September 1, 2014 | 1011 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush - Summer Peach PB27

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a whim at Ulta, and pleasantly surprised by it! This is my second NYX blush. It is a light pinky peach with a hint of gold shimmer, and quite pigmented. I am NW15 and have to apply this with a light hand, but it gives a beautiful, natural color & finish on the skin. The shimmer isn't an overwhelming glitter bomb, it just gives a nice glow. I think this is almost a dupe for NARS Orgasm, minus the glitter bomb factor. I expect this color would work for many skin tones. The blush itself is not chalky or powdery at all, more comparable to MAC powder blushes in terms of formula & pigmentation. I like this color and would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this blush for a few months now, and I really like it. The colour is very nice, and although it looks quite sparkly, when you put it on your face it looks quite natural. It is fairly pigmented so I don't need to wear a lot - meaning it is nowhere near running out any time soon even though I use it every day. It is inexpensive but really good quality. I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Summer Peach for about 4 months now and I'm very pleased with it. What I like about it is that you don't get an overload of product on your brush, so it gives you more control. It does not have a ton of fallout. In the pan it appears to have shimmer, but it does not show up on your face. A huge plus in my book. It also stays on for quite some time. For a $5 blush (I actually got this for less on sale) it does a fantastic job. My only negative is the packaging- I suppose it is my fault- I dropped it and the hinge on the back broke-but the blush stayed intact! I've "fixed" this with some tape, but oh well! I think this is a high quality blush at a very reasonable price that I would recommend.

Pros: pleasing, long lasting color with low/no shimmer, low price, easy to apply
Cons: packaging can break if you're clumsy like me-but the product stayed intact.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My only blush before buying this was a pink blush that is very shimmery, and nice, but I wanted to get something a little more peachy. So I picked this NYX blush up, and while I was wary of the shimmer that you see in the container, it doesn't actually look that shimmery when applied. It is a very soft, light colour which is buildable. Looks really natural and sweet. Would love to try out some other NYX blush colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this peachy blush, it is very subtle and buildable. I was hesitant on getting it since it seemed shimmery but in actuality it is not shimmery at all. Could be a dupe for Nars Orgasm without the glittery overcoat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I was super wary of moving from peaches to pinks in blush because of my skin tone, but wanted to give a slight pink color scheme a try. Previously I used L'Oreal True Match blendable blush in Precious Peach (N 1-2, my first and favorite) Bare Honey (W 1-2) and Barely Blushing (W 3-4) for dramatic contour on certain nights. So after reviewing and not being able to decide, I picked up this, Nyx Pinched, E.l.f. candid coral and E.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, all of which are in my reviews, and all of which are varying shades of peachy-pink.

This one was the one I was most skeptical of, since it's definitely a pink (at least compared to precious peach) and darker than Pinched. I don't think by looking I'd say it's more peach at all, despite the name. Both are peachy pink, but the most notable difference is that this is darker. As a matter of fact, because of that, pinched looks more peach than this does. (I'd say they are in the same 'family'.) When you open them and swatch them, you get the same result, summer peach is darker, hints of shimmer, and pinched is shimmer loaded and catches light and also much lighter in color. As far as compared to the others, this is the darkest of the bunch and by far the most pink. The E.l.f contouring blush is very pink too, but a lot lighter.

So after trying this a few times I debated returning it because I can't do super pink on my cheeks, but it's such a nice color that if I go lightly it works ok. I have to wonder if I got an incorrectly labeled one since it's SO different from the other swatches I see. It's far from hideous, and I do like to have options of makeup that I like and can be used for others, but I hate to have stuff I'll never use. I decided I would use this as now I have options for different outfits and occasions instead of only having my subtle blush combinations. I would also like to add that even though this is darker, I probably wouldn't use it as a contour, because it's still light and bright enough to be a blush only. You could highlight the tops of you cheeks with Pinched, however, but not all of your face with it.

The price is great, and the staying power is more so than the E.l.f. ones. The compact is cute, but I have had breakage when dropping Nyx eye shadows and this is the same style. I've seen it happen to blushes too so please be careful! Overall I do like it and I'm happy I kept it :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great natural looking blush. It appears to be coral, but I find it applies slightly pink, and not very even. It reminds me alot of NARS Deep Throat, as well, especially with the gold glitter chunks.

I would not repurchase because I do not like how uneven it is, and also not a fan of glitter on my face. But the color is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing color and staying power!
I am a Tarte Blush addict but have to say this blush is truly wonderful. The color is a peachy pink with gold shimmer and goes on with buildable color. The best part is the blush has not faded after wearing it ALL day. I have a lot of blush that i can apply and by the time i get to work it has drastically faded. For the price this can't be beat. Absolutely better than any drug store blush i have tried and stacks up there with Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Tarte, Too Faced, and Benefit! Well worth the money