutes? However I didn't pay attention to that as I've used high-lift colors before and I knew my hair would need much longer to process to get light enough. So I ended up setting a timer for 60 minutes and when I looked in the mirror my roots still weren't light enough for my liking so I ended up leaving it on for another 30 minutes, for a total of 90 minutes.

Finally, I washed the color out and my hair was a very nice light natural blonde. My roots were a little bit brassy, but that's nothing that violet shampoo couldn't fix. My roots lightened about 4 levels, whereas my ends which were previously highlighted only got about a shade lighter, so this product definitely works best on virgin hair. If your hair is previously dyed, you won't notice much of a difference. However, it will make your hair ashy if you're starting off with a golden blonde color, I had some gold in my hair beforehand that I wanted to get rid of, so I was happy about that.

I also was very surprised at how soft and healthy my hair felt afterwards, especially since the product comes with 40 volume developer and the fact that I left it on for so long.

I used to spend 200 bucks every couple of months at a salon and no one really noticed, but after using this stuff, I've received so many compliments. When people ask where I get my hair colored, they are surprised when I tell them I do it myself. All that for $6.99 at your local drugstore.

All in all, definitely a great product if you want to go lighter without using bleach!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually used this in LB3 the 'beige' one. I had color fixed some old dyes and hennas out. I was left with a dark gingery blonde. Then I bleached and toned; I had a medium neutral blonde. I wanted a hare (no pun intended) lighter so I thought I'd try a high lift. This had 40 vol peroxide in it! I watered it down a tad (poured some out added water) probably down to like a 35 vol - I was scared haha. Well I probably should've left well enough alone cause it didn't make it much lighter. The bonus is though that it didn't immediately turn banana color like bleach does in my hair. My hair doesn't feel much more damaged than it did. I used neutral color protein filler pre-dye. I left in 30 min. My hair IS lighter it's just not too too noticeable. I'm going to leave as is for now cause my old noggin has seen enough abuse! Pretty decent for a drug store product I guess. Oh... But it was just a teeny packet of a conditioner not a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Hair12341234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Began with darkish auburn fine hair just past collarbone. Went to salon asking to be dark blonde - left almost the same (medium brown) and told must take 2 more salon trips in the next two months in order to avoid frying my healthy hair. Maybe good advice but began looking for a cheaper alternative which led me to this site and am very glad I found it.

2 weeks later - combined Garnier Nutrisse Randiant Blondes 10.13 (Canadian) and Garnier Nutrisse Intense LB3 Ultra light ash blonde. Left on 40 minutes (mild smell), then used toner (wella 42ml toner and 84ml 20v cream peroxide, strong smell) for 30 minutes, the box conditioner 15 minutes and still brunette....lol

Bought the Canadian 100 (different from the US 100) extra light natural blonde - from application to shower 90 minutes (stronger smell but not a big deal), no toner left, 30 minutes of the box conditioner (amazing stuff) and still brunette....lol. Have you ever heard of stubborn hair?

Thought about it for 24 hours. My final result (must give hair a rest) is very soft shiny light auburn. I've decided that though it's not what I planned - I like it. Plan to buy the 100 Box again in 6 weeks to maintain. Blonde may not be in the cards for me but this colour is much softer and goes better with my fair cool skin. I hope this helps...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so the photos on the box I think don`t make much sense. I mean the LB1 is supposed to be a cool blonde however the photo is a warm toned blonde, and LB3 that should be a warm beige blonde, the pic is more of a cool blonde. Think on a scale, NEUTRAL is in the middle, and cool is on one end and warm is on the other.
Anyhow, I went with the middle blonde, Neutral to see if it is more warm or cool for next time use. I normally only color my roots at this point as the rest of my hair is very blonde, a level 10 natural. So the product. I really like it! It has a Vol 40 peroxide, meaning this IS the highest you can get anywhere, and there is no other boxed product with that high Vol. So I am really happy this came out, as when I use a boxed dye, I normally have to ditch the Vol 30 and exchange it for my own bought Vol 40. I have been doing that for years, but this way is all one step. It lifted my medium brown roots to a really nice level 9 blonde (Vol 40 will lift 4 shades!), but the trick was that I left it on for 1 hour!!! It doesn`t smell that bad and it only `stings` for a few minutes, it is cheap, and it came out quite nice, not much brassiness, like normally the `Neutrals` turn on me. ... I put it on the rest of my hair for 5 min, and it turned it ashy though. :( So be careful if you have previously colored hair, it might pull out some unexpected color. That ash disappeared within a week, thanks god, so anyhow, If this is your first time coloring, do a strand test, but on my roots only I really like it. Finally a product with Vol.40!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by emodel

I have light/medium brown hair and it is already colored blonde so I only do the roots. After L`Oreal dried my hair out multiple times, I will stick to the Garnier. I really like it, smells nice enough, the conditioner is excellent, and I especially like it when my scalp is irritated as this doesn`t burn the scalp, kinda gentle. It has a Vol 30 peroxide, that lightens 3 levels. Quick, easy to apply, smells nicer than most colors, doesn`t burn. My favorite drugstore brand. For once in a while overall color I used the #100 Natural blonde shade, and it came out goldish on the roots but beautiful on the already colored lenghts! (Just once in a while to refresh color, but after that for the roots I use the Garnier #111 White Chocolate, mix with Vol 40 peroxide, and that takes care of the brassyness at the roots.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Comparing Garnier Nutrisse #100 Ultra Lite Natural Blonde to the ultra light shades of Revlon's Color Silk and Clairol's Nice'nEasy, I do prefer Garnier. It lightens marginally better than the above two products and leaves my hair in better condition. I do not like that I can feel the oil on my hair after rinsing but that is probably what preserves condition. The oil residue does not seem to prevent the beige toner I also use from taking. My hair is a mixture of gray and dark/medium brown. The brown comes out a different color but it blends well enough that it is not particularly noticeable. The gloves in the kit are a good quality. When my hair was all brown, these ultra light kits would not have had enough lift but work well now. EDIT: This shade #100 is called Chamomile on some boxes.